Follow

Raven

Character » Raven appears in 1730 issues.

Raven battles the forces of evil alongside her adoptive family, the Teen Titans while trying to control her baser, antagonistic instincts she inherited from her demonic father, Trigon.

When Raven had a child? (He called her mom)

IsabellaRoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Edited By IsabellaRoth

It would be amazing if someone can tell me what the hell is happening here. I mean.. He called her mom? Who is the father.? When did this happen? She is sixteen girl. WTF happen? Someone knows?

Teen Titans #86(2010)
    Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Don't worry. she isn't really it's mother.  The explanation was that:  Some undetermined time ago, Raven was hopping through dimensions searching for Trigon.  Well she came upon one dimension with a world on it that basically looked like the Serenghetti (however it is spelled).  She didn't sense trigon there and promptly left.  However  because of unknown properties of this dimension, residual energies from her soul self created aa atmospheric chaos that fused all the animals of the planet into one entity fueled by empathy energy.

So in short she was the catalyst for the Wyld becoming what it is today, but she didn't birth any of the creatures that were fused and became the Wyld.  There is no "father" and she is no more it's mother than T.C.R.I. is the mother of the Ninja Turtles.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself
    @Beast_in_the_Shadows said:
    " Don't worry. she isn't really it's mother.  The explanation was that:  Some undetermined time ago, Raven was hopping through dimensions searching for Trigon.  Well she came upon one dimension with a world on it that basically looked like the Serenghetti (however it is spelled).  She didn't sense trigon there and promptly left.  However  because of unknown properties of this dimension, residual energies from her soul self created aa atmospheric chaos that fused all the animals of the planet into one entity fueled by empathy energy.  So in short she was the catalyst for the Wyld becoming what it is today, but she didn't birth any of the creatures that were fused and became the Wyld.  There is no "father" and she is no more it's mother than T.C.R.I. is the mother of the Ninja Turtles. "
    that's how the creatures in that dimension were created but they really haven't confirmed that that is where that guy came from
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: That guy is the Wyld.  It is a shapsfiter (a powere granted to it from being compossed of so many animals to begin with)  Throughout the course of Hendersen's run, we have seen it take a number of different form aside from it's six headed demon beast form.  Such forms a cat (when it first broke into the Tower) and a fat nerdy scientist working for the badguy in the Staitic stroy arc before this one (they captured him and were usuing him to bring down the baddie, then he turned into the Wyld and kidnapped Raven)

The "guy" is just another form of the Wyld.  It probably took that form because it is it's goal to consume Raven's souls self and embody her powers for itself.  It was calling her mom to be ironic, I assure you.

But in the end I wouldn't worry as I'm sure all of Hendersen's run will be quickly forgotten and never mentioned in the cannon again.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself
    @Beast_in_the_Shadows said:
    " @danhimself: That guy is the Wyld.  It is a shapsfiter (a powere granted to it from being compossed of so many animals to begin with)  Throughout the course of Hendersen's run, we have seen it take a number of different form aside from it's six headed demon beast form.  Such forms a cat (when it first broke into the Tower) and a fat nerdy scientist working for the badguy in the Staitic stroy arc before this one (they captured him and were usuing him to bring down the baddie, then he turned into the Wyld and kidnapped Raven)  The "guy" is just another form of the Wyld.  It probably took that form because it is it's goal to consume Raven's souls self and embody her powers for itself.  It was calling her mom to be ironic, I assure you.  But in the end I wouldn't worry as I'm sure all of Hendersen's run will be quickly forgotten and never mentioned in the cannon again. "
    you may be right but that still hasn't been confirmed yet....the "guy" has only appeared for that one panel and no explanation has been given...I'm sure we'll find out next issue since it's Henderson's last issue...thank god
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: I guess technically they haven't stated that the guy at the end was the Wyld.  But honestly there is no doubt in my mind about it.  Even for someone as clumsy with plot devices as Hendersen, it would be a very poor move to introduce a brand new character (who needs a good deal of backstory to explain why they even exist) when you have one more issue not only of the story arc, but of your run with the team in your charge.

Trust me, come the last issue we will know it is the Wyld taking ahuman form in preperations to drain the last of Raven's powers.  There is no way this is a new character.
    Lypreila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lypreila

@danhimselfsaid: I'm sure all of Hendersen's run will be quickly forgotten and never mentioned in the cannon again. "]

Yeah, well we can only hope so

@Beast_in_the_Shadows

said:  I'm sure we'll find out next issue since it's Henderson's last issue...thank god   

Have I mentioned I'm throwing a party to celebrate?  

Well, this is what you get when you hire someone who produced Gossip Girl, Moesha, Everybody Hates Chris, etc.  Makes me want to strangle someone at D.C.  And They should transfer Raven to Birds of Prey.  She'd be an awesome addition to that team. 
    Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Outside_85

Well, it is Wyld and Raven is tecnically the mother/creator of it. And just to sum up, Wyld is a shapeshifter, but the cat seems to have just been an ordinary one as it actually coughs up a furball that morphs into Wyld.

sputnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sputnik

ninja turtles like creation? coolness

BlackDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BlackDove

Raven was said to have created the wild when she was at her most aggresive so utimately she created this beast out of her empathic energy.

The Wyld has also proven to be a skilled telepath who defeated Miss Martian in telepathic combat.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By Zoom

Lol Ninja Turtles.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.