djotaku's Red Hood and the Outlaws #4 - Come Fly With Me--Come Die, Just Die Away! review

Valley

The issue has a funny start with Red Hood and Arsenal at the bar. This scene also reveals that Arsenal's vice in the new 52 was changed from being a drug addict to being an alcoholic. We get some slight development on the plot vis-a-vie who killed Red Hood's monk trainers, but then the book shifts to another antagonist and his beef with Starfire. It's a tried and true trope, but the fight is pretty good.

Overall, it's an interesting issue, but I still have no idea what this book is really about. Is it Jason vs these bad guys that killed his trainers or is that just the first arc. It's the hard part with these completely new books for the new 52 vs an established book like Batman. With Batman you know he's a detective and he's just solving crime after crime. For now it seems like RH & tO is about going from place to place looking for killers.

Other reviews for Red Hood and the Outlaws #4 - Come Fly With Me--Come Die, Just Die Away!

All Good in the Red Hood. 0

The Good: Between the somewhat cliched jokes, the college like humor and the fight scenes, Red Hood and the Outlaws has become my favorite of the new 52 books. The issue gave me a few laughs, it had a few action scenes and with the artwork it all mingled well. The issue spread out between the characters and focused a bit more on Starfire who had the main fight of the issue and is expanding her character as a warrior princess. This issue seems to be setting Roy up towards the next issue as a bigg...