Follow

Quicksilver

Character » Quicksilver appears in 3405 issues.

Quicksilver is a superhuman with the ability to travel at speeds far beyond the average human. He is the twin brother of the Scarlet Witch. After he and his sister left the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, they became members of the Avengers. Although Quicksilver's loyalties and reliability have long been erratic, his love for his sister has proven constant.

Faster now??

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all,

Just read this weeks 1st issue of Avengers Millennium, so if you haven't read it then don't read on.

My question is has Quicksilver had a speed upgrade..... he is said to be moving at a speed of mach 4.5? I thought his powers were only running up to the speed of sound-770mph?

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdw101: quicksilver moved beyond 770mph years ago but comic fans never paid enough attention to see that. he's been running at high speeds for a while. now take a look at this, he travels from Tibet to Indonesia in seconds. At minimum, Tibet is 4,158 km from Indonesia, and Quicksilver is not by the border. Since this is a two way trip, that is 8316 km. This is 4158000 m/s if you assume it takes 2 seconds for ban-luck to talk, or 9301181.102 mph (Mach 12218.99). but that's just one example

No Caption Provided

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow, thanks for the awesome upload!! the only time I remember him getting faster is when he was involved with the terrigan mists.....

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By micah007123

Never understood why people thought he was slow.....

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: They compare him to DC's speedsters which makes him look slow

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: I hate when people do that. Obviously Flash would be faster, the speed force is quite the ally.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: And and he gets tagged by like Hulk which makes people think it's a detriment to him when it's really just a testament to who he's fighting

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@micah: And and he gets tagged by like Hulk which makes people think it's a detriment to him when it's really just a testament to who he's fighting

Exactly.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cresShadow

quicksilver is more powerful in his own right than people give him credit for and marvel sometimes give quicksilver moments to remind people of that. unlike DC's speedsters with their magic aura, quicksilver still effects the world around him when he runs
    and this little video gives us a look at what he can do

Loading Video...

rezairondroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

he is faster then he was before.... that's the point that i really interested about, i've read Avengers millenium and get so fast and really really excited when i read it.. he is the one and only reason i read it lol... i was so glad that he is get been respect in that..

and also in mighty avengers he is being faster faster than he used to be , that is the coolest thing about his story...

everyone just doesnt ever care with him ,if he is faster... he is always be slow in everyone thought

but i really don't care about that...

rezairondroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rezairondroid

@cresshadow: yes he ever beyond that speed.. i'm glad he is running around in indonesia, that is my country lol

@cdw101 said:

wow, thanks for the awesome upload!! the only time I remember him getting faster is when he was involved with the terrigan mists.....

yes i was thought the same like you..he has been faster than before since that, and marvel not rightly set the top of the speed of him but i know he is faster than before.
    @micah said:

@kgb725: I hate when people do that. Obviously Flash would be faster, the speed force is quite the ally.

@kgb725 said:

@micah: They compare him to DC's speedsters which makes him look slow

yes !! that's exactly right guys, thanks who ever felt the same way like i am thought this thing

marvel should make a planning to make him in a spot as a respected speedster character and make his own solo's comic book if they really wanted make him not useless and and outcast but they keep him been around like this is Uncanny avengers. i just don't know being a speedster in marvel are so hard, but i really loves quicksilver more than flash

please guys if you read this ,join my thread in here : Quicksilver Appreciation

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

just to reiterate what was said in the video, quicksilver doesnt have a magic force like flash to allow him to bend the laws of physics. quicksilver is a danger to everything and everyone around him if he goes to fast. think what flash did to lex luthor in the JLA cartoon. quicksilver can do the same thing if he goes faster than his average speed. now before the flash fans come at me, no quicksilver can go as fast as flash did in that episode but flash only went that fast so that the retaliative speed he was going would cause that amount of damage. in fact, quicksilver has duplicated that feat

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

rezairondroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rezairondroid

@cresshadow: haha yes.. love this comic book , the last one was make me feels great seeing him on the best part like that, he rightly punch that hard with evolutionary.

yeah he can go fast without knowing how far that his fast.. it's cool things for me to kept that way :D

Avatar image for deactivated-61eed97ca43b6
    deactivated-61eed97ca43b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Quicksilver at his topspeed is 13 trillion times faster than light. Due to his picosecond feat

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.