DC's big plans for Raven?

#1 Posted by Outside_85 (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

In the recent CV interview with Scott Lobdell accompanying the 'leaked' images from Teen Titans #7, Lobdell implied that Raven might not be appearing in Teen Titans and that DC had other things in mind for her; http://www.comicvine.com/teen-titans/65-19081/exclusive-images-from-teen-titans-7-reveal-future-plans/92-655925/#68

CV: And Raven? A few months ago you mentioned she'd be in the books right about now. Can we assume the crossover has delayed her arrival?

SL: Something delayed her, but it wasn't the crossover! It turns out DC has much bigger plans in store for the character and when you hear what they are you'll understand why she's too big for our little book!

As some forum goes have speculated, Raven's may be the missing Daughter of Darkseid he came to Earth for in Justice League. Personally I doubt this, since I don't really see any point behind DC swapping one inter-dimensional monster of a father for another.

But what do you guys and gals think these 'too big for TT' plans are?

#2 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12280 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably going to join JLD or be in some sort of cross-over event that will give her her own on-going or join another book (like JLD)

#3 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85: Lemire plans on shaking up the JLD team when he takes over the comic. Two members are leaving and three are coming onboard. He also suggested a rotating cast involving some of the other "Dark" characters. She could easily end up there.

#4 Posted by Outside_85 (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth: I thought he was only bringing in two, a man and a woman (Black Orchid), one of them being a magic user the other not so much...can I ask when it became 3?

#5 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Pandora is Darksieds daughter.

#6 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Probably going to join JLD or be in some sort of cross-over event that will give her her own on-going or join another book (like JLD)

Eh, it's possible...

#7 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85: CBR article here

#8 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12280 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious: To which part? haha

#9 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: To her joining the JLD...

#10 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperShafe:

She's not Jim Lee squashed that rumour a while ago.

#11 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12280 posts) - - Show Bio

@Afro_Warrior said:

@SuperShafe:

Where and how did a rumor like that even start?

#12 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12280 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious: I dont know, that seems pretty probable...where else would she end up?

#13 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@Afro_Warrior said:

@SuperShafe:

Just because the JL comic revealed that Darkseid was looking for his daughter on Earth and the back of that book had a mini starring Pandora in it.

#14 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonkeyToe said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@Afro_Warrior said:

@SuperShafe:

Just because the JL comic revealed that Darkseid was looking for his daughter on Earth and the back of that book had a mini starring Pandora in it.

Yep. Comic fans are more then willing to make massive leaps in thinking based on two unrelated events happening in the same book. If Super-girl had been in the back-up somebody probably would have claimed she was Darkseid's daughter too.

#15 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

OH MY GAWD HAVE YOU PEOPLE HEARD! SUPERGIRL IS DARKSEID'S DAUGHTER!

:p

#16 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonkeyToe:

lol

I read it on the internet, so it MUST BE TRUE!!

#17 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

lol. And even if I am proven wrong, Supergirl will always be Darkseid's daughter in my mind. Witness the powah of teh internetz!

#18 Posted by DEGRAAF (7909 posts) - - Show Bio

From the preview of future Justice League Dark Covers looks like Raven is playing a role in it. I expected her to be in JLD as soon as i heard they were going to have a JLD. They have already stated that Zatanna will be joing the JL so maybe Raven will be taking over her spot in the JLD.

#19 Posted by Outside_85 (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Not according to Lemire, Zatanna is one of the core characters of his JLD.

#20 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't the roles of Trigon and Raven switch!!?? Why can't she be the overbearing all-powerful giant mother while he is a Gothic teen who wears black and red with no emotions!? Don't know who would read that but hey since DC flipped the entire universe why not?

#21 Posted by DarkShadows (742 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe this big plans for Raven is another Trigon story, but I doubt that.

I am hoping that she is going to be a member of JLD.

