Follow

Ravagers

Team » Ravagers appears in 37 issues.

A group of teen metahumans that escaped from N.O.W.H.E.R.E., an organization that wanted to use them as weapons. A second group known as the Ravagers are Harvests Metahuman selected from the survivors of the various cullings beginning with Shadow Walker.

Exclusive: Scott Lobdell Interviews Howard Mackie on THE RAVAGERS

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

It's always a blast interviewing comic book creators. The chance to pick at their brains and get new information is both fun and challenging. With DC's "Second Wave" of "New 52" titles beginning in May, Howard Mackie is making his return as well. We've seen some images and have had a tiny bit of information about what his series, THE RAVAGERS will be about.

In trying to pry some questions out of Mr. Mackie, we're going to do things a little differently. Instead of us asking the questions, we managed to get Scott Lobdell to ask them. Here's what happened.

No Caption Provided

Scott Lobdell: Howard, let me be the first to say "Welcome Back!"

Howard Mackie: Thanks, Scott. Though, I didn’t even know I was gone. Did I have a good time? Did you get my postcard? You know… I made a mistake and drank the water. You know what they say about drinking the water THERE.

SL: I know you and Bob Harras know each other from your days at The Other Place -- but, from what I understand, that wasn't the Free Pass Into DC that some people think it is. Sort of like being the math teacher's son, he's almost more demanding on the people that he knows, no?

HM: Bob and I do have a passing acquaintance from days gone bye, and I think he owes $10, a cup of coffee, and a VHS copy of Red Dawn I loaned him in 1988. Having said that… is there a FREE pass anywhere? Because if there is I would like to be put down for 10 of them please.

== TEASER ==

I was attracted to what DC was doing with the NEW 52, and the more I read… the more I knew I wanted to be part of it on some level. I was fortunate enough to get a chance to sit down and chat with Dan DiDio. I definitely did some complimenting, and that let to discussions about approach to storytelling, characterization, and how awesome a movie Red Dawn was—and the next thing I knew I was getting a phone call from the DC offices. I had left my watch fob behind in Dan’s office, and they wanted to know where to mail it. THEN… the next thing I knew I got a phone call from DC editorial. There was talk about this new book called THE RAVAGERS… a chance to help on a crossover between TEEN TITANS, SUPERBOY, and LEGION LOST… a chance to work with a couple of old buddies of mine… and the next thing you know… I was looking for a copy of Red Dawn on DVD, because I realized I no longer had a working VCR.

No Caption Provided

SL: When it was first announced that I was writing for DC I was a little surprised when people would write on the message boards "Who is this guy?! Has he ever even written comics before?!" I mean, aside from the fact that they could Google my name, I admit to being surprised that after nearly a decade away from The Other Place, there were people who didn't even recognize my name. What about thereactionsto your return to mainstream comics has most surprised you?

HM: Look, the internet is the internet. Some people love me. Some people hate me. Some people have compromising photos of me with Betty White and a bottle of Tequila. You know…very much like real life. Though, I have been very surprised and pleased with the reactions to the announcement that I would be joining the DC team.

SL: It's funny, when we were writing most of our work, there was pretty much WIZARD Magazine and the Comics Buyers Guide (the Comic Journal would rarely deign to cover us!)... so you were either in Wizard's Top Ten or you were "nobody". Now, though, there are a ton of websites with huge amounts of people reading, then there are Twitter and Tumblr leaks and blogs picking up and dissecting everything about everything you are doing. Now, your book hasn't come out yet, but what can you tell me about the differences between then and now. You must have noticed, no?

HM: I do get concerned sometimes of paralysis by analysis. I think it is awesome that we can get such immediate feedback from fans, and that there is a wide range of voices giving critiques/reviews of the all the books that are out there. BUT… I think we risk of changing course too soon sometimes. There is a risk in reading too many reviews, listening to too many voices, and NOT listening to your own. Ooh… I got way more serious than I meant to get. Maybe, since you mentioned social media, I should have limited my answer to 140 characters. #Mackiecricitizesthecritics.

