Would We Ever See Ra's al Ghul In Another Batman Movie?

Posted by G-Man (32252 posts) - - Show Bio

The next Batman movie hasn't even been written yet.  We don't know what villains will be in it or what the story would be about.  What about seeing the return of Ra's al Ghul?  He is a formidable Bat-villain.  Josh Horowitz from MTV ran into Liam Neeson at Sundance and asked him about it.

I have to say I wouldn't mind seeing him return.  Maybe not as the primary villain but in some capacity.  He's too good of a villain to let just go away.  Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Staff
#1 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra's al Ghul is supposed to be immortal in the comics, it is feasible to have him survive and be back in the third movie, but I don't think it would fit into the sense of realism Nolan has. I honestly doubt we will ever see him again.

#2 Posted by mrenb (156 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with AtPhantom, but it would be great to have him return, pulling the strings, behind the scenes, of some evil goings on.   Ra's has the Lazarus Pit, so yup, it is possible for this character.  Doubtful, but possible.  Neeson kicks ass, by the way.

#3 Posted by G-Man (32252 posts) - - Show Bio

I just saw a trailer for his new movie, Taken.  Looks like he'll be kickin' some ass.

Staff
#4 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

we never saw the corpse, just saying

#5 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"we never saw the corpse, just saying"
Yup...  and it would be awesome to see Ra's Al Ghul return...
#6 Posted by mrenb (156 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man said:

#7 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen Taken (for some reason it came here in September/October) and was one of my favorite movies of 2008

#8 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"I've seen Taken (for some reason it came here in September/October) and was one of my favorite movies of 2008"
Thats Not Fair... its not even out here yet
#9 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

hey we deserve some lol

#10 Posted by Mr Mofo (354 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind seeing Ra's ah ghul behind the scenes of something.  I just hope they don't glut the next movie with too many bad guys like we've seen before.  As much as I like Aaron Eckhart, it just felt like his story was too much on top of having the Joker.  At least they didn't throw in other characters just to have them wasted in the background like Bane was in "Batman And Robin."

#11 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"hey we deserve some lol"
Ha Ha Ha  !
#12 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind if Ra's ah ghul returns for Batman 3,but he should not be the main villain in the movie.
He could work undercover as an henceman for another villain to see how Batman was doing afther defeated him in the first movie and fights him again to see if he improved his kombat skills.
Then he could become a main villain in Batman 4 or 5 with other villains to follow his evil plans to defeat
The Batman.

#13 Posted by inferiorego (22983 posts) - - Show Bio

I want him back. Yes Nolan tries and creates realism, but come on, lets have fun and make him immortal.

Staff

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.