delphic's Red Hood and the Outlaws #2 - Shot Through the Heart, and Who's to Blame? review

Not Sure Where They're Going With This

Out of all the new 52 books Red Hood and the Outlaws had the most controversial start. The first issue contained some offensive content in regards to Starfire that was a bit difficult to comprehend, and it took a couple of interviews from the author Scott Lodbell to set the record straight. The second issue seems to make a start at turning things around for the title. As it was with the last issue Jason Todd’s presence in the book is the strongest. No longer is Jason the whiny brat from the streets of Gotham that comic fans hated, but he is now a strong confident and very resourceful character in his own right. In this issue we see a Jason we’ve never seen before, and he’s a Jason that I can actually see leading a group on missions.

Starfire was the character that had received the most damage last issue, but in this issue we see a more elegant side of her, so it just might actually mean that there may be more to her than what she was first summed up to be. The only thing that continually hurts the title is Roy Harper. There is nothing yet about this new rendition of Roy Harper that is likable, and so far he appears to have no redeeming qualities about him, but Lodbell has promised us there is more to Roy than we are currently seeing. In knowing that I’m willing to give this character more issues to impress me. Red Hood and the Outlaws #2 is another edition of a growing yet controversial book that has a lot of potential thanks to its characters and not necessarily the individual stories of each issue, and in saying that it might be a good idea to wait till the first collected Trade release so you can get a feel for this book if you are not already a fan.

Other reviews for Red Hood and the Outlaws #2 - Shot Through the Heart, and Who's to Blame?

Red Hood Gets Heated 0

Red Hood and the Outlaws #1 can out to some controversy. That aside the series is still coming out. How does issue #2 do?  THE GOOD:  I think the art is okay. It is really sketchy and I think that it has a quite a bit of detail. The story is where I start to stop liking. I really like seeing Jason's roots explained. I think that Scott Lobdell did that well and will give him credit for that. I also like how Starfire is in this ISSUE. I really like the fight action that we have in this issue.  THE...

The 300 pound orange elephant in the room. 0

Is it possible to review this issue without talking about the giant 300 pound elephant in the room? I speak of course of Scott Lobdell's bold (brazen? sexist? miscalculated? brave?) new take on everyone's favorite Teen Titan, Starfire. I'm going to dodge the issue for a moment and try and be fair to this issue. I was not really impressed with the series introduction, but was curious enough about each character's origin that I picked the second issue up out of curiosity.Issue two continues to mak...