SL: I'll be honest, I mostly remember your career at The Other Place as one of a mulititude of editors who never hired me. And, of course, your phenom of a run revitalizing Ghost Rider. (You were so successful you even spawned a whole line in Spirit of Vengeance). I know you worked on the Spider-Man line but I never read Spider-man so I missed it. If you were writing your own wiki page and you wanted to steer new fans to some of your favorite pieces of work, where would you send them?

HM: THE RAVAGERS. Honestly, with every passing day… with every new twist, and new development, this is becoming my favorite piece of work. I am also very fortunate that I am working with an editorial team(Hi Pat! Hi Sean) that continuously pushes me outside my personal comfort zone of safety. They are encouraging me to take risks, and to challenge myself. Plus, the story springs off the TEEN TITANS/SUPERBOY/LEGION LOST crossover, and there is such a wealth of material that has been developed. I swear to you that creators are going to be exploring and exploiting things that were started in that crossover for years to come.

SL: The two books you are most famous for have been solo characters. I know you've done some team work, but -- correct me if I am wrong -- this will be the first time you're creating a team book from scratch, is that true? And how has the experience been different than working on a team book?

HM: I have written a few team books here and there, but the thing that most intrigues me about THE RAVAGERS is that they are not a team in any traditional fashion. I think of it as a GROUP book. A group of very powerful teens that have been through hell…have survived… and are trying to figure out what the next step or series of steps is going to be for them as whole, and as individuals. The whole “heroes”/”villains” thing means little to any of them. They have survived, and are trying to figure out how to survive one day at a time.

The group dynamics is a constantly evolving thing for kids who have lived for several years knowing that they could trust no one, love no one, and potentially have to KILL anyone.

SL: Ian Churchill. Have you ever worked with him before? Has their been a learning curve in terms of you and he finding a stride? I will tell you -- as Brett will too -- that Brett Booth and I went through a lot of growing pains on TEEN TITANS before we learned to trust each other. Not every creative team starts off speeding around the NASCAR track on all cylinders.

I have had the pleasure of working with Ian once a number of years ago, and it has been a blast to work with him again. I guess I am saying that I am not finding growing pains, as much as both of us trying to figuring out how to maximize the creative process. The thing I like about the creation of comic books is that in order for it to work well it has GOT to be a collaboration between the writer and the artist. Ian and communicate quite a bit about current and future story points. I love when he calls or drops me a line to tell me that something popped in his head while drawing a page, and then I get to run with it. THOSE are the moments that make you realize how much fun writing comic books is.

No Caption Provided

SL: I'm not going to ask you about the characters or the storyline -- those interviews are all over the internet. But I am curious if you put in dibs for any characters and they came back with a resounding "NO!"? A little known fact is that I wanted to guest-star the Metal Men in Superboy -- they would have been his supporting cast. But I got a big "No Way!"Any backstage stories you can tell us about RAVAGERS?

HM: Ha! The creation of The Ravagers team was very carefully, and thoroughly explored by me (some help from the writer of the Teen Titans) and editorial. I am not sure that I ever received a “resounding “NO!”, but there might have been one or two gentle, “Meh… maybe not that direction.”

I would LOVE to play with the Metal Men! Or the Atom! The Atomic Knights! And yet… I am not sure they would fit into The Ravagers book… and now that is all I can think about. That… and that I need to watch Red Dawn again!

SL: Like me, I think, this represents your first significant work for DC. How have you been enjoying the experience, and is there anything specific to the characters or the creative process that is different from your previous work?

HM: I have made no secret that I have become a huge fan of DC through the new 52. When I read those issue #1s I k new that I wanted to get involved in some way with the 52, but I never dreamed I would be afforded the opportunity to contribute to the Second Wave. It really has been a blast. I mentioned the editorial team earlier, and I think it warrants a second shout out to them. Pat and Sean are really good at working with me to push myself, and to take ideas that I present to them and say, “Great! Now playing off of THAT, what if you did THIS?” They get me to look down corridors that I had not thought to explore, and I am very happy with the results.

SL: And finally, you and I have gotten a chance to work together in a way that we never have before after knowing each other for years. So, be honest, how is knowing me from relatively afar as a fellow creator different from working together? Am I the overbearing ogre I've been portrayed as in the past? Tell me the truth -- I can take it!

HM: I wouldn’t say OVERbearing. Maybe just the right amount of bearing?

