Follow

Rage

Character » Rage appears in 302 issues.

Rage is a superhero whose main ability is super strength which, like the Hulk, grows with rage or violence. He is part of the Avengers and New Warriors.

So...Rage and Luke Cage...

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By whacknasty

Seem to be very similar... Have these two ever worked together or had an altercation? 

And when did Rage get the ability to increase his strength and size according to his anger level?  I remember his old Marvel super hero trading card i had, and i dont remember reading that...
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By geraldthesloth

How are they very similar?

RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

Yeah, they're pretty much totally, completely different characters other than skin color...

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

Rage was a young teenage boy trapped inside the body of a powerful man.  He was more of a 1990's steroid-pumped version of 'Big' or 'Visa Versa' instead of another Luke Cage.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

very different. Rage is sadly an underdeveloped character in my book, especially recently with
    him being in a book with a rotating cast. he was one of my favs when i was young, i wish they 
    would do something more prolific with him.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By iLLituracy

This topic is racist.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @iLLituracy said:
    " This topic is racist. "
    It's as racist as saying 'who thinks Emma Frost is just like Sue Richards'.  It isn't.  They just look alike.  And in comics, everyone looks alike.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By iLLituracy
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @iLLituracy said:
    " This topic is racist. "
    It's as racist as saying 'who thinks Emma Frost is just like Sue Richards'.  It isn't.  They just look alike.  And in comics, everyone looks alike. "
    I was figuring it was as racist as saying all Asians look alike. But I was joking, either way...no one can ever tell, though...I should probably stop. 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @iLLituracy: Sorry... yeah, that li'l sarcasm didn't translate well. That was kinda what I was getting at too...  

Check out the latest X-Force for more confusing characters.  X23, Agent Morales, and Kimura all look alike... ;)
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iLLituracy
    @xerox-kitty: I saw. Someone should suggest nametags. If they were all wearing the same thing and X-23 wasn't missing an arm I wouldn't have known what was going on.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @iLLituracy: Like some convention where they wear those blue & white stickers that say 'Hi, my name is:....' ;) 

I like Choi & Oback, but I think even they know how similar their characters look :p
    Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The only similarities are Super-Strength, Durability, being bald and being black.

info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By info nation
    @whacknasty: I think Raege has mutated (For the BETTER!) since he first started using his powers.
    Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Walker696

Not touching any of the race remarks lol

As heroes they probably fought together in huge battles like the Skrull Invasion(but who wasn't in that fight.....o yea Blue Marvel lol). But far as I know they never really had any one on one time, adventures, or conflicts with each other, but like I said that's far as I know, I don't really follow the New Warriors. You figured by now Panther, Cage, and Falcon would have reached out to young black heroes........are they scared people would be upset? As a black man I'm kind of upset these two haven't had interaction with each other to be honest, screw the "new" Power Man, Rage should have got that title..........and yea they do look alike lol.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Walker696 said:

Not touching any of the race remarks lol

As heroes they probably fought together in huge battles like the Skrull Invasion(but who wasn't in that fight.....o yea Blue Marvel lol). But far as I know they never really had any one on one time, adventures, or conflicts with each other, but like I said that's far as I know, I don't really follow the New Warriors. You figured by now Panther, Cage, and Falcon would have reached out to young black heroes........are they scared people would be upset? As a black man I'm kind of upset these two haven't had interaction with each other to be honest, screw the "new" Power Man, Rage should have got that title..........and yea they do look alike lol.

Black Panther's people refused to divert slavery because it didn't have anything to do with Wakanda..I doubt that if someone is reaching out to young black heroes..It would be him.The Avengers Academy\Initiative idea started with the New Warriors.They rookie heroes but very good at what they do. They were supposed to have the training and gain the experience to eventually become Avengers. Justice and Firestar became Avengers in Vol.3, the Rest of the team...not so much.They were more reserves\honarary members.Technically they should all have been Avengers in some form or another by now.The Avengers Resistance doesn't really count, because it's just the Old New Warriors and a few Initiative members that weren't really officially Avengers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.