#22 Posted by DEGRAAF (7909 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85: if you read the end of Justice League 6 they talk about how Zatanna has joined the JL. That might just mean that all league characters from the 3 teams are considered members of the justice league and then Justice league just has smaller groups within the team (similar to Avengers at times)

#23 Posted by Outside_85 (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Well that may be, Lemire intends to tell us why its called the Justice League Dark. But Zatanna's membership can have been voided since then, since that scene is still in the 5 years ago section and Zatanna was apparently unfit for duty according to Bruce in JLD #1

#24 Posted by DEGRAAF (7909 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85: No i believe it was in the back story set in present day when they stated she had joined the team

#25 Posted by Saren (26027 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperShafe said:

I think Pandora is Darksieds daughter.

I highly doubt that. If she's in the same cosmic tier as Spectre and Phantom Stranger, odds are she's a lot older than Darkseid.

#26 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

She'll be Guy Gardners main squeeze...

Didn't see that one coming did you.

#27 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34381 posts) - - Show Bio
@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

#28 Posted by Outside_85 (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: I don't, since that little scene is basically the introduction of the concept of supervillains...so what was the League fighting for five years if they didn't have those? (Not to mention the appearance of the League was the blast off for other superheroes emerging.)

#29 Posted by HubrisRanger (146 posts) - - Show Bio

My understanding RE: Zatanna was that she was a member of the Justice League in JLD #1, before getting pulled into the Enchantress mess by Xanadu; I would assume her League status still stands. In fact, really, her appearance in JLD seema to be the only tie to the League proper (though I think I've seen Deadman in some JL promo art).

Back to the proper subject, I think Raven as a member of JLD would be great, especially under Lemire, but I have always gotten the impression that DC has very big plans for her, so we'll see where and when those crop up.

#30 Posted by RedR0bin (73 posts) - - Show Bio

She's pandora!

#31 Posted by DarkShadows (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedR0bin: Not to sound rude but Raven isn't Pandora. In fact, my first impression on Pandora was that it's Raven, too bad I got my prediction wrong.

#32 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

#33 Posted by justforthecomments (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I really really hope she doesn't get stuck in the Teen Titans again.

#34 Posted by wtk1013 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Arella isn't Ravens real mother and Pandora is!

#35 Posted by King_Namor (649 posts) - - Show Bio

@wtk1013: I know your post is 13 days old, but what you're saying could very well be true. However the cover art of Teen Titans #25 leads me to believe that Raven may actually be one of the leaders of the new Forever Evil world.

#36 Posted by Outside_85 (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

@wtk1013: @king_namor: I have to say I consider it unlikely that they would change who is Ravens mother, like the suspicion from the old DC board about the change in father, I just don't see what the point would be, not at this stage at least. Like, she is already the daughter of one of the most powerful and evil characters of DC, so there shouldn't be the power thats the reason. I could see the reason if Raven was meant to be the doorway to somewhere else, like Heaven or something. (Which I am proposing her mother might have been an angel).

#37 Posted by King_Namor (649 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: That would be pretty neat, she would be like Dante from Devil May Cry. I just wanna see more Raven!!!

#38 Posted by jacobsben (108 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more worried about her staying on the right side

#39 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just pissed they changed her look so much.

#40 Posted by DarkShadows (742 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the Forever Evil event is going to lead up to Raven's supposedly team book or something? I haven't heard any news about that lately and I'm just wondering.

#41 Edited by Outside_85 (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing here either, but in the interview with Lobdell we are still stuck with him for (sigh) 5 months more at least before the time travel story ends. I assume (judging the book by it's coming cover) that Raven is the one that doesn't make it back to the present (not that she's been lost, but because she abandoned the others).

#42 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1615 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like DC's big plans for Raven were her chest.

#43 Posted by The Stegman (25546 posts) - - Show Bio

@cobramorph: and her stupid new costume and horrible dialogue.

#44 Posted by LyraFay (2536 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like her costume, it actually looks like....You know a raven.

#45 Edited by Outside_85 (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.