Follow

Red Lanterns

Volume »

A New 52 production, Red Lantern sees the birth of the Red Lanterns and their tales throughout the DC Universe.

Red Lanterns #28

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Note: This is a $2.99 double-sized issue with GREEN LANTERN #28 on the flip side. You can read the review for that HERE.

The Good

It's a great thing being able to immediately read the second part of a cliffhanger story. In GREEN LANTERN #28, we saw the Lanterns discover a new Red Lantern that happens to be a Kryptonian. They make their way to Ysmault to talk to Guy Gardner to find out what's going on.

Before all that hits the fan, this issue also picks up from last issue, which was just released (another bonus). I can't believe I'm saying this after how I felt about many of the characters before, with each issue, they become more and more likable. Charles Soule is making the Red Lanterns interesting and humorous, without making them feel like a joke. We get more development on their relationship with the Green Lanterns and who gets Sector 2814.

Alessandro Vitti's art captures the characters perfectly. Guy Gardner's new look is really growing on him and seeing Kara as a Red Lantern is going to be fun.

The Bad

I skimmed through the Shadow ThiefVillains Month issue so I don't know much about the character. She came across as pretty absurd but maybe that was the point? The shift from the Red Lanterns on Earth to Ysmault felt a little sudden, as if it was in order to continue this mini-crossover.

The Verdict

RED LANTERNS continues to shine brighter than ever. Charles Soule is doing a great job taking these odd characters and making them fun to read. He's taken a book and characters I cared very little for and turned it all around. With this issue packaged with GREEN LANTERNS #28, you get two comics for the price of one. It's a great deal and you essentially get a double-sized complete story that will have a big impact on the GL, RL and SUPERGIRL titles.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

This book is so good. The only thing that bothered me was the jumping back forwards between now and the past which was a bit jarring that's only because the story pacing for each individual issue and an arc as a whole is normally spot on.

Really looking forward to seeing what my favorite writer can bring to my favorite charterer in my favorite book.

This week has been great so far and have not even gotten through half my stack:)

staypuffed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

I wasn't going to read this, but since it's a double issue priced at $2.99 (and a four and five star review) I'm picking this up.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really can't wait to pick up this up later. Red Lantern looks to be a very good title in comparison to its former self. Might just make it to my pull list.

notdeadpool27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

was ysmault always in sector 2814?

undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

FIVE STAR MUSTACHE!

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

yes I'm pretty sure

kazekaine1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kazekaine1

Yea it was always in 2814

Ando123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best dc book¡

mcbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never read this series before but this issue was pretty cool. I can't wait to see what's coming up next with this story.

Avatar image for batsymyplaything
    batsymyplaything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know they rebooted everything, but Hal and Guy not knowing Supergirl is weird, that just me.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Great issue! I agree that this book has gotten better since Soule took it over but I've enjoyed the series since the beginning.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I know they rebooted everything, but Hal and Guy not knowing Supergirl is weird, that just me.

I agree. I don't follow the Super-family titles, but I thought everyone knew who Supergirl was.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By JakeN7

@batsymyplaything said:

I agree. I don't follow the Super-family titles, but I thought everyone knew who Supergirl was.

Samesies

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

B'ox needs an ongoing

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.