Follow

Red Lantern Corps

Team » Red Lantern Corps appears in 292 issues.

Powered by the red light of rage, Atrocitus and his Red Lanterns travel the universe enacting violent retribution against injustice wherever they find it.

Red Lanerns...what do you think?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

What does everyone think of the new Red Lantern Corps comic? IMO it's in the top two for the GL mythos. The art is amazing. The story has a nice pace (It could be a BIT faster) Action scenes are amazing, overall, I'm loving it. What do the rest of you think?

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Eh, it's okay. Not really all that great. Probably better than GLC, but not as good as New Guardians or Green Lantern.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#2  Edited By RazzaTazz

It has taken on the philosophical heart that the GLC used to have.  Its stories are a little deeper than those in the other series.  It doesnt pack as much punch for the action but the character depth is there.  Hard to make a full comparison though while Soranik is still missing from the new 52

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By luckydomino1

red lanterns is beast nuff said

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By dernman

I don't like how they are trying to turn them into Avenging Anti-Heroes. The book over all isn't that great to me either..

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@RazzaTazz said:

It has taken on the philosophical heart that the GLC used to have. Its stories are a little deeper than those in the other series. It doesnt pack as much punch for the action but the character depth is there. Hard to make a full comparison though while Soranik is still missing from the new 52

This.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
    mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By mightyrearranger

I just looked at the solicit for #4 today...

2 of my favorites finally getting their dues (Skallox and Ratchett)?!?! AWESOME! I love this book so far. Bleez's issue was a bit of a disappointment, since we've heard it all before, but I'm still on board. :)

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By BloodTalon

I love this book. I am very glad that they are giving some more Red Lanterns there intelligence back I think it would be nice if the act of throwing them into the Blood Ocean became the final test to see if the ring wearer's rage was pure if there rage is not pure I think they should die@Dernman said:

I don't like how they are trying to turn them into Avenging Anti-Heroes. The book over all isn't that great to me either..

what did you think they were going to do?

BTW Dex-star still rocks and should be seen more

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By dernman
    @BloodTalon said:

I love this book. I am very glad that they are giving some more Red Lanterns there intelligence back I think it would be nice if the act of throwing them into the Blood Ocean became the final test to see if the ring wearer's rage was pure if there rage is not pure I think they should die@Dernman said:

what did you think they were going to do?

BTW Dex-star still rocks and should be seen more

I expected them to be beings consumed by rage.  
    A hero who gets consumed by rage that when he goes after someone he is to rage filled to care about who gets in his way or collateral damage turning him onto a villain 
    and who said it has to be justified rage that the rings pick  villains have rage or just the normal person who has rage issues  
    Red lanterns should be destructive so consumed by rage that it's hard to think villains with Atrocitus being able to keep control.   

If they wanted a thinking corps they should have gone with the yellow Lanterns. 

P.S. I like Dex-star also.
    BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BloodTalon

@Dernman: Well I see where you are coming from and given further reflection brought about by your post I say why can't there be both camps one led by Atrocitus (a small group of thinking Red Lanterns with not only pure rage but good intentions) and the other led by Blees (this one would be much larger and comprised of mostly the "mad dog" Red Lanterns and very few intelligent ones)

This way the Red Lanterns kinda become there own worst enemies what do you think about that?

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Daveyo520

It is okay.

Avatar image for deactivated-649a95712285a
    deactivated-649a95712285a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

* shivers*

The red lantern book is terrible. I CAN'T STAND reading "Ahh ghghgadfkhadfhas;dfjladfa;f;lakshf;ioajd;flkj Atrocitus aasdfhad;fa;da;kgh;adf rage ......ugghghghgh....aaaaagggghhhh......burn!" every time the red lanterns talk. They've never been interesting. They're snarling beasts and their leader is a necrophiliac, the way he talks to Krona all the time.

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BloodTalon

@UpUpAndAway: Don't hold back tell us how you really feel.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By luckydomino1

@UpUpAndAway: you can no longer use that as an excuse to hate the book some of them are getting their intelligence back

RaFonaRaFona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RaFonaRaFona

I love it. When the New 52 started up, I skipped it. But two weeks ago I picked up #4 and flipped through it. That was enough. I immediately walked over and pick up the other three. I agree that the art is great and I am really enjoying the story. I find myself aticipating this book the most out of the Lantern titles.

Mayo88m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mayo88m

I like it enough so far. It's not the best book in the DCnu, but I can see it going places so I haven't brought myself to drop it. Also, has anyone else noticed the topic title yet? lol Not to be mean, I know it was a mistake, but man it makes me think of how people in the south say wraslin' instead of wrestling.

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#16  Edited By Queso6p4

I've definitely enjoyed it more than I thought I would and I'm curious as to see just how far this new phase will go with the other Red Lanterns.

The possibility of Krona still being alive definitely piques my interest and

I wonder how things will develop between Bleez and Atrocitus.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By 2chimcha3

It's good but I want some more action besides Atrocitus smacking Bleez around.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#18  Edited By Joygirl

It's in my top three faves. Really could do without Jack Moore though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.