Quicksilver should be faster!!!

#1 Posted by thing150 (974 posts) - - Show Bio

Quicksilver fast but not even close to as fast as someone like the flash I think that marvel should Up his speed what do u think

#2 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#3 Posted by IfDCRuledTheWorld (673 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe not Flash fast but faster couldn't hurt.

#4 Posted by _slim_ (14046 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him as he is.

#5 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

He was fast enough to steal from PF Emma so I think he does pretty well for himself.

#6 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

They should consider changing his hairstyle and costume first.

#7 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13618 posts) - - Show Bio

No. His speed is fine. It perfectly relates to his identity and theme in my humble opinion.

#8 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

quickysliver can run at mach 4. WHEN DO YOU NEED TO GO FASTER?

#9 Posted by Eet Mor Puppee (102 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (6031 posts) - - Show Bio

Atleast Ultimate Quicksilver is faster.

#11 Posted by Deranged Midget (17962 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eet Mor Puppee said:

Post the rest of the scans, it's not all that impressive.

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34933 posts) - - Show Bio

In what way would it make the character better? 

#13 Posted by Eet Mor Puppee (102 posts) - - Show Bio

It wouldn't exactly make him better. But currently, Quicksilver can dodge lightning, outrun radio waves (possibly a writers error, but maybe it wasn't), and cover half the globe in 92 seconds. He also ran from Tibet to Indonesia and back in what appeared to be about a second. Maybe ten seconds tops.

My point is that Quicksilver is as fast as he needs to be right now. Making him faster would be kind of silly. Also, giving him a max speed number seems kind of silly too, unless a Marvel writer really just wants to have Quicksilver outrun the Flash.

#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has plenty of speedsters to match the Flash like Makkari, and The Runner. Quicksilver is as fast as he needs to be

#15 Posted by CrimsonCake (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

Slightly faster...

#16 Posted by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

In what way would it make the character better?
#17 Posted by Hyperlight (6569 posts) - - Show Bio

quicksilver is marvels premiere speedster and he should be treated as such. I think that speed he hit in avx was a really good one. the only problem with that is that they might have a problem giving him good fights

#18 Posted by Shadowsnake89 (403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight:

That's always been my main complaint with hero speedsters. the faster you make them the more difficult it is to give them a villain who can match them. His original villain counterpart Speed Demon only has a max of 175m.p.h. Not really a fair fight, What fun is it when he can just put the bad guy in prison before they can even blink?

#19 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

No. It wouldn't suit Quicksilver, and it wouldn't fit in the Marvel universe.

#20 Posted by Hyperlight (6569 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shadowsnake89: i hear you..... so far i think pietro is the 4 fastest speedster in 616, right under runner, makkari, and northstar.

#21 Edited by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

He was fast enough to steal from PF Emma so I think he does pretty well for himself.

DAMN PF emma is slow

@samuel_larson_10 said:

quickysliver can run at mach 4. WHEN DO YOU NEED TO GO FASTER?

RL navy railgun can go MACH 7

@Eet Mor Puppee:

wasn't that in Ultimates?

#22 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Quicksilver if anything should be a bit slower in my opinion. I don't usually like ridiculously fast people unless the have personalities that make up for it. Like Flash for instance.

#23 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Why should Quicksilver be faster? What does it add to the equation? Would it make his character more interesting?

#24 Posted by Cap10nate (2722 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how he is written now. He is powerful but not to the ridiculous proportions tat allows him to time travel or blend together universes or vibrate through objects or that infinity punch or whatever it is called. I like the speed to allow him to strike quickly but not be a high end devastating force.

#25 Posted by PietroMaximoffIsTheMan (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, we wouldn't want him to be over-powered. Faster than the speed of light is just too powerful for a Marvel hero. Mach 5 is reasonable. He should stay as he is.

#26 Edited by LeeSensei (387 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, we wouldn't want him to be over-powered. Faster than the speed of light is just too powerful for a Marvel hero. Mach 5 is reasonable. He should stay as he is.

Thor, Doctor Doom, Silver Surfer, Black Bolt, Quasar, Gladiator...

Quicksilver being faster than light is good for me. But not Flash levels of speed because that's just ridiculous imo.

#27 Posted by PietroMaximoffIsTheMan (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is one of the few and he IS a god. Silver Surfer is cosmic. Doom is a villain. Black Bolt lives on the moon and mostly deals with Earth issues if it's cosmic and thus a threat to him. Quasar and Gladiator are mos popular for being unpopular. Those are all still few characters.

Faster than light leaves you too fast for you opponent to even see you. At least with Pietro his villains can somewhat react. Faster than the speed of light is extremely fucking fast. Pietro is still the fastest man on Earth yet has faced many opponents more powerful. Faster than the speed of light would be over kill.

#28 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4885 posts) - - Show Bio

NO then he would be as lame as Flash.

( +)

#29 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

He's his own character. Giving him a speed boost just to compete with the Flash is beyond stupid.

#30 Posted by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.