Red Sonja Faces The Wrath Of The Gods In February

Posted by G-Man (30603 posts) - - Show Bio

The She-Devil With A Sword is going to Asgard this February.  Why is Red Sonja making vacation plans to the Asgardian home?  With the aid of Thor (not Marvel's version) and Odin, the All-Father, Red Sonja must defeat Loki, the malicious God of Mischief while uncovering the mysteries of her past.

We will get a look into the mysteries of Red Sonja's past courtesy of writer Luke Lieberman and artist Walter Geovanni in Red Sonja: Wrath Of The Gods #1.  Dynamite is celebrating this crossover with Robert E. Howard's world of Conan and the Gods of Norse Mythology with an exclusive offer for retailers.  For every ten copies of issue #1 they order, retailers will receive a limited edition virgin variant cover. 

For more information, visit Dynamite's site.

Staff
#1 Posted by Namor1987 (1881 posts) - - Show Bio

I got two questions. 1.What  ever happened to the Red Sonja movie with Rose McGowan that was in the works  & 2. Is the whole book going to be in B&W?
#2 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool.
#3 Posted by G-Man (30603 posts) - - Show Bio
@Namor1987: Supposedly the movie is not dead.  It's been pushed back and no real firm date.  Obviously it hasn't started production yet.

The issue will have color.  On the Dynamite page it lists the colorist as "to be determined."
Staff
#4 Posted by danhimself (22268 posts) - - Show Bio

the art looks great...I've just started reading Red Sonja with the newest series on Babs' recommendation and I've got to say it's a pretty good book...I like it enough that I'm going back and reading some of the back issues from the previous series

#5 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw that art & thought 'Bet Red LAMP is loving that'... Maybe more if we colour her purple like Psylocke ;p  

#6 Posted by drawme (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Her "armor" doesn´t make any sense at all.

#7 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Cheeky art.  Love it.
#8 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Aww, I would have liked to have seen Red Sonja and Thor hook up :/

#9 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio
@drawme said:
"Her "armor" doesn´t make any sense at all. "

maybe she doesn't want to lose a titty
#10 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

She's one tough red head :)
#11 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

I am really enjoying the work going on in Dynamite lately, it started with Project Superheros for me and lately its been Thulsa Doom. I will be collecting Red Sonja now too. I am looking forward on Dynamite's twist on the Norse Mythos.

#12 Posted by G-Man (30603 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree.  Dynamite doesn't get enough love.  That was my main focus for posting this article.

Staff
#13 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet art!

#14 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

nothing against rose mc gowan, but i don't see her as the warrior type

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.