Follow

Raven

Character » Raven appears in 1730 issues.

Raven battles the forces of evil alongside her adoptive family, the Teen Titans while trying to control her baser, antagonistic instincts she inherited from her demonic father, Trigon.

Lobdell's idea

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Outside_85

So according to a panel done at Las Vegas Comic Expo as reported by CBR:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=41279

Lobdell has an idea for Raven that will manifest in a second Teen Titan spin-off book, which is supposedly will have her lead a team...possibly with Blue Beetle on the team. (Assuming plans proceed on track and the book actually comes out around the 25th issue of TT)

As I guess most people here know, leading isn't exactly something Raven is well-known for...come to think of it the only time I believe she's actually been thought of as a leader was during OYL where she and Beastboy led the Titans with quite frankly poor results, on the other hand she was the one who lured in Dick Grayson to lead NTT originally.

But anyways; what do you think about this idea of Raven leading?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ReVamp

Seems cool.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Does this mean Lobdell will leave Tim alone now?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Outside_85

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Does this mean Lobdell will leave Tim alone now?

Probably not, he can after all only be the one with the idea before its handed over to someone else the same way Ravagers appeared to be.

DarkShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By DarkShadows

I don't know.

I can't really say anything negative about the spin-off right now, but I still think that Lobdell isn't right for Raven; it terrifies me because what if he gives the same treatment to Raven like what he did to Tim? But it did kind of got me interested because Raven is leading the team.

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

It didn't really say Raven would be leading a team, it just said "Raven's team" that could mean that it is a team the she brings together. It might be their way of restarting the New Teen Titans. Having her show up and call together another group of young heroes to fight with her.

Anyway, any evidence that she will show up somewhere outside of Lobdell's train wreck of a book called Teen Titans is good news for me. Tho, seeing how not one of my favorite characters survived the reboot while still resembling anything they used to be, I don't entertain much hope of Raven being much like the character I used to love so much.

Avatar image for justforthecomments
    justforthecomments

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Beast_in_the_Shadows:  No, the article said that Lodbell revealed plans for a "Teen Titans" spinoff series following Issue 25, "with a new team to be led by Raven."  Which makes me happy because she's going to be important, but i also agree with you. I don't want Lobdell to ruin her.  xP  Hopefully he won't.
    Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justforthecomments: Thanks, I missed that part. After re-reading it I notice another big chunk that I hadn't seen before. Lobdell remarks that the possible spinoff would happen after issue #25 of Teen Titans.

That's over a year off. I certainly hope they don't plan on keeping her in limbo that long. Not to mention how uncertain the fate of any book or character is in the new management of the New 52. I would say pinning any hope on a plan a year off is sketchy at best.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Outside_85

@Beast_in_the_Shadows: @justforthecomments: So far we will have to wait and see what kind of wrecking ball Didio decides to use on her and Trigon this Wednesday. Granted the Spectre was bad, but seeing as the book had to establish the Stranger first then his mission I suppose it would have happened to just about anyone. (That said, it could have been handled better by PS just leading Corrigan to the warehouse he was supposed to go to, he didn't need to actually lead him inside.)

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Funrush

I'll post what I put in the other thread for her return.

God, I hope the Titans are coming back.

Team could be Raven, Nightwing, Starfire, Arsenal, Tempest (good excuse to bring him back), Jericho, Beast Boy (Don't know what he's doing in N52 currently, but he could be there).

Hell, it'd be a good time to reunite Dick and Starfire.

Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

Another Teen Titans spin-off....sounds good. I had no idea RAVEN would play a role, but I was right about the return of Jaime Reyes/BLUE BEETLE....now if we can get Kaldur/AQUALAD, STATIC, and/or Supergirl...

Avatar image for garrettsgonewild
    garrettsgonewild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By garrettsgonewild

I really hope like a new Teen titans team, a Titans or a Teen Titans dark! Something different but teen titans. I would love an aqualad preferably Garth but wouldn't mind Kaldur but Donna, wally, jericho, kid devil, miss martian or even argent would awesome!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Outside_85

@garrettsgonewild said:

I really hope like a new Teen titans team, a Titans or a Teen Titans dark! Something different but teen titans. I would love an aqualad preferably Garth but wouldn't mind Kaldur but Donna, wally, jericho, kid devil, miss martian or even argent would awesome!

Not sure you'd like Jericho...he's been Liefeldiefied over in Deathstroke (another son with a grudge too...)

