Follow

Raven

Character » Raven appears in 1730 issues.

Raven battles the forces of evil alongside her adoptive family, the Teen Titans while trying to control her baser, antagonistic instincts she inherited from her demonic father, Trigon.

Less power?

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 65

#1  Edited By AssertingValor

Does raven have the potential to be as powerful as trigon or beyond, or is she restricted because her mother was mortal?

TrigonSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TrigonSim

She's restricted because if she fully uses her powers she'll give way to her Evil Self and hurt her friends.

Avatar image for princekelly2010
    PrinceKelly2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PrinceKelly2010

Yeah I agree she probably has the potential to become more powerful than Trigon but she would become as evil or more evil than he is!

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By Zoom

I have doubt Raven could ever be as powerful as Trigon.

TrigonSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TrigonSim

I agree and disagree with both of you. Raven(it seems) has a split personality disorder it seems, lol. Her good self, and her evil self. Since Trigon is an entity created from evil, and is fueled by evil, I doubt Raven could ever be more powerful. But if she tapped into her full power, she could probably be on par with Trigon, exactly. She MIGHT even be more powerful as women are viewed as evil and sinners way back when when Trigon was created. Even when she does go "Dark Diva in thigh-highs"(as she puts it), she still doesn't tap into her full power. Her power is shown to be more powerful then all of her brothers together. She just doesn't want to risk her friends- or the earth.

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By MrMiracle77

As long as Raven's soul inhabits a body, she runs the risk of turning evil.  The only way for her to realize her full power and free herself from her father's evil is to separate her soul-self from her body.

There was a scene from "Our Worlds at War" in which Raven's soul-self gave Darkseid considerable pause.  He truly did not know what to make of her.

Avatar image for silver_knight75
    Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Silver Knight75

the animated series and comics have me confused. does she have that shadow power in the comics?

zj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zj
    @Silver Knight75: Yes - sort of.  In the comic the price of using it is much higher. And the cartoon shows the G-rated version.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By AngelFrost

Sooo, about Ravens powers.
    What can she actually do?

So, she has Empathy and Astral Projection & flight of course.
    does she have any physical powers? 

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrMiracle77
    @AngelFrost:  

Healing 
    Limited Precognition 
    Teleportation 
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AngelFrost
    @MrMiracle77:  So no physical powers then? Well I read somewhere she has energy blasts?

I wish she'd have Telekinesis like she did in the animated series. :/
    MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrMiracle77
    @AngelFrost:  

At times I think her various writers have been intentionally nebulous about her powers.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AngelFrost
    @MrMiracle77:  Probably. :/  I just think Raven has more potential with her powers & should use it.
    rein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rein

I think Raven Should be given all the powers she had in the TT animated series.

zj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zj
    @rein: 

She has them. But like I said earlier, the price of using them is much higher than portayed in the cartoon.  

Already mentioned: Flight, Empathy, Astral Projection, Healing, Teleportation, limited Precognition. These are the abilities she displays most frequently. In the comics she has demonstrated Telekinesis (using her soulself), Mental Illusions, manipulating other people's emotions, and warping reality itself.  This is bad because it usually indicates that she is falling under the influence of her father.
    Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#16  Edited By Outside_85

Potentially yes, i think she could become as powerful as Trigon and rid herself of his influence. Problem is that she would have to supplant him, if she could remain herself while holding that station however is another discussion. On another note, I think Raven is really alot more powerful than what is usually depicted in the comics, if she could somehow get past the point of turning evil when tapping into her powers i think she could be something most people would pause before engaging.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Roddy010
    @Outside_85: I know even normal raven is one of the most powerful characters in DC...Her soul self is a gateway to heaven,purgatory and the layers of hell...
    Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#18  Edited By Outside_85
    @Roddy010 said:  I know even normal raven is one of the most powerful characters in DC...Her soul self is a gateway to heaven,purgatory and the layers of hell... "

Problem is that she can't use that ability for much other than travel, it's would have to be extreme if she chose to dump an adversary in Hell or any dimension she can reach. Just a side note, she needs heavenly assistance to reach Heavens gates.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.