WarnerBros idiots?? Quicksilver to be moviestar b4 Flash!

#1 Edited by CharlieJade (422 posts) - - Show Bio

seriously?

Flash and Quicksilver have a race to big screen stardom, Quicksilver destroys the Flash in this race

who is Quicksilver

#2 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6131 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously?

You haven't heard of Quicksilver?

#3 Posted by PietroMaximoffIsTheMan (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Good. He's infinitely more bad ass than Flash.

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24690 posts) - - Show Bio

@charliejade: Also Rocket Raccoon and f**king Groot are going to be in a movie before Wonder Woman. I dig Rocket and Groot but that's some bull s**t.

#5 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@charliejade: Also Rocket Raccoon and f**king Groot are going to be in a movie before Wonder Woman. I dig Rocket and Groot but that's some bull s**t.

This! Seriously WB, Make that Wonder Woman Movie!!!

#6 Posted by Pokeysteve (8076 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm OK with WB taking their time. After Nolan's Batman and Green Lantern, they should think it through and get their characters right. They have a great start with Superman.

#7 Posted by PietroMaximoffIsTheMan (56 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

The thing with DC is that the superheroes are very powerful compared to Marvel's. In Superman's movie Metropolis was leveled. Imagine the amount of damage the entire Justice League would have to put up with. The characters are so powerful, the villain needed would cause the whole Earth to explode. It might not work well in a movie.

#8 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

The thing with DC is that the superheroes are very powerful compared to Marvel's. In Superman's movie Metropolis was leveled. Imagine the amount of damage the entire Justice League would have to put up with. The characters are so powerful, the villain needed would cause the whole Earth to explode. It might not work well in a movie.

People seriously need to buy themselves some glasses before seeing that movie because I don't remember Metropolis being destroyed half as badly as people are putting it.

Hey newsflash, people! Cities are way bigger than 4 blocks!

#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24690 posts) - - Show Bio

@lolzstastic: Smallville was f**ked but at most Metropolis lost about 6 blocks

#10 Posted by Wolverine08 (38837 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Quicksilver more than Flash, so I'm happy.

#11 Edited by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Oddly enough, people hardly complain about Smallville which I thought was both a much more destructive battle and a bigger exercise of carelessness from Superman.

#12 Posted by The Stegman (23158 posts) - - Show Bio

Completely, wholeheartedly agree.

#13 Edited by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

They're not going to rush a Flash just to put him on the big screen before Quicksilver. They'll just end up ruining it and any chance of a Justice League movie coming out in the near future. Let them take their time and plan it out.

#14 Posted by Airmansmith21 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

two versions of pietro before flash

#15 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2213 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by PietroMaximoffIsTheMan (56 posts) - - Show Bio

@pietromaximoffistheman said:

Good. He's infinitely more bad ass than Flash.

I suppose I must have the same opinion as you.

What is boring about a guy who was stolen and raised by Gypsies with his sister who find out he's a mutant and the fastest man on Earth. Who then grows up to run away with his beloved sister and saved by the man who unbeknownst him his real father. Later joining the Avengers to make up for his criminal past only to find out his real father is a mutant terrorist. He must protect his sister from him.

Not to mention his wife and daughter who live on the Moon. His daughter who he loves very much but has lost all respect for him. He only has his sister left and sometimes she's not enough. So he must go to his father who despises for help and guidance. Though it pains him because he wants to ignore and make up for his criminal past.

And in his attempt to be a hero he must sometimes sacrifice it to protect his sister.

Let's not forget about the nature of his superspeed. It make him arrogant. He must live every second of his life as if he is in traffic. It pains him. It makes him miserable. But at the same time makes him mean.

But I guess you're a Flash fanboy who is angered when other don't share his opinion and hasn't even given Pietro a chance.

Again I apologize for having a different opinion than you, Oh great one.

#17 Posted by Emp3rorD4v1d (109 posts) - - Show Bio

but at least flash will appear on tv before quicksilver. flash is getting his own tv show next year, and quicksilver wont apear until a year after that. and no, i like flash better, hes the original speedster and is way cooler in character. quicksilver is a deppressed son of a b%&*h

#18 Posted by StrangeMan (407 posts) - - Show Bio

People really have to lose this asinine tendency of proclaiming X less popular character was in a movie before X more popular character, meaning X company iz stoopid lolz hurhur. Warner didn't gave two shits about its DC properties for, well, about a year ago, since The Avengers came into the scene and made them realize how much profit there is in the superhero genre, before then they played it safe, going with Superheroes that were already well established in pop culture and knew they could make money, ergo why they only used Batman and Superman (there was a Green Lantern or a Jonah Hex here and there, but that's besides the point).

They had no reason to become interested in other superheroes, they're guys in suits, not comic geeks, they don't give two flaming shits about properties that won't make them profit (not saying that a Flash or WW movie won't make money, that's a pretty dumb thing to say, but they don't know that), and hell, they shouldn't have, Warner is different from Marvel Studios, they don't need superheroes, they pump out 50 blockbusters a year, so to call them idiots for not making movies about properties that they didn't even care about until a year ago is simply stupid.

