Ragnarok in New Avengers #21 (Spoilers)

#1 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

So in the New Avengers Preview for next weeks release Ragnarok is back and playing for Osborn's team. While the really a whole lot of spoiler in the preview What bothers me is that Wolverine take a full punch from the false god and keeps fighting like regular punch. I know Wolverine is strong, resilient, and has a healing factor but being punched by someone with the strength of a god should do more then tip his head back a little. I would think the power of that punch would crush any tissue between his fist and Wolverine's adamantium covered bones as well as throw Wolverine back a couple blocks. I punch from Ragnarok to Wolverine should shatter Wolverine's bones within the adamantium and most likely knock him out with the force.

Am i reading the panels out of order or does Ragnarok hit Wolverine with his hammer (shown with Wolverine looks like he is falling away) d then at the bottom of the page Wolverine has his claws in Ragnarok's arm again

#2 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: This looks like it might be 1/2 of a double page splash... there's usually a lot of them in Avengers. You might see Wolverine get back up on the other page. But I agree, he should be floored for  long time after that :) 

I'm looking forward to getting this trade, I hope they do something with Ragnarok. Really Underrated character ^_^
#3 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: I was thinking that too but from the preview it wasnt. I didnt read the issue though.

lol let me just say you will be disappointed if you are looking for big forward motion with Ragnorak

#4 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: don't tell me he goddamn dies again ¬_¬
#5 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

It's just what i heard, i didnt read it

#6 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Ragnarok eh? Should be interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.