Follow

Raven

Character » Raven appears in 1730 issues.

Raven battles the forces of evil alongside her adoptive family, the Teen Titans while trying to control her baser, antagonistic instincts she inherited from her demonic father, Trigon.

Raven as a member of X-Men

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Outside_85

Just a little round of wishful thinking (perhaps), but imagine John-era Raven getting stuck on Marvel's Earth around the time the New X-Men (2004) started up (Post M-Day). Who would she room with if enrolled? Who would she form friendships with? And who out of the older X-Men could teach her a thing or two?

Ok here's my suggestion;

X-23 and Dust will room with her, eventually becoming good friends.

Psylocke can compete with her weird story and might be able to teach her some new tricks.

Blues32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Blues32

X-23 and her wouldn't get along. X-23 is still a killer. She has little to no regret for what she's done in the past. Raven would find her presence unnerving. Dust on the other hand would be perfect. Raven also had a religious background, being raised by monks and all. She knows a life of restriction. They'd understand each other well.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Hazlenaut

Why not Chun Li already honorary member. They are very inviting to anyone like member Hellfire club, brotherhood, sentinels, aliens that have attacked them,

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Outside_85

@Blues32:Doesn't seem to bother Raven when Ravager is around? And...well, does Laura even understand what regret means (at this point in time)? Actually I was figuring people would argue more against Dust and Raven, since Sooryana is a practicing Muslim and Raven's a half demon.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hazlenaut

@Outside_85: they have robots that were design to kill them guarding their place I think they can compromise

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Outside_85

@Hazlenaut:Well, they actually didn't want the Sentinels (Logan compared them to burning cross' to Cage at one point), the Government had them placed there.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hazlenaut

@Outside_85: yes, but in the possible future they will keep in touch cyborg sentinels for their well being. That was when they call themselves the X-People. I am not sure if all the cyborg sentinels are aware they are sentinels.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Outside_85

@Hazlenaut: Is this the House of M Sentinels you are talking about or the Age of X, sry but they dont appear to be the ones from the main 616 universe?

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hazlenaut

@Outside_85: It was in Wild-Thing it was alternate reality future of spider-girl's. It was one of the few good futures we see in Marvel.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Outside_85

@Hazlenaut: Well...alternate universes wasn't really what I was aiming for, it was Raven in Marvel 616.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Roddy010

I would room her with Karma and Pixie. I would love to see the interaction between Raven and Magik.

Cobalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cobalion

Illyana could Raven a few things about keeping hell-related instincs at bay, they would be possibly the best of friends, because they will understand each other.

Raven might get annoyed with Pixie, at first. THey will probably warm up to each other at first>

Karma I dont know the character well enough to judge, tbh

As for Dust and X-23.

X-23 No, Laura is a killer, they would put Raven off her definitely.

Dust yes to an extent, Sooraya will be put of by Raven's demonic geneology (who said she needs to know), but they will relate to each other due to them both having religious upbringings

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Outside_85

@cobalion said:

Illyana could Raven a few things about keeping hell-related instincs at bay, they would be possibly the best of friends, because they will understand each other.

Raven might get annoyed with Pixie, at first. THey will probably warm up to each other at first>

Karma I dont know the character well enough to judge, tbh

As for Dust and X-23.

X-23 No, Laura is a killer, they would put Raven off her definitely.

Dust yes to an extent, Sooraya will be put of by Raven's demonic geneology (who said she needs to know), but they will relate to each other due to them both having religious upbringings

Hmm, not so sure that about Magik is true, not the modern version at least that seems to have been loosing it for a number of years now. Personally I think they would clash since Illyana seems to have embraced her inner demon, while Raven has traditionally fought tooth and nail to beat hers down. But with what Lobdell has hinted at... Raven appears to end up being much more like Illyana now.

Still don't really see why X-23 should be particularly off-putting for Raven, she's been around Rose Wilson and Damian without getting the willies from them. What might put her off is perhaps Laura's messed up emotional state. But, that said, I think Raven can connect with Laura on the grounds that neither of them were allowed normal childhoods or even feelings, only that Laura had it that much worse than Raven.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobalion said:
    @blues32 said:

X-23 and her wouldn't get along. X-23 is still a killer. She has little to no regret for what she's done in the past.

Read her latest ongoing, "Touching darkness"story arc it touches base on how she feels about her past, and how much she wants to out it behind her and move on from it.

Well thats kinda my point, Rose Wilson hasn't ever shown regret that she killed people, while under the influence of her fathers drugs she even seemed to be enjoying working with him (under Johns during the initial arcs). And even in the McKeever Fresh Hell story, she wasnt overly bothered by killing if she got an excuse, as seen when she put down the main guy by drowning him.

Damian on the other hand was raised to be a killer and has never (to my knowledge) truly regretted killing a bad guy before the New 52 struck... where it became a problem with Nobody.

Laura, like Damian, was raised to be a killer, but she wasnt raised to be anything else. The Facility even made sure to make her as unfeeling as possible and early on in her comic appearances (the NYX series for instance), she was cutting herself because she didn't understand what she was feeling. (In the OP I mentioned how I imagined this taking off only days after House of M)

So what is truly worse for Raven to be around?

-A killer that doesn't understand remorse or regret?

-Or a killer that doesn't regret?

Cobalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cobalion

To be honest, I haven't read enough issues that have Ravager in them, hence my limited knowlege.

I looked up, found that she is Deathstrokes child, and had some power-up juice similar to his, and the fact that she is a killer, seems to enjoy it like Psylocke does.

Damian wasnt for love, only for Talias selfish evil plan to get to in the way of Batman, she didn't tell Bruce for a decade and Talia abandoned him with the league of assasins, its called that for a reason.

As for the questions you asked.

I think both can be equally as bad as each other in ways.

If anything it would be wise, for her to maybe avoid boths those kinds of mutants and then pick who she likes more Sooraya or Laura.

Days after M-day, no one liked Laura or even spoke to her except Wolvie.

I dare say, the same thing would happen to Raven, that cloak she wears (or used) might freak a few of the other kids out, added to the fact that Raven would also be confused, trying to figure out what the hell is going on and where she actually is because she is in a very unfamiliar place and she wouldn't know anyone.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Outside_85

@cobalion: Just a note on M-Day, perhaps no one speaking to Laura wasn't so odd. Most of the institute had been depowered, Laura gets pulled in by Logan for her own safety (after she, as I understand it, had left the institute some time after Cap had given her a one way ticket to it and returned to San Fran) and on top of this Emma considered her a threat first and foremost.

As for Raven, well she isn't really a people person to begin with so not talking to everyone for the get go might be fine with her until she gets her bearings. As for the cloak, hmm, I wouldn't say it's going to freak the others out any more than the mutations (like say Rockslide or Anole) or manner of dress of some of the other students (Dust) and teachers (Frost...but thats a different kind of freaking out).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.