Yeah….it was odd to realize that we had never really worked together in the past. You and I have known each other for a long time, and been part of a few “writer’s conferences”, but never worked together directly. I have to admit—and don’t tell anyone—that it has been a fun experience me. You rapidly helped me regain my sea legs in the whole comic book writing creative process—that might have been because you were frequently driving a SPEED BOAT on choppy waters, and my choice was either get tossed out the boat or figure out how to hold on. It gave a glimpse into how your creative mind works, and that alone could make a grown man cry. Trust me… I have had to replace three keyboards along the way.

Okay, enough yammering. I’ve got pages to script and Red Dawn ain’t gonna watch itself!

THE RAVAGERS is on sale May 30, 2012.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sethysquare

Thanks, who played a trick on me?

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

That's pretty cool! Definitely looking forward to The Culling story arc and its aftermath with this title.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sethysquare

Anyhows, glad to hear more buzz from Ravagers. I was wondering why is Terra and Beast Boy missing from issue 2 and 3's cover. Something smells fishy.

But yeah this looks like its going to be a blast.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

Lucky ducky me, I might be able to get all SW #1s, fingers crossed

I like glasses Fairchild tee hee, but good to see old Fairchild.

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By hectorsquall

Howard Mackie said:

Look, the internet is the internet. Some people love me. Some people hate me. Some people have compromising photos of me with Betty White and a bottle of Tequila.
    No Caption Provided
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By doordoor123

Just hire Lobdell already!

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

#7  Edited By wmwadeii

Being a old skool Wildstorm fan from the 90's glad to see one of my favorite characters (Fairchild) from Gen13 in a DC title. I also read Grunge will also be making an appearance. Hopefully we get to see the rest of the Gen13 cast either in Ravagers or in another DC title. With Grunge, I hope they keep him similar to his original powers of morphing into things by touch and leave out the copy cat ability power ala Rogue.

notarandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By notarandomguy

Beast boy is red !! Red !! Okay in other news... He was mentioned in The Outlaws 1st issue anyone think we might have him connected to the Teen Titans or The Outlaws? Meh.. I just like him

cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cagedleo730

Is the 3rd cover signifying the new52 re-emergence of Brother Blood??

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#10  Edited By The Impersonator

nice interview.

cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cagedleo730

@notarandomguy: Was it Gar or Garth, the one mentioned by Roy?

Comicbookgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Comicbookgal

I can't wait to check it out!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#13  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @wmwadeii
    No Caption Provided
    Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14  Edited By Comiclove5

@doordoor123 said:

Just hire Lobdell already!

This

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#15  Edited By Outside_85

Just to this, because he will probably read it:

When it was first announced that I was writing for DC I was a little surprised when people would write on the message boards "Who is this guy?! Has he ever even written comics before?!" I mean, aside from the fact that they could Google my name, I admit to being surprised that after nearly a decade away from The Other Place, there were people who didn't even recognize my name.

First answer is simple: Not everyone is knee-deep in X-Men and knows its nation of writers on the backs of their hands.

Second answer: As someone who is not knee deep in X-Men, the only writer I know about (besides you obviously) is Claremont.

BoyWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BoyWander

two things...

1) I don't see Ravager in RAVAGERS. Why...

2) Is that Humongosaur from Ben 10?

I have no problem with red beast boy. Looks better than green in my opinion.

notarandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By notarandomguy

@cagedleo730: both of them along with some others

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rav4

@BoyWander said:

1) She'll be one of the main antagonists in the series, chasing after the main group along with Warblade.

From an Interview with Macki -

Nrama: Will Rose Wilson and Warblade play a role in the comic's run, as they try to capture the Ravagers?

Mackie: Yes. Both Rose Wilson and Warblade will play a major role in future stories. In many ways the books is as much about them as it is about the characters addressed above. I wouldn't come to this book expecting to see typical heroes and villains. The roles they all play in the book will remain fluid.

----

We'll also be getting a full backstory on her character during this series, which I'm looking forward to.

2) That big guy is Ridge, a new character

Avatar image for metallicmercury
    MetallicMercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MetallicMercury

@Ravager4 said:

@BoyWander said:

1) She'll be one of the main antagonists in the series, chasing after the main group along with Warblade.

Nrama: Will Rose Wilson and Warblade play a role in the comic's run, as they try to capture the Ravagers?

