R2 may be the most useful character in the entire SW universe

#1 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Think about it, if it weren't for R2 all of the heroes from all of the movies would have died except maybe Yoda. If the Emperor had real foresight he'd have taken out that little droid in the first 5 seconds of episode 1 and wham all his major opposition dies, Luke is never born, he marches over the galaxy unopposed

#2 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Think about it, if it weren't for R2 all of the heroes from all of the movies would have died except maybe Yoda. If the Emperor had real foresight he'd have taken out that little droid in the first 5 seconds of episode 1 and wham all his major opposition dies, Luke is never born, he marches over the galaxy unopposed

Lol. Yeah, Emperor should've done that.

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: if you go through those movies and pay attention to what R2 is doing you'll see that he's spending the whole saga in the background saving everyone's asses with virtually no thanks despite being more useful than the entire jedi counsel

#4 Posted by The Poet (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

yay R2!

#5 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Well without Qui Gon finding Anakin, he wouldn't have grown to be a douche and destroy the Republic and cause rise to the Empire.

#6 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always said R2 is the real hero

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

My god.....you may be right.

#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

The more I think about it the more I think I'm right

#9 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5234 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart said:

I've always said R2 is the real hero

#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

R2 is the biggest BAMF.

#11 Posted by Kairan1979 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: even before he turned Anakin to the Dark Side, Palpatine still had Count Dooku as his apprentice.

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: even before he turned Anakin to the Dark Side, Palpatine still had Count Dooku as his apprentice.

Oh god what? I am so lost!

#13 Edited by MaccyD (4053 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11581 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish R2D2 was my dad. That's how cool he is.

#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.