LBCC '09: Ray Anthony Height Interview

Posted by No_Name_ (16193 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic Vine catches up with the artist

Ray Anthony Height is the current artist of RPM for APE Entertainment. The great thing about the interview with Ray was how different it was from all the other interviews we conducted at Long Beach Comic Con. At the end of the day, if you are an artist or writer signed to a major company like Marvel or DC then you are luckier than you may think. It is extremely difficult to break into the comic book industry, and possibly even more difficult to stay in. During our conversation, Ray told me a little bit about his experience with Marvel, and I will admit I was really struck by his persistence to stick with his craft. 

Check out the incredible art he has on display on his website! You can also check out his stuff on his Deviant Art page!
#1 Edited by Nahero (9350 posts) - - Show Bio

ironically that guy has my name as his middle name yay for me

#2 Posted by Vortex13 (12138 posts) - - Show Bio

I just checked out his website and page on Deviant Art, and I am baffled as to why marvel would not hire him. His stuff is great! Get rid of Greg Land and give Ray his job.

#3 Posted by waruikumo (364 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed I am liking his stuff, nice and dynamic.  Yeah Def has a very X-men or Ult Spiderman feel to it.

#4 Posted by Stormultt (5470 posts) - - Show Bio

nice interview.
#5 Posted by MysteriousBlack (205 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a pretty cool cat, that Ray Height. I watch him on deviantART, his stuff is fantastic as well.
#6 Posted by Stryke (1166 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like this guy on Top Cow more than Marvel or DC.

H

#7 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

He kept at it! Good for him!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.