Why Quicksilver is a superior speedster

#1 Edited by victorymaker (349 posts) - - Show Bio

I am comparing Quicksilver to Flash. I am sure you all have read the JLA/Avengers crossover. If you all remember, Flash was slower than Quicksilver in the Marvel Universe, but in the DC Universe he completely destroyed Quicksilver with speed. Now, why was this? Well, while Wally is but a mere human, Quicksilver is a mutant. He was born with his powers, while Wally was not. Wally relies on the speed force to run at incredible speeds, while Quicksilver merely has to vibrate his molecules at incredible speeds, and that allows him to run fast. Now, I know all of the feats that Flash has accomplished, and that he can run at speeds far greater than that of light, so great that it seems as though time itself is frozen when Flash runs, and that Quicksilver can only run at speeds faster than sound, but not at light, but that is beside the point. Quicksilver would be a much more reliable speedster to have on your team than Flash. Why do I say this? Well, if you all remember, Wally could not run at light speeds when crossed over into the Marvel Universe. He needed to have that suit put on him that allowed him to store up speed force from the DC Universe, and when he went into the Marvel Universe, he would be able to tap into that speed, thus giving him a speed boost to surpass Quicksilver in speed. But, what if Flash did not have any access at all to the speed force? Look at the comic. He got beat up by a bunch of random people with bats. You put Flash in a dimension or location with absolutely no access to speed force, and he is useless. He can only run at normal human speeds, while if you take Quicksilver and put him in the same dimension or location, he can still run at speeds faster than that of sound. Why? His speed is a part of him. It does not come from an outside source like the speed force. Like I said, Quicksilver can simply vibrate his molecules and move at incredible speeds because it is his natural born power. The Flash's power was not natural. He wasn't born with it. A lot of you people will say, "You are dumb" or some other stupid phrase, but clearly I am not when I have even acknowledged Flash's feats and how fast he can move with the speed force, but in the end, which all of the information that I have presented, if you need a more reliable speedster, Quicksilver would be your choice. But, of course if there was speed force, Flash, but no speed force, Quicksilver. He does not need to rely on an outside source to be able to make him run fast. 

-- This was recently brought to my attention a few minutes after I made this original post. Jay Garrick doesn't need the speed force to run fast. Well, he needs the speed force to reach light speeds. Without it, his top speed is the speed of sound, due to the fact that he is a metahuman, while Quicksilver's top speed is roughly Mach 4. Case and Point. Quicksilver is the more reliable speedster.    

#2 Posted by D-Dude (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow dude. Such a long para. 0_o

#3 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

1. As you said in your eddit, Jay Garrick can run fast without the speed force(though not as fast).
2. Every DC Universe contains the Speed Force. In fact the only instance I think lack of a speed force has ever happened was in the Marvel/DC crossover.

#4 Posted by Red_Blade (2441 posts) - - Show Bio
@victorymaker said:
"

I am comparing Quicksilver to Flash. I am sure you all have read the JLA/Avengers crossover. If you all remember, Flash was slower than Quicksilver in the Marvel Universe, but in the DC Universe he completely destroyed Quicksilver with speed. Now, why was this? Well, while Wally is but a mere human, Quicksilver is a mutant. He was born with his powers, while Wally was not. Wally relies on the speed force to run at incredible speeds, while Quicksilver merely has to vibrate his molecules at incredible speeds, and that allows him to run fast. Now, I know all of the feats that Flash has accomplished, and that he can run at speeds far greater than that of light, so great that it seems as though time itself is frozen when Flash runs, and that Quicksilver can only run at speeds faster than sound, but not at light, but that is beside the point. Quicksilver would be a much more reliable speedster to have on your team than Flash. Why do I say this? Well, if you all remember, Wally could not run at light speeds when crossed over into the Marvel Universe. He needed to have that suit put on him that allowed him to store up speed force from the DC Universe, and when he went into the Marvel Universe, he would be able to tap into that speed, thus giving him a speed boost to surpass Quicksilver in speed. But, what if Flash did not have any access at all to the speed force? Look at the comic. He got beat up by a bunch of random people with bats. You put Flash in a dimension or location with absolutely no access to speed force, and he is useless. He can only run at normal human speeds, while if you take Quicksilver and put him in the same dimension or location, he can still run at speeds faster than that of sound. Why? His speed is a part of him. It does not come from an outside source like the speed force. Like I said, Quicksilver can simply vibrate his molecules and move at incredible speeds because it is his natural born power. The Flash's power was not natural. He wasn't born with it. A lot of you people will say, "You are dumb" or some other stupid phrase, but clearly I am not when I have even acknowledged Flash's feats and how fast he can move with the speed force, but in the end, which all of the information that I have presented, if you need a more reliable speedster, Quicksilver would be your choice. But, of course if there was speed force, Flash, but no speed force, Quicksilver. He does not need to rely on an outside source to be able to make him run fast. 