Mackie: Yes. Both Rose Wilson and Warblade will play a major role in future stories. In many ways the books is as much about them as it is about the characters addressed above. I wouldn't come to this book expecting to see typical heroes and villains. The roles they all play in the book will remain fluid.

----

We'll also be getting a full backstory on her character during this series, which I'm looking forward to.

Until you said that, I wasn't even going to consider picking this up. But if Rose is in it, hell yeah!!

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rav4

@MetallicMercury: It's the main reason I'll be picking it up as well, lol. If Fairchild, Beast Boy, and Terra had my interest at maybe a 4/10, knowing Rose is going to be a big part of it as well brings it up to about 20. I only hope she's handled well and not ruined like some other characters in this reboot...

cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cagedleo730

@notarandomguy: Wonder if Lobdell will ever get to revealing "Dustin" or if that's just a editorial error.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Skaddix

why are we even getting this seriously just give me a modified dv8 led by ravager hunting down metas. also why are almost all wildstorm characters bad guys.

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make Beast Boy green again and maybe I'll give it a chance...

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By htb106

ravagers looks epic,do you use thst word in america?.

beast boy,red, um... who was one tim's screen in titans 1?

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By termiteone4ever

Interesting

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Skaddix

@htb106 said:

ravagers looks epic,do you use thst word in america?.

beast boy,red, um... who was one tim's screen in titans 1?

Epic, yes we use it. Where are u from?

That is a good point apparently its connected to going ons in Animal so he could have changed color.

Avatar image for greencrapweasel
    greencrapweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By greencrapweasel

I am so pissed that beast boy is red......so freakin pissed........so....freakin........PISSED!!!!!!......!!

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Skaddix

@greencrapweasel said:

I am so pissed that beast boy is red......so freakin pissed........so....freakin........PISSED!!!!!!......!!

Yeah I know. especially since DC is suppose to care about matching media and beast boy is green in the cartoons. Also really its not like Vixen and Animal Man are red or even wear red costumes.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol i thought it was that ben 10 alien.... but i'm interested, i hope since they're intergrating more and more WS characters into the DCnU, i really want to see a mister majestic ongoing, or at least a mini series of 8 or 6 issues.... but i'd prefer an ongoing, where he makes superman his BEEEEYYYYYYYYYOTCH

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Skaddix

@Baberaham_Lincoln said:

Lol i thought it was that ben 10 alien.... but i'm interested, i hope since they're intergrating more and more WS characters into the DCnU, i really want to see a mister majestic ongoing, or at least a mini series of 8 or 6 issues.... but i'd prefer an ongoing, where he makes superman his BEEEEYYYYYYYYYOTCH

i doubt he gets in any time soon i just wish so many wsu characters were not getting introduced as badguys.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sethysquare

@Beast_in_the_Shadows said:

who cares what color he is.

@Skaddix said:

why are we even getting this seriously just give me a modified dv8 led by ravager hunting down metas. also why are almost all wildstorm characters bad guys.

But I don't see how a book like that could sell. A Gen 13 ish book led by Ravager has more chances of surviving than a DV8 book which don't really have any popular/iconic character.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sethysquare

@Ravager4 said:

@BoyWander said:

----

BTW, I was thinking, since Lilith is being shown to work together with Warblade, could she perhaps be the focus in this book as well?

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By rav4

@sethysquare: Don't know, seems they would have mentioned Lilith as having a part in it like everyone else if she was going to be

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sethysquare

@Ravager4: Perhaps they're making Lilith more associated with the titans and Rose and Warblade to be more with Ravagers.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By Mbecks14

Beast Boy is red? Not okay. Hopefully that's just a temporary coloring error.

save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36  Edited By save.me.now

Red beast boy is kind of saddening, but I'm glad to see he's still around at least.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By KnightRise

gar, garth, lilith, vic, dick, and someone named dustin

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39  Edited By RainEffect

Am I the only one wondering why they have Tron-esque costumes?

GaryTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GaryTitan

@RainEffect: They're supposed to be N.O.W.H.E.R.E prison outfits.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By jsphsmth

I cannot wait to read the aftermath of this crossover. As enjoyable as NOWHERE has been so far, I would like to read something a little different in TT and Superboy. Maybe somrthing a little more heroic and a little less angsty.

