Raven pre dcnu

#1 Posted by herrweis (437 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone tell me what was the point of reducing Ravens age so she went from an adult to a child(and going through high school after she had been to college)?It bugged me to no end.

#2 Posted by Outside_85 (9939 posts) - - Show Bio

Storywise I suppose it was probably so she wouldn't appear drastically older and larger than Sebastian Blood...but personally I think Geoff Johns thought it an ace move so he could pair her up with Beastboy and ape the cartoon that started up around the same time.

#3 Posted by theOVOXO (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Raven succumbed to her demon side and became Dark Raven. During this stage she wrecked Starfire and Nightwings wedding and she implanted her good soul in Starfire. Later the Titans had no other choice but to destroy her body and her soul was set free to wander the world.

Thats when Brother Blood trapped her soul inside a new body, a 16 year old body.

#4 Posted by DarkShadows (742 posts) - - Show Bio

Raven became a sixteen-year old again because the new Brother Blood wanted to marry her for some prophecy he heard. To me, I think this is an excuse for Geoff John to pair her up with Beast Boy which I think it's a terrible idea, it's even worst when I figured it out why he did such a thing!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.