Saucedo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Saucedo17

@Funrush: Starfire and Arsenal are in Red Hood and the Outlaws withe Jason Todd, Beast Boy is also in another team comic called Ravagers with Terra and Nightwing is in his own comic

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Funrush

@Saucedo17 said:

@Funrush: Starfire and Arsenal are in Red Hood and the Outlaws withe Jason Todd, Beast Boy is also in another team comic called Ravagers with Terra and Nightwing is in his own comic

Out of all of them, the only one who I can imagine not being able to be there is Beast Boy.

MisterKetch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MisterKetch

@Funrush said:

@Saucedo17 said:

Out of all of them, the only one who I can imagine not being able to be there is Beast Boy.

Given Starfire's new personality I just don't see her joining an official team like this, in RHATO there adventures have been more spontaneous, sure there doing good but its all been personal issues so far no real mission statement for there work. Not to mention she's portrayed as someone in her mid 20's I'd say and is a bit to emotionally distant to put up with anyone of the Titans temperament.

The solicit for the Titans Death of the Family Crossover and RHATO does have the two groups coming into contact, Titans summary also says "Roy Harper new leader of the Titans?". I could see him joining to help out he seems like a sweet guy like that, but same with Kori he's a bit more mature having dealt with his addiction issues, I just don't see him joining a team of teen metas. Not to mention I think him and Kori are super cute together id be sad if they broke up and conversely I don't think his character is flexible enough for two comics. RHATO is doing well and given its small team size and success based on the interaction of Jason Roy and Kori I can't see either of them leaving.

It would give a reason for Nightwing to rise beyond street level hero which I would be happy to see but I really don't think Lobdell is going to write both him and Tim or even want Dick around because of the work he's doing with Tim's character.

Beast Boy on the other hand would make sense, given his new connection to the Red he's a bit more mystical in nature then he was previous, he would certainly fit if this is a more occult based team. Not to mention I haven't been digging Ravagers and would be happy to see him elsewhere.

I'm not to sure about the JLI's status post there Annual so I don't know what DC wants to do with Blue Beetle, I haven't been a big fan so far but I don't hate him, with the right writer it might work.

redhoodnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By redhoodnet

I could dig it if it like Justice League and Justice League Dark....

We could have TT and TT Dark... or something like that... that would be kinda cool.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

So according to a panel done at Las Vegas Comic Expo as reported by CBR:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=41279

Lobdell has an idea for Raven that will manifest in a second Teen Titan spin-off book, which is supposedly will have her lead a team...possibly with Blue Beetle on the team. (Assuming plans proceed on track and the book actually comes out around the 25th issue of TT)

As I guess most people here know, leading isn't exactly something Raven is well-known for...come to think of it the only time I believe she's actually been thought of as a leader was during OYL where she and Beastboy led the Titans with quite frankly poor results, on the other hand she was the one who lured in Dick Grayson to lead NTT originally.

But anyways; what do you think about this idea of Raven leading?

It's funny that he never went through with it.

It's like he we can't trust anything he says.....it's either a red herring or he just can't fulfill this promise or he eventually will fulfill it but we aren't led on to believe so....

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Am I the only one on the site that actually likes Lobdell? Yea what he did with Tim was a bit...off... But he made Superboy interesting again. Showed us a completely new take on the Teen Titans,. Made Roy Harper a character I actually like. Wrote Jason Todd extremely well, even redeeming him back into the BatFamily (damn you Tynion for ruining that!!). Proved Superman can be a fun title to read instead of a dreadful chore. Then to top it off he has some of the best artists (at least in my opinion) in DC. (Tyler Kirkham, Kenneth Roccafort and Brett Booth).

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Outside_85

@transformers1024: You're one of the few to admit it :) Plus, we comicbook fans are notoriously conservative, so most of us (by the looks of it) don't like what he's done with the Titans.

@cameron83 said:

It's like he we can't trust anything he says.....it's either a red herring or he just can't fulfill this promise or he eventually will fulfill it but we aren't led on to believe so....

To be fair to him (for once :) his idea was vented nearly a year ago and with a timeline that couldn't avoid getting set back. Plus we still haven't seen whats on the horizon after this stupid time travel story.

I am hanging onto the hope that DC's April solicitation will contain this idea of his (under another writer hopefully) since FE will be over and DC's stack of books needs to be reinvigorated and returned to that magical number: 52.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cameron83

@outside_85 said:

@transformers1024: You're one of the few to admit it :) Plus, we comicbook fans are notoriously conservative, so most of us (by the looks of it) don't like what he's done with the Titans.

@cameron83 said:

To be fair to him (for once :) his idea was vented nearly a year ago and with a timeline that couldn't avoid getting set back. Plus we still haven't seen whats on the horizon after this stupid time travel story.