Ravagers looks good.

Most of all, I am really hoping that DeFalco can turn around Legion Lost.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

#42  Edited By wmwadeii

@Baberaham_Lincoln: they are adding a new 52 DCU called dial H for Hero which Ben10 is closely based on.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Skaddix

@sethysquare said:

@Skaddix said:

But I don't see how a book like that could sell. A Gen 13 ish book led by Ravager has more chances of surviving than a DV8 book which don't really have any popular/iconic character.

I meant theme wise but I, Vampire and Frankstien are selling and they are not popular characters so not sure. But the main point being is Ravagers is teens on the run which is not really all that different from current TT or LL so best to go with them being evil. By your argument I don't see this lasting long, Beast Boy is big name I suppose but I cannot see most of his fans being too happy about the cosmetic change assuming those are the only changes.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sethysquare

@Skaddix said:

@sethysquare said:

@Skaddix said:

I meant theme wise but I, Vampire and Frankstien are selling and they are not popular characters so not sure. But the main point being is Ravagers is teens on the run which is not really all that different from current TT or LL so best to go with them being evil. By your argument I don't see this lasting long, Beast Boy is big name I suppose but I cannot see most of his fans being too happy about the cosmetic change assuming those are the only changes.

What I meant was DV8 is a much smaller team than compared to Beast Boy and Terra. Even the name Ravager is more well known than DV8.

The thing is there are already 3 teen group books with TT, LL and Ravagers, plus if you count Superboy and Red Hood, its 5.

The more number of books being added into the same category, the less likely it'll do well. So they have to get something with a bigger name. Even Gen 13 didn't last long, not to mention DV8. And I, Vampire and Frankenstein are selling because its a vertigo-ish title that catered to a certain crowd, plus they have been getting rave reviews. Anyhows, its not like they're selling gangbusters also.

I think for the other wildstorm members like DV8 and Gen 13 to survive, they have to be included in a DC title, like Caitlin in Ravager, Grunge in Superboy, Warblade in Teen Titans, Pike in Hawkman, Zealot in Deathstroke and stuff like that.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Skaddix

I don't think the name is that relevant. Certain names matter Justice League, Superman, Batman, etc but Ravagers as a name is not going to generate major sales. Rose Wilson is not that big of a character that her name is going to appreciably keep a title above cancellation by itself . Sorry not gonna happen. By your logic, the team should be called the Beasts because Beast Boy is a bigger name then Rose.

Yeah that is my point u need solid reviews.

Again my point is what is the point of this team? They are teens on the run which is the same premise that Teen Titans and Legion Lost have with less flavoring because the Teen Titans are kinda also on the run from Nowhere. I suppose the advantage is u can kill those 3 nobodies on the Ravagers but I don't think that is enough plenty of other books where u can get death.

Might Point is I much rather read a Rose Wilson led Team who spends its time hunting metas for Nowhere then a team who is on the run again. its a much more distinct niche and different from what else is being offered. I mean u can replace Sublime with Rose. Anybody can basically replace Freestyle even Warblade is u want. Evo can get replaced by Beast Boy even.

Although I guess another problem I have is Gen13 and WSU characters being introduced as badguys. I mean I am glad to see Grunge but he was never a killer. Glad to see Warblade but the guy was not about to kill some kids. Whereas at least the Deviants would do that crap.

Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Skaddix said:

@sethysquare said:

@Skaddix said:

If his color was the only change, I could deal with it, but I highly doubt that is the case. When you look at the nature of this title (a frantic struggle for survival from abusive captors who ran experiments on you) the current direction of almost ever book in the re-boot (angsty, edgy and angry) and the constant troupe of anything red being rage related (red lanterns, Raphael, anything fire based)

No I imagine Gar is going to be angry, violent and possibly feral like he appeared in his brief Flashpoint appearance.

PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG, DC!

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By sethysquare

@Skaddix said:

I don't think the name is that relevant. Certain names matter Justice League, Superman, Batman, etc but Ravagers as a name is not going to generate major sales. Rose Wilson is not that big of a character that her name is going to appreciably keep a title above cancellation by itself . Sorry not gonna happen. By your logic, the team should be called the Beasts because Beast Boy is a bigger name then Rose.

