duo_forbidden's Red Robin #26 - What Goes Around review

Decisions.

Synopsis: Will Tim Drake kill Captain Boomerang?

What's Good?
As a long time fan of Tim Drake, I never realize how much he actually wanted Captain Boomerang dead. His dilemma is quite different than Bruce, Dick, or even Barbara. It's understandable though, as Harkness was the one who killed his father. With this issue, we see the full potential of Tim Drake, and what he can be truly capable of. However, he tries to justifies his own actions by stating it was Harkness' own fault throughout.

One factor to keep in mind about Tim Drake is that he keeps evolving from time to time. Ever since the start of Red Robin, he's been doing so more often. His decisions weigh down on him more than they should. He's always think about his decisions and their outcome. That's what I love about him. He's different from both Bruce and Dick, so different that I'm sure the final page may leave fans mixed about the kind of person Tim is or possibly was becoming.

For the final issue, Marcus To shows readers his impressive artwork. His spread page at the beginning of each issues are always nice to see, and the confrontation with Captain Boomerang and Red Robin is no different.

What's Bad?
My only problem with this issue is that it finally addresses the vendetta between Tim and Captain Boomerang months after him being alive. This should have been addressed a long time ago like around issue 15.

Overall: This was a step I didn't think would be so difficult for Tim. Tim was or is walking down a path that may be darker than Bruce methods. Those elements may or may not play a role come September when DC relaunches. Whatever the case, this is one issue of Red Robin fans should not miss out on. There's no happy ending to series, there's only the continuing struggle.

Posted by jrock85

I thought the ending was a little anticlimactic, but overall, it was a good read.