Oldest Child

#1 Posted by blackhawk (3 posts) - - Show Bio

So who is the oldest? Cable or Marvel Girl. Because they travel though time so much and visit alternative realities its hard to pin down. But I'm interested in what others think.

#2 Posted by Darkchild (41004 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Girl because the time she was born happend before cables time.

#3 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable or Marvel Girl? Ummm, yes. I think it maybe Marvel Girl, at least for now it is.

#4 Posted by Darkchild (41004 posts) - - Show Bio

i mean her time is what led to his right am i right or not i think my logic is beginning to fade

#5 Posted by blackhawk (3 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm I guess you could say that if she didn't exist then he never would have existed. But since in his time line she wasn't born (and now it looks like she never will be) If she ever comes to exist it would have to be after he was born. (ie. in the main timeline Jen and Scott never had girl)

#6 Posted by G-Man (36682 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget Rachel was also Mother Askani. She was older than Aunt May.

Staff
#7 Posted by Shatterstar (4568 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess the question is oldest in what time frame? Present day Cable is supposed to be older, when Cable was growing up in the year 4000 Rachel was like great grandma age. And when exactly was Marvel Girl supposed to be born?

Only thing that seems definitive is Cyclops is kind of a bastard father.

#8 Posted by Darkchild (41004 posts) - - Show Bio

yes scott is but marvel girl was born in the Days of future past timeline so she is truly the eldest since that time led to what cables would become

#9 Posted by Shatterstar (4568 posts) - - Show Bio

But Cable was born in the present, however many years ago in Marvel time, still a babbling baby during Inferno. So which happened first Days of Future Past or Uncanny X-Men #200-201?

#10 Posted by Darkchild (41004 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm wow i never realized that hmm well i guess then Nathan is older but when h was sent to AOA time line or askani cant remember he is a child then ages but the old askani is Rachel so is she older

#11 Posted by Java Lad (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Shatterstar has it right. Cable was born in the present then taken to the future so I guess he would be the oldest.

Hmmm but he also has the point of Days of Future Past....

My guess.. Cable because he has grey hair.

#12 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Rachel Summers is the older child than Cable, even in an illusion casted on the death bed of Mastermind to Jean Grey-Summers, Rachel was the older kid than Cable.

A good note also was during the first adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix, she always appeared as the older sister for Cable, specially during the time when Cable succumb to his technorganic disease.

#13 Posted by Alexandria Cromwell (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

MG!

#14 Posted by Mr.Voo the Doo (375 posts) - - Show Bio

Time travel
to confuse people who understand paradox's

#15 Edited by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

my head hurts... i always thought cable was older but then rachels timeline never accurred, i just realized that she would have bn the first born, but because it never accurred cable was born first. i am so confused how do quantum physicist deal with this type of logic..

#16 Edited by Mr.Voo the Doo (375 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"my head hurts... i always thought cable was older but then rachels timeline never accurred, i just realized that she would have bn the first born, but because it never accurred cable was born first. i am so confused how do quantum physicist deal with this type of logic.."
they probably just make up a word to explain it
Herfengugerschipen= to be confusing and beyond reason
#17 Posted by Supershocker (4 posts) - - Show Bio

why wont Marvel ever devote an issue to Scott, Jean, Cable, Rachel & X-Man? Bring the family back together have Rachel & Cable ever teamed up b4? if so wat issues?

#18 Posted by spellslinger (31 posts) - - Show Bio

time travel is soo confusing

#19 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable was born in the past.  In this continuity, back when Storm was the powerless leader of the X-Men.  Rachel was born in a future timeline.  So Cable is the older sibling.  It's just that timetravel meant that Rachel was older than him when he was born... even though she hadn't been born yet ;)

#20 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phoenix of the Black Throne: Yes, I know she was born in another timeline.  And that it was because Jean hadn't died, therefore Cyclops never met Maddy Pryor.  Everyone knows that.   

However, my point still stands, she was born in an alternate future.  Even if Jean hadn't died in the past events of Earth-616, it doesn't guarantee that Rachel would have been at the time that Cable was born.  There is no logic that dictates that Jean would have conceived at the alternate moment instead of Maddy.  Rachel was in her early teens when she was taken away & transformed into a Hound, while Kate Pryde was a mature women in her mid-to-late 40's.  Since Kitty Pryde hasn't even hit 25 yet in the present day, then Rachel was born in the future.   

Meanwhile, Cable was born in print, in this reality, over 20 years ago.  So as I said, he's the eldest child. 
#21 Posted by jcaligo (1 posts) - - Show Bio

it's never been explicitly stated, but ever since X-Men vs The Teen Titans, I've operated under the thought that Rachel was conceived on the butte in New Mexico just before Dark Phoenix happened. Again, this is my own conjecture, but it came from Darkseid lamenting the loss of those phoenix energies, saying they were particularly strong. And Claremont was always hinting that Rachel was created by the Phoenix Force power. ANNNND, adding in pregnancy hormones would also cause a shift in Phoenix that made it harder to control herself, and gave her weird cravings (you know, like the star of an inhabited system).

So to me that makes Rachel older.

#22 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3613 posts) - - Show Bio

but rachel appeared first so i say rachel is oldest

#23 Posted by darthphoenix (831 posts) - - Show Bio

cable is. he was born and only sent to the future. you cant really tell rachel's age because, she is somewhat immortal, she is like the phoenix itself, she dies only to live again in a different timeline

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.