Yeah that is my point u need solid reviews.

Again my point is what is the point of this team? They are teens on the run which is the same premise that Teen Titans and Legion Lost have with less flavoring because the Teen Titans are kinda also on the run from Nowhere. I suppose the advantage is u can kill those 3 nobodies on the Ravagers but I don't think that is enough plenty of other books where u can get death.

Might Point is I much rather read a Rose Wilson led Team who spends its time hunting metas for Nowhere then a team who is on the run again. its a much more distinct niche and different from what else is being offered. I mean u can replace Sublime with Rose. Anybody can basically replace Freestyle even Warblade is u want. Evo can get replaced by Beast Boy even.

Although I guess another problem I have is Gen13 and WSU characters being introduced as badguys. I mean I am glad to see Grunge but he was never a killer. Glad to see Warblade but the guy was not about to kill some kids. Whereas at least the Deviants would do that crap.

Well, since Teen Titans is spinning off in another direction, NOWHERE would be off their backs for a while so they're not really in the same direction. Ravagers would be a continuation of Teen Titans' direction in a way.

But I get your point totally. How about if I put it this way, they can't introduce too many protagonist for the book, so in a way introducing them as amoral characters would be the only way there could be plenty of wildstorm characters being introduced.

@Skaddix said:

@sethysquare said:

@Skaddix said:

If his color was the only change, I could deal with it, but I highly doubt that is the case. When you look at the nature of this title (a frantic struggle for survival from abusive captors who ran experiments on you) the current direction of almost ever book in the re-boot (angsty, edgy and angry) and the constant troupe of anything red being rage related (red lanterns, Raphael, anything fire based)

No I imagine Gar is going to be angry, violent and possibly feral like he appeared in his brief Flashpoint appearance.

PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG, DC!

Uhm, no. Didn't you read the interviews and solicits. NOWHERE/Templar placed them in the culling and let them fight for their survival its akin to whats going on in the hunger games. Do you see Katniss Everdeen or Peeta Mellark as angsty, edgy and angry? Probably not. They're good people, placed in impossible situations, Gar was captured, he was forced to do things he could do, but he survived that, not without psychological damage though. In the end he would fall in love with Terra and they would live happily ever after.

Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethysquare: First off, sorry. I know nothing about hungers games and harbor no interests in learning about it.

Secondly, did you see how he was portrayed in Flashpoint? Similar situation, cruel masters experimenting and tormenting him, and he was barely human after it. Heck Kid Devil went through something less for a shorter time and went temporarily feral.

Lastly, i highly doubt there will be anything between Gar and the new Terra. If anything, she is probably the first to die as she is relevant enough for the death to mean something, but not important enough for people to be too upset or surprised. Face it, unfortunately all Terras are doomed to death or obscurity.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By sethysquare

@sethysquare: First off, sorry. I know nothing about hungers games and harbor no interests in learning about it.

Secondly, did you see how he was portrayed in Flashpoint? Similar situation, cruel masters experimenting and tormenting him, and he was barely human after it. Heck Kid Devil went through something less for a shorter time and went temporarily feral.

Lastly, i highly doubt there will be anything between Gar and the new Terra. If anything, she is probably the first to die as she is relevant enough for the death to mean something, but not important enough for people to be too upset or surprised. Face it, unfortunately all Terras are doomed to death or obscurity.

Well, then shame on you cos Hunger Games is awesome (just kidding but Hunger Games is awesome, you should watch it)

Secondly, how he was portrayed in flashpoint have nothing to do with how he'll be portrayed in Ravagers. Superman was portrayed as a lab rat, skinny as hell and never seen the sunlight, but that is just an elseworld tale, so who cares.

Lastly, if they're putting Gar and Terra in the same team, there'll definitely be romance or even sexual tension, that'll be sufficient for me. But Gar and Terra are the 2 most popular character in the team, its unlikely she'll be killed over the other 3 unknowns, Thunder, Lightning and Ridge. Any sensible writer, would kill the other 3 first in any case.

Avatar image for greencrapweasel
    greencrapweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#50  Edited By greencrapweasel

@Skaddix: yeah! i don't even get the point of it! I mean i read about why, but that doesn't give me a significant point to it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.