Bad News

• 62 results
#51 Posted by Outside_85 (9579 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Well you could say Martian Manhunter doesnt really fit on Stormwatch and the notorious loner Etrigan doesnt really fit on any team :) As for Johns...well,, lets just agree to disagree on that one :)

#52 Posted by Lvenger (20777 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85: I quite liked J'onn on Stormwatch. If it wasn't for his membership on the team, I wouldn't have been made aware of it. And very well on the last part. :)

#53 Posted by justforthecomments (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Why aren't they putting her in the Ravagers?  BB & Raven <3 Dx

#54 Posted by Outside_85 (9579 posts) - - Show Bio

@justforthecomments: Coz putting her on TT is bad enough? :)

#55 Edited by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy and Bunker still on TT?

I'm still buying it.

Hell if they did a Buddy Cop spin off of Superboy and Bunker I'd read that instead.

#56 Posted by Ironhawk22 (320 posts) - - Show Bio

What? Not only is Lobdell writing Raven but so is Didio?! What the hell? Ugh good luck Raven. It's not the fact she's staying a Titan that annoys me, it's that Didio and Lobdell are going to be the ones writing her. Raven should totally have joined JLD.

#57 Posted by Ironhawk22 (320 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sethysquare Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but Starfire as well as Superboy have been downgraded into two of the most one dimensional characters in comics as of late. I agree on the point that compared to recent events(Felicia Hendersons TT run as well as to a lesser extent J.T. Krul's TT) Raven has been portrayed pretty poorly she has however been portrayed pretty darn awesome before then and to say she's an awful character is in my honest opinion a really far off statement. I do however have to agree that she was amazing in the TT cartoon though!

#58 Posted by Beast_in_the_Shadows (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@justforthecomments: As much as I would like to see Raven sharing pages with Gar again, I don't know if Ravagers is a good place for it. It's a better fit than the current Teen Titans for sure as it has a darker theme going, but I don't think her powers would fit in the team dynamics. First off, the main theme of Ravagers is escaping their pursuers. With Raven's ability to teleport large groups of people, this would take alot away from this aspect of the book. Second she is just a little too powerful around the others in the team. Right now the Ravagers consists of two semi invulnerable punchers, one shape shifter who is still completely mortal regardless of what he turns into, two energy blasters who need each other for full effectiveness, and an Earth mover who will most likely leave the team to either betray them to Brother Blood or die (possibly both) Anyway, if Raven joined the team she would be easily the most powerful member by a wide margin. Power wise she certainly fits better on a team with an Amazon, half Kryptonian and a speedster.

@Ironhawk22 said:

I agree on the point that compared to recent events(Felicia Hendersons TT run as well as to a lesser extent J.T. Krul's TT)

I think you do a bit of a disservice by com[paring Krul's run so close to Hendersen's.

Her run was an absolute abomination to the characters and what really sent the book into the great decline it was in. Yes the sales slowely dropped after Johns left, but it was during her run that the most people gave up reading. Krul had actually started getting some of the fans back, but sadly it was too little too late.

The only real issue with his run was that he was clearly pressed for time and had to rush some of his story lines along. With the reboot coming he had to tie up all the things he would have meant to explore in several story arcs down the line. Had he taken over the book instead of when Hendersen had, he could have stretched things out better and would have had a larger group of readers from the start.

His work wasn't perfect, but to me his was the best take on the team after Johns left. Regardless, Hendersen's run was so terrible that I think it is an insult to compare even the worst series to hers. I have never read a comic as bad as what she did and I hope I never have to again.

#59 Posted by Outside_85 (9579 posts) - - Show Bio

@Beast_in_the_Shadows: To be fair, Raven have always been the most powerful member of the groups she's been part of (save perhaps her very short time with the Sentinels of Magic), so power wise it isnt as unbalancing as you might think, but I agree the teleportation takes away the chase aspect of the book...unless N.O.W.H.E.R.E. could somehow track her or them, like Bombshell's Quantum Soldiers did.

#60 Posted by Ironhawk22 (320 posts) - - Show Bio

@Beast_in_the_Shadows: I wasn't comparing the two runs, I was comparing their portrayal of Raven in them. JT Kruls run was pretty good, I just thought Raven had no reason for being on the team. She mainly was around in the background for the majority of the run. I agree Post-Johns run, JT Kruls run was the best(I really enjoyed a majority of Sean McKeever's run on the book but it was all over the place at times, I didn't like the Vigilante crossover too much)

#61 Posted by Beast_in_the_Shadows (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ironhawk22: Yeah, the TT/Vigilante/Titans crossover was a bit too much. The only thing it accomplished was it found a way to "fix" Jericho after they decided to make him absolutely crazy. They couldn't have him get better because that was a cop out, but they couldn't keep him as a bad guy cause that would suck. So they removed his powers to keep him out of the game... Too bad they had to back track it all with a lame excuse during Blackest Night.

#62 Edited by Ironhawk22 (320 posts) - - Show Bio

@Beast_in_the_Shadows: I know. That's a character I don't have to see again. In the Vigilante/TT crossover he was a serial killer and held a whole party hostage, then when BN happens it's like "Who cares, he's good again!". It's agrivating, how he keeps going crazy only for everyone to forgive him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.