Wheres the radio active spider?

#1 Posted by dementedtheclown (744 posts) - - Show Bio

Still crawling around somewhere?

#2 Posted by PumpkinBomb (486 posts) - - Show Bio

No, spiders don't live nearly fifteen years. Especially irradiated ones.

#3 Posted by dementedtheclown (744 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe it had babies

#4 Posted by nightwing91 (3877 posts) - - Show Bio
@dementedtheclown: It's dead, I'm sure as much radiiation as it was blasted with would take away the ability to even have babies.
#5 Posted by Max_Spider (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, the spider was later eaten by a bully from Parker's school named Carl King, who had witnessed the whole spider bite thing and put two and two together. I'm not sure if the spider was actually dead at the time, but it definitely is now. As for king... Well, he became an entity known as the Thousand as a result of his actions, disturbing dosen't even begin to describe him from that point onwards.

#6 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio
@Max_Spider:
The Thousand's page just states he ate A radio active spider, not necessarily the one Peter was bit by
#7 Posted by Max_Spider (6 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF:
The Thousand's page dosen't state this (as it hardly contains any information at all) but the spider that King ate happened to actually be at the location of the science exhibition that Parker attended (King was actually present during this exhibition, which was the sole reason he went back). Unless two spiders were caught in that device, it seems to be pretty much definite that it is the same spider.
#8 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2133 posts) - - Show Bio
@Max_Spider said:
" @DEGRAAF: The Thousand's page dosen't state this (as it hardly contains any information at all) but the spider that King ate happened to actually be at the location of the science exhibition that Parker attended (King was actually present during this exhibition, which was the sole reason he went back). Unless two spiders were caught in that device, it seems to be pretty much definite that it is the same spider. "
but its conceivable one of the thousand escaped. 
#9 Posted by Max_Spider (6 posts) - - Show Bio
@Violet-Eyed Dragon:
You mean after he was dispersed after his fight with Spider-Man...? Yeah, it's been shown that King dosen't require all of the spiders to hold his conciousness... That much is true. Was that in response to what I had just said...? Because, I am really am sorry, could you elobarate on what you mean...?
#10 Posted by Demas (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Well... learned something new.  Does it matter to Thousand that the spider was magic according to The Other?

#11 Edited by Max_Spider (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@Demas:
Well, I don't think there was any definite conclusion as to which came first, the power or the radiation, and I suppose the original point was for it to be ambigious. Either way, Peter was enough of a totem regardnless to those who had business with such creatures (i.e. Morlun)... But still, anyone else think that what happened to King seems to eeringly resemble the sort of creature that Miss Arrow turned out to be...?  

As an answer to the question 'does it matter to the Thousand'. I don't think it ever occured to King that the spider itself may have been special, the idea never even occured to Peter until Ekeziel brought it up (and admittingly, I'm sure some of us never considered the possibility, radiation being what it was in this world), but if it really is connected to the whole totem business, it really does bring up a whole lot of untouched possibilities. If Ekeziel was right and that the spider targeted Peter specifically (I think that was what he said, can't quite recall) then could the difference in transformation have something to do with it being the wrong recipricant...? Could the radioactive spider have been [part of] a creature like Ero or the Thousand...? We don't know, it could have been a simple difference between a bite and ingestion, or both cases of gaining power could have just been a fluke (like Banner with the bomb or Murdock with the waste, a long-term result of celestial experimentation and all)... 

Sorry, I do kinda go into detail quite often and usually overlook when I am no longer making sense. So if I don't make any sense, I apologise.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.