Rachel Summers & Magic powers

Posted by GaeaPhoenix (70 posts) - - Show Bio

The Exiles met Rachel Summers of Earth 8545, and she was able to contact Thor and the asgardians. She used her psychic powers. But in the picture it looks like she is using magic. In the timeline was she a sorceress as well. And if you summon gods or goddesses you must have some magical talent. Does this mean that rachel of Earth-811 can be a magic wielder? 

#1 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, couldn't anyone be a magic wielder if that logic is accepted? With the infinite possibilities of the multiverse, one has to assume that EVERYONE is a magic user in SOME universe.

#2 Posted by Gold Dust Boi (516 posts) - - Show Bio

I would agree that if you follow that line of thinking then yes, everyone could be a magic user in SOME universe.

I do tend to think that someone with a connection to the Phoenix Force would at least be SOMEWHAT able to learn magic if they wanted.  Probably a bit more proficiently then someone else with no mystical of celestial connection in their family.

#3 Posted by shadow death (605 posts) - - Show Bio

she is doing magic in that picture  

i can tell by the two candles and  the writing on the book

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

@GaeaPhoenix: Can you give me the issue number? I have every Exiles issue and I vaguely remember that one.

#5 Posted by Squares (6444 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless it's outright stated, no.

#6 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

O_O i thought there was only one rachel in the entire multiverse and she was currently in 616

anyway yea she is definitely doin magic based on the stereotypical candle and book setup

#7 Posted by Thunderscream (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnSabahNurX said:

O_O i thought there was only one rachel in the entire multiverse and she was currently in 616

During House of M Claremont tried to explain that there were only 5 Rachels in the whole multi-verse. he obviously didn't do his research though because she's been in a ton of What ifs

#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thunderscream said:

@EnSabahNurX said:

During House of M Claremont tried to explain that there were only 5 Rachels in the whole multi-verse. he obviously didn't do his research though because she's been in a ton of What ifs

*snort!* Claremont not bothering to pay attention to what other writers have done? Surely not! ;)

#9 Posted by darthphoenix (756 posts) - - Show Bio

There's only one Rachel and i love love love her

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.