I am hanging onto the hope that DC's April solicitation will contain this idea of his (under another writer hopefully) since FE will be over and DC's stack of books needs to be reinvigorated and returned to that magical number: 52.

Hm,true.

Very true,especially with the "after time travel" point.

And I REALLY hope something akin to the second paragraph happens...is it possible to happen though? I mean,I know that they said that they were going to "phase 2" (since Phase 1 is done),so are they going to switch writers and creative teams?

What are the chances that they'll take Lobdell off? I mean,he does seem like he still has plans that span years....

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Chance is there that Lobdell and Nocenti are still writing their books now because they are going to be moved when that 'Phase 2' begins. I dont think DC is deaf when it comes to how people on the internet has been complaining over Teen Titans and it doesn't seem like Lobdell is really going anywhere, unlike Azzarello with WW. I think Lobdell has ideas that could last years, but I dont think he has any definite plans, and plans are what I think DC is more interested in. (Or thats what I hope they are)

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Chance is there that Lobdell and Nocenti are still writing their books now because they are going to be moved when that 'Phase 2' begins. I dont think DC is deaf when it comes to how people on the internet has been complaining over Teen Titans and it doesn't seem like Lobdell is really going anywhere, unlike Azzarello with WW. I think Lobdell has ideas that could last years, but I dont think he has any definite plans, and plans are what I think DC is more interested in. (Or thats what I hope they are)

Well I hope so....because Teen Titans is like one of the lowest books from DC at the moment.

Seriously,the Teen freaking Titans! There was once a time that they saved DC financially,and now they're just...they consistently ranked in the 60s. They usually only sell in the 30,000's (and they're sorta declining). The only time things have a sharp increase is when it's a crossover. I really hope that DC isn't as stupid as they come off at times.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cameron83

@outside_85 said:

Damn. Never mind on that idea.

http://www.newsarama.com/18795-lobdell-talks-teen-titans-crime-syndicate-origin-of-kid-flash.html

Seems that Lobdell is going to stay on for at least 50 issues. We're only at like,what,26? I hate my life.....

What are the chances that he'll improve? Maybe he can have an actual compelling story after this whole Trial of Kid Flash thing.....

I mean,he can re-introduce a lot of characters/teams/concepts from the old universe and finish some subplots. More importantly,he can also have the characters progress more and more and build bonds. That would be better.....

In fact,I think that those are the main issues with Lobdell's Titans. That they don't act like Titans,they don't act like a family. They act like immature brats that hate each other. And I believe (based on interviews and such) that he KNOWS how distant they are in their relationship,but he says that they'll eventually build bonds and have the characters and their relationships mature (as well as finish subplots and bring back characters from earlier issues and even older concepts),and I think that a lot more people will be more satisfied with that. From what other people tell me,the characters DO seem to be progressing and maturing,so that's good.

I mean,he states in multiple interviews that he'll progress the characters and that he will finish subplots (so I guess all of the hints and stuff that he gives actually are meaningful),so I have that to hope for. I think that,with that in mind,I might actually be able to enjoy these characters and stories better.....

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Sadly the sales figures are not going to be a reason for DC, selling to make the 60'ties is 30 places better than it was right before the reboot. TT is selling the same amount of physical units as Wonder Woman, and no one seems to be able to push Azzarello around either (not that I want them to) and everyone's sales are declining, that's just the way it is.

Didio was at one point (in an interview or a panel somewhere) what decided a change in a books creative team or it's cancellation. And his reply was that sales were only a small part of it, he claimed it was more about if he and DC could see something positive in what was going on and that there was something to move towards with. (Though I have to say I dont entirely believe him about the sales bit.)

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cameron83

@cameron83: Sadly the sales figures are not going to be a reason for DC, selling to make the 60'ties is 30 places better than it was right before the reboot. TT is selling the same amount of physical units as Wonder Woman, and no one seems to be able to push Azzarello around either (not that I want them to) and everyone's sales are declining, that's just the way it is.

Didio was at one point (in an interview or a panel somewhere) what decided a change in a books creative team or it's cancellation. And his reply was that sales were only a small part of it, he claimed it was more about if he and DC could see something positive in what was going on and that there was something to move towards with. (Though I have to say I dont entirely believe him about the sales bit.)

I am not completely sure I fully believe Didio,either.

Hm,so there goes my hopes of Lobdell leaving. Not only is he staying on for 50 issues (at the least...so what's that? 2 more years...fick that shyt),but it seems that the sales aren't going to be a huge factor in him just getting off of the book or something......

sigh...The Titans and DC are what got me into comics....weird that they're going to get me out of it....Guess I'll move to Giantbomb or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.