durakken's Red Hood and the Outlaws #3 - Cherish is the Word I Use--to Destroy You! review

Meta non-meta metas

Art - average art that is consistent. The one thing I don't like about the art is the Robin costume. I've always hated when they give Tim's costume, or a variation of it, to other Robins. The whole reason for the change in Tim's costume from the pixie costume to more combat ready is because of Jason dying and Bruce wanted to make sure Tim was all armored up as much as possible. It doubly annoying because that costume looks awesome and save for the Yellow outside cape, I'd love it if that was the redesign for Tim's costume like it should be (rather than that crap that is in Arkham City...sorry it's ugly)

Story - Basically they got to go get a clue from crazyville that they can only enter if they leave their most precious memory with some random 4000 year old guy that looks like a kid... >.> I don't have much to say other than I think Lobdell is reveling in his Crazy about right now... This is one of those cases where this is a pretty bad story, but it made me chuckle a few times and works a bit for what it is and that might be a meta-story that is either genius, or just really bad writing that just gets lucky.

Characterization - I could cheat and just say I'm not going to go into this, but if Lobdell is going meta on us then it stands to reason that the crazy is symbolic/representative of something else, or trying to to tell us something. The characters in this book only make sense if we're doing that. Think about it. The first issue we see Kori' and she pretty much strips down immediately, while in the next issue she's dressed as a conservative rich Asian woman. Jason who we know considers Bruce and his memories precious chooses to leave it behind. The names of the enemy is "Untitled." This is either perfect meta characterization or insanity and I can decide which.

Other reviews for Red Hood and the Outlaws #3 - Cherish is the Word I Use--to Destroy You!

A Mixed Bag 0

This issue has a GREAT plot device for exploring the characters' backstory. It is horrible for advancing the current arc. I would have preferred for this issue to take place a little later after this arc is over. Basically, the team goes trekking through an Escher painting while some god-like dude looks at their most cherished memories.I know Lobdell is trying to make Kory out to be proud (as she's from royalty) but her cherished memory makes her look like a HUGE jerkRoy's memory is pretty coolJ...

Cherished Memories 0

The Story: Jason Todd, Starfire and Arsenal embark on an adventure that ends unexpectedly for Jason Todd. My Thoughts:I didn't start reading this series until last month when I picked up the first two issues together. After reading them I instantly became a fan. While it's a little unorthodox, the series is extremely fun to read. I've notice a lot of people who review it aren't enjoying it. There was some controversy relating to Starfire's new costume but that shouldn't turn you off from the sto...