Follow

Raven

Character » Raven appears in 1730 issues.

Raven battles the forces of evil alongside her adoptive family, the Teen Titans while trying to control her baser, antagonistic instincts she inherited from her demonic father, Trigon.

What if Raven got a solo series

tsalmavet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do you think Raven will ever get her own title? What story lines do you think they could do (besides Trigon of course)?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It would most likely blow. :/

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Mandarinestro

Dat costume tho

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Needs Gail

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Transformers1024

I would really hope Ray Fawkes writes since he is killing it on Constantine and Gotham by Midnight.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Outside_85

I think that one day DC will give it a shot, when they grow out of the idea she cant appear anywhere without the TT banner over her... if they can give Vibe a solo, they can give anyone a solo.

In regards to stories, there are a few that might be worth pursuing:

• Brothers Evil; So Raven now has Belial as an older brother (along with two idiots), as she is a sworn enemy of Trigon and Belial is not, there is a recurring chance for stories revolving around her getting in his way maybe him trying to sway her to their side or kill her. (Use the Demattis version that appeared in Phantom Stranger)
    • Phantom Stranger; Considering she is who she is now because of the Stranger turning on her, you have a story right there with her seeking him out for an explanation/confrontation, which should be interesting considering how the Stranger has changed since then.
    • Vengeful Assassins; With Trigon's rampage, he will have made countless enemies along the way, some will still be around and not terribly interested in Raven's stand against him, she's his daughter, therefore she has to die.
    • Supplicants; Mad cult likes Trigon, mad cult would very much like Raven to be a part of them. Or turn it around, mad cult wants Raven to protect them from Trigon.
    • Queen of the Underworld; Politics of Hell, our favourite kind (imagine something like Neron's court from Reign in Hell).
    • Azerath; considering we know nothing about the New 52 version, all kinds of things could come from there
    • Hidden siblings: Aside the three we know, we could go a NTT: Games route and discover other of Trigons kids that were less successful than the 4 we know.
    • Meeting and greeting; search for plot mcguffin leads to meetings with other heroes/villains of the DCU
    • The everyday situations that may not require Raven to call on her friends to handle.
    @transformers1024 said:

I would really hope Ray Fawkes writes since he is killing it on Constantine and Gotham by Midnight.

This.

It would upset the crowd that expected a teen soap-opera, but quite frankly... why want that when you can have something unique and more mature? (Just get someone like Templesmith to do the art along).

tsalmavet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tsalmavet

I always liked brother blood. There are a lot of stories you could tell with him as a character. I hope he becomes ravens villain again in the new 52.

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always liked brother blood. There are a lot of stories you could tell with him as a character. I hope he becomes ravens villain again in the new 52.

I agree.

She deserves a solo

TamarStevens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To me the ideal solo Raven series would be half the classical hero/villain plotline with Trigon a seldom-seen presence as far as actually being fought but also an ever-hanging element. My take on Raven admittedly owes more to Lovecraft and Machen than to the Wolfman-Perez take or the 2003 cartoon but.....I'd have the series actually bluntly explore what it is to be half-human. The kind of Uncanny Valley issues and the like that set things up. I would use the Sons of Trigon more than Trigon himself and have that as a recurring element and even then not directly use Belial, Ruskoff, and Suge more often than their henchmen or overarching plots.

I would also do a Bizarro issue in a Halloween case where Trigon tries to trap Raven in a hallucination Great God Pan style as an outright reference to the series. I actually like Raven's Rebirth look but for this one she'd revert to the classical tall and elegant Wolfman-Perez form because that one matches the physical appearance of Helen Vaughan, and the seemingly classical asexual Lovecraft/Machen narrator proves to be Trigon in disguise all along and Raven knew it and simply forces him to break the illusion at the equivalent of Vaughan's death-scene.

I would write it as a predominantly horror series, with Raven's human family as present as the Trigon half, because having Arella around as much or more than Trigon and Aunt Alice and Raven's cousins is a balance that's been missing since the NTT era. If people want *less* Trigon, the human half needs to be there, too. I'd have it that Raven's family knows she's the superhero and she's got her oldest cousin wanting to be one too to add a bit of gallows humor ala Kick-Ass combined with a B-plot contrasting her heroic, compassionate human family with the power-addicted scheming backbiting of the Trigon element.

I would also have a heavily ironic Raven/Zatanna meeting where it turns out that one or both actually *do* remember more of the pre-Flashpoint era all the way back to the pre-Crisis era and that's full of allusions to Zatanna's original unpleasant interaction with Raven.....and the two actually having a pretty mundane flashback-ridden chat in a coffee house catching up as neither friends nor enemies, just colleagues with similar kinds of powers and power levels. Zatanna openly admitting at one point it's nice to have another equally powerful woman who isn't either blind, batshit crazy, or a 'perky goth with an ankh who's insufferably cheerful.' :P I mean if they brought Dream of the Endless back......

I would also do one flashback with Death of the Endless getting an appearance as a kind of antithesis of her visiting Urania in that one issue with Raven actually literally contemplating suicide back in the New 52 bit over the fear her father changed her too much. Death shows up because she's got another job and the two chat and Raven reveals she changed her mind and realized she has friends and Death appreciating getting to chat with someone without actually having to work. Also giving a cryptic hint that Raven is at least partially immortal with a 'be seeing you again, but not for a long while, though.'

I would also as one of the hero/villain aspects resurrect the old Shadowpact/Sentinels of Magic group when the three Sons of Trigon make a rare joint appearance and Raven ends up having to lead Zatanna, Madame Xanadu, and John Constantine against all of them when her brothers' presence risks unleashing the wrath of the Spectre on all of Trigon's children. That would be a four-issue arc because the idea of Raven having to lead John Constantine and the Constantine-Zatara playoff would be too hilarious to miss.

brickwall32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tamarstevens: go write a fanfiction right now and send me the the link because I love to read this.

Avatar image for deactivated-6063b97152c69
    deactivated-6063b97152c69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Yassassin

It's probably sell under 15k. Team characters are team characters for a reason.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

@tamarstevens: That sounds awesome, I too really want Raven to be a horror book.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.