And if that's not enough, alright, then by that same logic Marvel is idiotic because Steel got a movie before Iron Man. Herpy derp.

#19 Edited by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

Quicksilver will make it to the big screen before Flash because Marvel pumps out garbage to get idiots to by a m ovie ticket. I was one of those people too but after 4 years of watching that crap I finaly learned my lesson. Definatly not going to see Thor, Gaurdians, Captain America or anything else they make. Instead I'm going to watch Arrow and wait patiently for JL War for this year.

But seriously, who outside Marvel fans is even going to know or care about Quicksilver.....

#20 Posted by PietroMaximoffIsTheMan (56 posts) - - Show Bio
@lifeboy said:

Quicksilver will make it to the big screen before Flash because Marvel pumps out garbage to get idiots to by a m ovie ticket. I was one of those people too but after 4 years of watching that crap I finaly learned my lesson. Definatly not going to see Thor, Gaurdians, Captain America or anything else they make. Instead I'm going to watch Arrow and wait patiently for JL War for this year.

But seriously, who outside Marvel fans is even going to know or care about Quicksilver.....

Have you thought perhaps you don't represent every non-Marvel fan.

#21 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4613 posts) - - Show Bio

SO Flash was never on the big screen? I thought he had his moment once years ago.

( +)

#24 Posted by Oscars94 (2339 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by joshmightbe (24690 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94: The movie people at marvel do, its just the comic side where theyve lost their damn minds

#26 Posted by MatteoPG (1921 posts) - - Show Bio

People really have to lose this asinine tendency of proclaiming X less popular character was in a movie before X more popular character, meaning X company iz stoopid lolz hurhur. Warner didn't gave two shits about its DC properties for, well, about a year ago, since The Avengers came into the scene and made them realize how much profit there is in the superhero genre, before then they played it safe, going with Superheroes that were already well established in pop culture and knew they could make money, ergo why they only used Batman and Superman (there was a Green Lantern or a Jonah Hex here and there, but that's besides the point).

They had no reason to become interested in other superheroes, they're guys in suits, not comic geeks, they don't give two flaming shits about properties that won't make them profit (not saying that a Flash or WW movie won't make money, that's a pretty dumb thing to say, but they don't know that), and hell, they shouldn't have, Warner is different from Marvel Studios, they don't need superheroes, they pump out 50 blockbusters a year, so to call them idiots for not making movies about properties that they didn't even care about until a year ago is simply stupid.

And if that's not enough, alright, then by that same logic Marvel is idiotic because Steel got a movie before Iron Man. Herpy derp.

You win. Flawless victory.

#27 Posted by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Oscars94 (2339 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I'm really liking Hockman's Avengers and New Avengers. Indestructible Hulk and Thor:God of Thunder have also been amazing. I agree that the Marvel Cinematic Universe is awesome!

#29 Edited by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio

oh the butthurt. a raccoon before wonder woman. marvel is laughing all the way to the bank while wonder woman is superman's girl toy in the comics.

#30 Edited by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

This has seriously gotten out of hand... I swear to God, Fox and Warner Bros are just messing with Marvel - I'm not just acting like the typical Marvel-fanboy, this situation has become absolutely ridiculous. Marvel announced Quicksilver first then all of a sudden Bryan Singer announces Quicksilver is going to be in X-Men Days of Future Past. A few months later, Warner Bros or CW announced The Flash was coming to Arrow - X-Men Days of Future Past and The Flash's episode on Arrow both come out BEFORE Avengers: Age of Ultron - does anyone NOT see the problem? It's not a coincidence. Fox and Warner Bros are a bunch of greedy assholes at the moment.

I still believe Joss Whedon's Quicksilver is going to be represented the best out of Fox's Quicksilver and The Flash.

First of all:

1. Whedon's Quicksilver is in an AVENGERS movie - a freakin' Avengers movie, it's a popular and successful ensemble
  2. Whedon's Quicksilver isn't going to be on CW - unfortunately for The Flash, he's going to be turned into a worthless teenager who might as well be on Pretty Little Liars or the Vampire Diaries with cheesy romances as opposed to the Barry Allen we know in the comics
  3. Whedon's Quicksilver isn't going to be Bryan Singer's Quicksilver; in other words, not... Not Bryan Singer's :P
  4. Whedon's Quicksilver is Whedon's Quicksilver

I really do feel bad for Joss Whedon... Seriously, he was saying in a bunch of interviews about how excited he was to be the first person to bring a speedster to the big-screen but then Fox and Warner Bros just spat all over it...

#31 Posted by Daiohnysis (128 posts) - - Show Bio

So, Quicksilver still sucks balls

#32 Posted by ubungqingili (74 posts) - - Show Bio

flash is getting his own show.

#33 Posted by w0nd (2921 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.