Follow

Raven

Character » Raven appears in 1721 issues.

Raven battles the forces of evil alongside her adoptive family, the Teen Titans while trying to control her baser, antagonistic instincts she inherited from her demonic father, Trigon.

Classic Raven skin for Injustice

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Outside_85
    No Caption Provided

Well... almost classic, since its the 2003 version by the looks of it.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not bad.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By rav4

That face... what the... I didn't think it was possible to make her any uglier.

She doesn't even have the gem on her forehead.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

EWWWWW

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raven's face.....just looks all kinds of off. Disappointment.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Outside_85

While I do, to a degree, understand the complaints about the face people should keep in mind that in the story of the game Raven is a member of Team Trigon and is pretty much just amusing her evil half till Trigon decides to show up and thank Superman for making his invasion so much easier. And as we know from the comics, Raven's face actually does change shape depending on how aligned with Trigon she is.

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y'know. It's times like this, when I see and even hear Injustice Raven, that I wonder what all the bitching about New 52 Raven is all about. She's perfectly lovely compared to Injustice Raven.

RavenArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Costume's just fine, much better than the New 52's , which is choked in feathers. Now as for her face:

While I do, to a degree, understand the complaints about the face people should keep in mind that in the story of the game Raven is a member of Team Trigon and is pretty much just amusing her evil half till Trigon decides to show up and thank Superman for making his invasion so much easier. And as we know from the comics, Raven's face actually does change shape depending on how aligned with Trigon she is.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Costume's just fine, much better than the New 52's , which is choked in feathers. Now as for her face:

@outside_85 said:

Even if this were true, it doesn't mean people would have to like it. She's still fugly. That being said, it's not true. Only the Injustice universe Raven in aligned with Trigon, that being her Regime skin, the one with red skin. Her regular skin is from the regular universe, where she's still normal and not aligned with Trigon. I would imagine it's the same for this skin. Also, the voice-- it does make sense for Regime Raven, but for regular Raven? No, it doesn't. At all.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravager4: While that is all true, I suppose you know there are limits to how much a company can allow to change a character before someone shows up about the otherwise brilliant and pretty game not being cost efficient enough. It is after all just a cosmetic addition. As for the voice, I might have to upset some people, but Raven always had a strange voice (as indicated by weird speech bubbles and how Tara Strong could make the show with the rumble).

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rav4

@outside_85 said:

@ravager4: While that is all true, I suppose you know there are limits to how much a company can allow to change a character before someone shows up about the otherwise brilliant and pretty game not being cost efficient enough. It is after all just a cosmetic addition. As for the voice, I might have to upset some people, but Raven always had a strange voice (as indicated by weird speech bubbles and how Tara Strong could make the show with the rumble).

Her "weird speech balloons" I always took to mean she had a tired, drawn out way of speaking (such as in the cartoon), as reinforced by frequent ellipses in her dialogue, not that she sounded like a man or overly demonic. Again, the distortion makes sense for Regime Raven because she has given in to Trigon, so she would sound more demonic. But it does not make sense for her voice to sound the same in her regular skin. It has nothing to do with being cost effective, because we know Tara Strong did the voice work and we know that the unfiltered voice exists, as it was shown in a trailer. It doesn't make a difference that her voice should probably sound funny, because it still sounds horrible. It is possible to make a voice sound mysterious and different without it being hideous.

The truly baffling part is why they would ask Tara Strong to reprise her role, while advertising that she is reprising the role, and then cover it up to the point where you can't even tell it's her anymore. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It's not like they couldn't have had different voices for different skins, it is a thing they've already done with Stephen Amell voicing the Arrow skin for GA.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Outside_85

@ravager4: That might be the case, but personally I don't buy it.

As for Strong, the amount of different voices she's done outside of Raven is already staggering in diversity, it isn't the same Raven that she has already voiced and it's not like Cyborg sounds exactly like he did in the cartoon (having lost a bit of volume). Plus there is a difference between Raven's regime voice and the normal one.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravager4: That might be the case, but personally I don't buy it.

As for Strong, the amount of different voices she's done outside of Raven is already staggering in diversity, it isn't the same Raven that she has already voiced and it's not like Cyborg sounds exactly like he did in the cartoon (having lost a bit of volume). Plus there is a difference between Raven's regime voice and the normal one.

Tara Strong's voice range has nothing to do with this here. Raven's in game voice is not Tara doing a different voice, it's the finished product being run through a filter, a filter that is set way too strong. And no, Cyborg does not sound exactly the same as he did in the cartoon. You know who else didn't? Raven's unfiltered voice. In that one trailer where you hear it, it sounds like an older, more mature version of the cartoon Raven, but still easily recognizable as her. Going back to Tara's impressive array of voices, she could have easily altered it even more to be a better fit without the need of a filter.

Look, if you like the voice, fine, I'm not trying to change your opinion on it. I, however, along with many others, do not, and we have not received an actual legitimate reason why it had to be so starkly different to anything that anyone was expecting. The Trigon possessed reason holds no water because only one of her three skins is Trigon-aligned. The fact that she needed to sound "different" also makes no sense, because there were so many other ways to make her voice sound different or mysterious or creepy without being so god awful. The point is that the people who do like the voice are not going to convince the people who don't like it that the change was necessary, because it wasn't, and it doesn't make sense even in the context of the game.

Also, if there is a difference between the voice of the skins, it is negligible. They're both equally bad.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravager4: I dont actually know what trailer you are talking about, all the ones I have seen have the voice she uses in the game.

And I have to say I hold all the water it wants because the normal Earth Raven only appears briefly in the game and has something like two lines, the rest of the story appearances is the other Earth's version. Also you are complaining over a skin, its a cosmetic change, nothing more so why do you expect it to be any different?

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rav4

@outside_85 said:

@ravager4: I dont actually know what trailer you are talking about, all the ones I have seen have the voice she uses in the game.

And I have to say I hold all the water it wants because the normal Earth Raven only appears briefly in the game and has something like two lines, the rest of the story appearances is the other Earth's version. Also you are complaining over a skin, its a cosmetic change, nothing more so why do you expect it to be any different?

Loading Video...

Around the :13 second mark. You can't tell me there's a good reason they didn't use that voice or a slightly tweaked version of that voice instead of the filtered man voice we got instead.

And yeah, I'm complaining about "cosmetics". So what's your point? Appearances might not matter to you, but they do to other people. I wanted to use Raven, but I can't when I cringe every time I hear her. There are plenty of other characters to choose from who don't look and sound terrible.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravager4: It's the Regime Raven thats talking for one thing, and it doesn't sound anything like the cartoon version... actually it sounds like the voice of a normal person, which Raven isn't.

My point is basically that it's a fighting game, how things look and sound like isn't the alpha and omega. If it had been an RPG or MMO, I would have understood it because you are going to spend hours looking over this characters shoulder and hearing line upon line spoken with that voice. But in a fighting game you have 5 seconds of close up before every match and one line of words.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.