powers...

#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

just a quick not for people here editing the Red Lanterns, Blue Lanterns... hell, the entire rainbow corps aside from Green Lanterns...

Any other Corps, aside from Green Lanterns, do not have the Willpower based energy constructs power for their page alright?

As has been fully explained in the comics, Red Lanterns use HATE, not WILLPOWER, Yellow use FEAR, Blue will use HOPE, Orange AVARICE / GREED and so on...

The Green Lantern Corps are the only ones who use WILLPOWER to fuel their rings...

Currently the power is only WILLPOWER BASED ENERGY CONSTRUCTS but after the update i think it will be changed to EMOTION BASED ENERGY CONSTRUCTS so that it can be added to the entire corps :D

M

#2 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

For those who just have to add powers, Energy Based Constructs works.
Post Edited:2008-03-15 17:30:47

Moderator
#3 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Willpower is an emotion? Why not just add emotion base and keep willpower. Cause not only Dc use willpower based constructions. Sue Storm does as well.

#4 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Geoff state that the Rage Corps would rely on main-strength. Not energy constructs.

#5 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio
Emerald_General_Jai said:
"Didn't Geoff state that the Rage Corps would rely on main-strength. Not energy constructs. "
Maybe Red Lanterns will be able to make constructs, it's just not within their mentality to do so...well that's my guess.
#6 Posted by Mr Seta (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if the Red Lantens have a shortened life as the look like they are burning up inside, hate consuming them?

#7 Posted by Vincent (4 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"

just a quick not for people here editing the Red Lanterns, Blue Lanterns... hell, the entire rainbow corps aside from Green Lanterns...

Any other Corps, aside from Green Lanterns, do not have the Willpower based energy constructs power for their page alright?

As has been fully explained in the comics, Red Lanterns use HATE, not WILLPOWER, Yellow use FEAR, Blue will use HOPE, Orange AVARICE / GREED and so on...

The Green Lantern Corps are the only ones who use WILLPOWER to fuel their rings...

Currently the power is only WILLPOWER BASED ENERGY CONSTRUCTS but after the update i think it will be changed to EMOTION BASED ENERGY CONSTRUCTS so that it can be added to the entire corps :D

M

"
So basically you intend on creating Hate/Fear/Hope/Avarice/Death/Compassion based constructs as a power?
#8 Posted by Alpha Guard (1430 posts) - - Show Bio
~The Wanderer~ said:
"Emerald_General_Jai said:
"Didn't Geoff state that the Rage Corps would rely on main-strength. Not energy constructs. "
Maybe Red Lanterns will be able to make constructs, it's just not within their mentality to do so...well that's my guess."
I think what they do is channel hate to create constructs, though to do so you'd think they'd need to use willpower to do that.
#9 Posted by Vincent (4 posts) - - Show Bio
~The Wanderer~ said:
"Emerald_General_Jai said:
"Didn't Geoff state that the Rage Corps would rely on main-strength. Not energy constructs. "
Maybe Red Lanterns will be able to make constructs, it's just not within their mentality to do so...well that's my guess."
You seen what Cyborg Superman did to Kal El with hate right?
#10 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

so basically they cant make energy constructs that sucks because thats one of the cool things about being a lantern then i guess thats why they count on that blood vomit lol oh well there still cool XD!!!!!

#11 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
just a quick not for people here editing the Red Lanterns, Blue Lanterns... hell, the entire rainbow corps aside from ... [more]
How the hell do you use hope/greed to win a fight?  For that matter, I would think that "hoping" to win would curbstomp the other ring carriers.
#12 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage: your right lol mmm im greedy wait how can i win oh yeah pretend everythings money its all mine  XD!!!!!!!!!!! yeah hoping to win will be crazy but i think red lanterns have it easy though all u have to be is angry and have hate...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.