-- This was recently brought to my attention a few minutes after I made this original post. Jay Garrick doesn't need the speed force to run fast. Well, he needs the speed force to reach light speeds. Without it, his top speed is the speed of sound, due to the fact that he is a metahuman, while Quicksilver's top speed is roughly Mach 4. Case and Point. Quicksilver is the more reliable speedster.    

"
This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read, you wasted 3 minutes of my life and I want them back.
#5 Edited by drkhwk2001 (4433 posts) - - Show Bio

I give you credit for making a well thought out argument, and I know some will call it dumb or stupid, but I applaud your effort in attempting to make your case. Which healthy debate is about, not just going with the status quo. For without difference in opinions these forums wouldn't exist.
#6 Edited by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

Normal speed means nothing. Flash and his evil counterpart Zoom are miles above Quicksilver in power. The thing is sure Quicksilver reaches mach 4, awesome really. While the Flash stops at the speed of sound without the speed force.

But there's the flaw in your logic. All speedsters in the DC universe can tap into the speed force and when they do, they can potentially shatter the barriers of time and space. They can move so fast they'll phase through matter and more.

Making an argument that Quicksilver is better because he doesn't need the speed force to reach mach 4 is fallacious because Flash has the speed force. Meaning that regardless of his max speed without it, those numbers are irrelevant because, they have no bearing on how good he actually is when operating at full power (that is with the speed force)

#7 Posted by Phantom Crusader (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Problem with the argument is that there isn't any place in the entire DC multiverse in which the speed force doesn't exist, so there isn't a place where Wally, Barry, Bart, or any other speedester won't have their powers

#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Blade said:
" @victorymaker said:
"

"
This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read, you wasted 3 minutes of my life and I want them back. "
No one made you read it.  If you don't like something, close the Window.  Don't be rude or stalk other members with rude comments.
#9 Edited by brc2000 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

This entire thread is based on something in a crossover. I don't care if apparently DC considers it canon, unless both companies do so it doesn't count in my book. Besides the whole "no speed force" thing was added as a plot device just so QS wouldn't look like a complete chump.

#10 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

it's a cool and well thought out theory, ill give you that. but it rules out the "when"
Flash has his powers, which is almost 99.9% of the time, and his powers at that stage
are in fact vastly superior to Pietro's. its also canceled out by the fact that Quicksliver in fact
has lost his powers as well, so his are in fact no more reliable.

#11 Posted by Hyperlight (5861 posts) - - Show Bio

it would take a lot to cut the flash of from the speedforce so i dont think he would be unreliable.

#12 Edited by tensor (4361 posts) - - Show Bio

this some crap an u make point only in a cross over does stuff like this  happens when it comes to speed everybody know flash is the  daddy for quicksilver an flash is faster  than quick silver with out the speed force an to put the icing on the cake quicksilver try having his own comic book but it did no sell fast enough he was too slow an thats life in the fast lane

#13 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

and let's not even mention the ultimate version, yuck!

#14 Posted by WoundingFactor (178 posts) - - Show Bio
Why Quicksilver is an inferior speedster:

The guy is mentally unstable and astoundingly arrogant. Regardless of the strength of his powers or reliability of them, the man himself is not reliable.
#15 Posted by rezairondroid (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@victorymaker: I beg of you... i want to say ,why he not join avengers at first time avengers is born.. he will better in avengers more than the X-men coz his dad.. i really like him.. coz his fast ,Nick name ,and real name of him, he is mutant and he get fast from his born.. and I know his fast more than THE FLASH... QUICKSILVER for the best faster and speedster ,strong and his name :D

#16 Posted by adamatiumman (71 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by CreedmasterNeo (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you forget that the speed force is EVERYWHERE! Plus you seem to have forgotten that Barry Allen IS THE SPEED FORCE!!

#18 Edited by koshi_waza88 (1527 posts) - - Show Bio

So he suggesting quicksilver power if better cause it dont realy on speed force but that like saying thors better than superman because superman needs a yellow sun or even better ironman inferior to captain america cause he needs his armour.... what about jay garrick he didn't need the speed force and he is technically the flash

#19 Posted by Rezaujp (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@victorymaker: I'm agree and agree with you, I get it what you want to say to us, this is the best think i ever read from the comic book reader, so this is much've make a sense for me now, thanks for argue with this, i'm a hug fan of Quicksilver, so yes what've you said, you've a great sense and survey!

#20 Posted by xxironspiderxx (75 posts) - - Show Bio

well my question is , if Magneto has unlimited control of magnetism then couldn't Pietros muntant abilities evolve to where he can go as fast as he wants?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.