ECCC 13: Gail Simone to Write New RED SONJA Ongoing Series

• 55 results
#51 Posted by blackkitty (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, there sure does seem to be a lot of Gail Simone hate. Pity since I happen to think she's an amazing writer. I've loved her run on Batgirl, Birds of Prey and Secret Six. I have stated I will collect anything Gail Simone writes or at the very least give it a shot and I'm certainly willing to try this one as well.

#52 Posted by KnightofSteel (273 posts) - - Show Bio

This could be good. Dynamite has struggled I think with getting this book out into the forefront. If Simone could bring something fresh to the table, the series could be promising. And hopefully Geovani will do each issue, as the current series jumps all over the place as far as consistent art goes.

#53 Posted by queenfrost_ (2490 posts) - - Show Bio

@BatWatch: Haha, I expected this response :P

Objectification: Being sexy for fan service/Sonja is only looked upon as a sex object and nothing more

Sexual weaponary: Sonja OWNS her sexual appearance and uses it to her advantage. She isn't objectified since she is owning that sexual appearance and using it to either fool/trick men or just to give off a confident vibe

#54 Posted by Trodorne (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

What is with Simone doing characters that are red heads? not that im complaining. I love the red heads, they are crazy. like me.

#55 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! Simone and Scott, why not? Sign me up...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.