Rage of The Red Lanterns

#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Written by Geoff Johns; Art and covers by Shane Davis and Sandra Hope.

The "War of Light" is finally kicking off and the prelude to "The Blackest Night" begins here!

They come from a place of great anger and hatred. They are the Red Lanterns and they will have their revenge against the greatest Green Lantern - Sinestro. That is, unless the Guardians have theirs first.

caption

caption
caption
caption
caption

Also, just worth mentioning, check the population of Coast City on the last image...

Population = 2,686,164

2814 (Earth's Sector) + 666

Hmmm... intriguing....

M

#2 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

FC ROFTRLs is out tommorow is it not?

#3 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

dude I really hope theres some human red lanterns!

#4 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11269 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the end to it. Power level 200% wtf. How does that work? I can't wait for GL36

#5 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF how did i miss this!?!!?

#6 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11269 posts) - - Show Bio

You didn't look?

#7 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio
Billy said:
"

SPOILERS

Deep within.. even Hal Jordan Hates...
Ring Leader Of The Black Lanterns.. a necrophile...
"
Seriously after reading the issue just now.... Methos, next time i say someones a red lantern, you know he/she is :)
#8 Posted by Darkchild (41439 posts) - - Show Bio

HOLY CRAP

Rage of the Red Lanterns was freaking AWESOME

And adding on the appearance of Saint Walker as a blue lantern it just kicked off.

#9 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11269 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is Saint Walker anyway?

#10 Posted by Darkchild (41439 posts) - - Show Bio
Supreme Marvel said:
"Who is Saint Walker anyway?"
The name sounds familiar, but im pretty sure he/she is either a REAALY old unseen till now character or someone new
#11 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"HOLY CRAP

And adding on the appearance of Saint Walker as a blue lantern it just kicked off."
Not just any Blue lantern, THE BLUE LANTERN!
#12 Posted by Darkchild (41439 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. Victor von Doom said:
"Darkchild said:
"HOLY CRAP

And adding on the appearance of Saint Walker as a blue lantern it just kicked off."
Not just any Blue lantern, THE BLUE LANTERN!"
Yeah i know
#13 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11269 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to make sense of that.

#14 Posted by Darkchild (41439 posts) - - Show Bio
Supreme Marvel said:
"Hard to make sense of that."
of me or Doom. Cause if ur tring to make sense from him it aint ever gonna happen
#15 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio
Supreme Marvel said:
"Hard to make sense of that."
Alright, moment of silence... now take a look at your av, picture yourself telling me or DC we don't make sense, when clearly, you are the one using a profound version of an oxymoron.
#16 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11269 posts) - - Show Bio

True...but DC loves that scene.

#17 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11269 posts) - - Show Bio
Saint Walker. Green Lantern #25
#18 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice find

#19 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11269 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought, I'd go back to these issues, and see if I see him.

#20 Posted by inferiorego (28275 posts) - - Show Bio

What an amazing issue. I cannot wait for the Light Wars.

Staff
#21 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

SOOOO GOOOD!

#22 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah, this was awesome. 

#23 Posted by cennobite (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Who out of the bad guys on Earth would have enough rage and anger to be a cadidate for the Red Lanterns. Killer Croc maybe, all he wants to do he kill kill kill kill. If Fernus the Burning Martian was still around he would so be cool memeber. Or an early Doomsday before he got Kryptonian DNA spliced into him, around the time when he kicked Superman's ass.

#24 Posted by The Emerald Knight (243 posts) - - Show Bio

This was really awesome. I can't wait for Light War to begin.

#25 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome issue

The lantern corps are easily becoming my new favorite series

#26 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
Supreme Marvel said:
"I loved the end to it. Power level 200% wtf. How does that work? I can't wait for GL36"
Johsn explained that happened due to the blue lanterns being the strongest ones of the corps (also the ones in less numbers) the guy that appeared at the end was charging Hal's ring
#27 Posted by The Emerald Knight (243 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Supreme Marvel said:
"I loved the end to it. Power level 200% wtf. How does that work? I can't wait for GL36"
Johsn explained that happened due to the blue lanterns being the strongest ones of the corps (also the ones in less numbers) the guy that appeared at the end was charging Hal's ring"
Where did John say that?
#28 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, this is one of the best events in Comics i've had the pleasure of being a part of. An i can't wait to see this. Here is a preview for the next part. It looks amazing.  http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39547 , Geoff was serious about Atrocitus being the Alpha Male, and he makes Sinestro even more of a badass then he always was.

#29 Posted by NightFang (10261 posts) - - Show Bio

This is so was awesome. 

#30 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
The Emerald Knight said:
"Nighthunter said:
"Supreme Marvel said:
Johsn explained that happened due to the blue lanterns being the strongest ones of the corps (also the ones in less numbers) the guy that appeared at the end was charging Hal's ring"
Where did John say that?"
interview in Ign I believe
#31 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
The Emerald Knight said:
"Nighthunter said:
"Supreme Marvel said:
Where did John say that?"
interview in Ign I believe
#32 Posted by DEGRAAF (7912 posts) - - Show Bio
@cennobite said:
"Who out of the bad guys on Earth would have enough rage and anger to be a cadidate for the Red Lanterns. Killer Croc maybe, all he wants to do he kill kill kill kill. If Fernus the Burning Martian was still around he would so be cool memeber. Or an early Doomsday before he got Kryptonian DNA spliced into him, around the time when he kicked Superman's ass. "

why couldnt doomsday still have enough rage to become one?

@Methos said:
worth mentioning, check the population of Coast City on the last image...

Population = 2,686,164 2814 (Earth's Sector) + 666Hmmm... intriguing....M"

nice catch
#33 Posted by cennobite (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday does still have enough rage in him to become a red lantern its just that he has a vulnerability to kryptonite since he has kryptonian DNA spliced into his own, unlike Superman it does not kill him or damage him it just hurts him. So that's why I said that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.