djotaku's Red Hood and the Outlaws #3 - Cherish is the Word I Use--to Destroy You! review

A Mixed Bag

This issue has a GREAT plot device for exploring the characters' backstory. It is horrible for advancing the current arc. I would have preferred for this issue to take place a little later after this arc is over. Basically, the team goes trekking through an Escher painting while some god-like dude looks at their most cherished memories.

I know Lobdell is trying to make Kory out to be proud (as she's from royalty) but her cherished memory makes her look like a HUGE jerk

Roy's memory is pretty cool

Jason's memory, revealed at the end is a very touching moment which makes it heartbreaking that Jason does what he does.

If you have limited funds and all you care about is story - skip it. If you want a nice issue that explores the main characters, pick it up.

Other reviews for Red Hood and the Outlaws #3 - Cherish is the Word I Use--to Destroy You!

Cherished Memories 0

The Story: Jason Todd, Starfire and Arsenal embark on an adventure that ends unexpectedly for Jason Todd. My Thoughts:I didn't start reading this series until last month when I picked up the first two issues together. After reading them I instantly became a fan. While it's a little unorthodox, the series is extremely fun to read. I've notice a lot of people who review it aren't enjoying it. There was some controversy relating to Starfire's new costume but that shouldn't turn you off from the sto...