god_spawn's Red Hood and the Outlaws #6 - Take me Down to Paradise City -- Where the Sea Runs Red & the Girls are Pretty review

A break from the action but still fantastic.

The Good: Everything was great. Though the issue spanned entirely of Starfire and Jason interacting, it was done perfectly. I loved how they came to know each other. I loved the revealing of both their pasts and just accepting each other as who they are. Jason was always so down on himself with hate and anger, Starfire has issues with her memory. Her memories are there but certain things she just can't remember. She remembers the adventures and nights with Grayson but can't put a finger on his name. She even notices the similarities Jason shares with him. Jason tells her everything and Starfire forgives him and told him to not let the hate rule his life. It had a great lesson to the story and Lobdell threw in a few touches of his humor that blended so well with the story without taking away from the initial message.

The Bad: Nothing.

Recommended: Yes

Better than the previous: Yes.

Posted by Video_Martian

This was a great issue :)

Other reviews for Red Hood and the Outlaws #6 - Take me Down to Paradise City -- Where the Sea Runs Red & the Girls are Pretty

Appreciate the past 0

I guess if there can be anything said for my observations thus far about this series, its that this issue proves mostly correct.  This issue is an origin one of sorts, still not fully detailing what Kory and Dick Grayson's past is together, but the way that she and Jason come together as a team here is much more clear.  Kory is displayed as a lot more of a character that can be associated with (especially as she is wearing normal clothes throughout this issue) but the real addition here is actua...