razzatazz's Red Hood and the Outlaws #6 - Take me Down to Paradise City -- Where the Sea Runs Red & the Girls are Pretty review

Appreciate the past

I guess if there can be anything said for my observations thus far about this series, its that this issue proves mostly correct.  This issue is an origin one of sorts, still not fully detailing what Kory and Dick Grayson's past is together, but the way that she and Jason come together as a team here is much more clear.  Kory is displayed as a lot more of a character that can be associated with (especially as she is wearing normal clothes throughout this issue) but the real addition here is actually one by subtraction, namely that Roy Harper shows up only as a sort of cameo.  At this point it is clear that the writer in responding to the criticism of issue 1 was mostly correct in saying that it didn't necessarily reflect the direction of this series.  This issue highlights what the real problem is here, not the depiction of Starfire so much as the depiction of Roy.

Posted by jrock85

All of the pot shots at Bruce are getting really annoying. Bruce may not have been a perfect parent, but Jason is coming of even more ungrateful than he was before the reboot.

Other reviews for Red Hood and the Outlaws #6 - Take me Down to Paradise City -- Where the Sea Runs Red & the Girls are Pretty