I have a question about her and Bishop?

#1 Posted by MichonneHack27 (185 posts) - - Show Bio

How are they still around? I'm just asking anyone thats read the comics (cause I don't have any comic stores and well graphic novels are kinda limited at my book stores). I'm just a little confused how she and Bishop are still in the present cause as far as I can remember with time travel stories. They either have to accomplish something or try to prevent something? So if thats so, what are either of them trying to accomplish? Do they worry about any remaining(if there are, I don't know all of Bishop's story cause either I'm misreading or I get lost^^; )friends or family in their timeline? 

Won't that mean they'll cease to exist? I don't know, I'm just wondering.
#2 Posted by crj25 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitleuvmtqrxe

#3 Posted by Edamame (28280 posts) - - Show Bio

If I recall correctly, Bishop is stuck in the future. This happens after the Messiah War story arc. I am not sure about Rachel Summers.

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92844 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame said:

If I recall correctly, Bishop is stuck in the future. This happens after the Messiah War story arc. I am not sure about Rachel Summers.

Bishop is "dead" and

Rachel Summers is Revenant.

#5 Edited by mark5 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio
@MichonneHack27 said:

How are they still around? I'm just asking anyone thats read the comics (cause I don't have any comic stores and well graphic novels are kinda limited at my book stores). I'm just a little confused how she and Bishop are still in the present cause as far as I can remember with time travel stories. They either have to accomplish something or try to prevent something? So if thats so, what are either of them trying to accomplish? Do they worry about any remaining(if there are, I don't know all of Bishop's story cause either I'm misreading or I get lost^^; )friends or family in their timeline?  Won't that mean they'll cease to exist? I don't know, I'm just wondering.

why don't you download them online. Lots of comics online. That's where i get mine. Just the "download" and the story arc in google. 
As for your question.  

@crj25 said:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitleuvmtqrxe

this and not alll writers stick to the laws of time travel. Sometimes it just happens with no effects. 
#6 Posted by Mercy_ (92844 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Edamame said:

Bishop is "dead" and

(Ignore this, just testing something)

#7 Posted by mark5 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Edamame said:

Bishop is "dead" and

(Ignore this, just testing something)

new spoiler bar?
#8 Posted by Mercy_ (92844 posts) - - Show Bio

@mark5: Yep. It's revealing spoilers when quoted >_< Just reported it in bug reporting.

#9 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio
@MichonneHack27
Time travel doesn't work the same in Marvel as it does in other fiction.
Any time a character is believed to travel through time, what happens is that they actually travels to a different reality, alternatively create a new divergent reality. This way no action taken has any effect on their original timeline. Different realities has different speed so to speak, they basically are at different calender years, which is why it is percieved as time-travel to the traveller. 

To further clarify the main marvel universe is called Earth-616, or reality number 616, while Rachel's reality is Earth-811 and Bishop's is Earth-1191. Bishop believes he has traveled back in time, but he has actually traveled to a different reality, Earth-616. He believes that he can prevent his own future, but is unaware of the fact that any action taken will have no affect on his original timeline, Earth-1191, since it is a different reality. Also the events of his reality has already happened.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.