Exactly how fast is he these days?

#1 Posted by Jake Fury (18116 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody got an answer?
#2 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they have given him a top speed since they he has regained his powers.

#3 Posted by Jake Fury (18116 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
"I don't think they have given him a top speed since they he has regained his powers. "

Dagnabbit. I am trying to remember a recent issue. I want to say it was Assault on New Olympus. He said something along the lines of it taking him 92 seconds to run from somewhere. Blast!
#4 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Not nearly as fast as the Flash, that's for sure...

#5 Posted by silverlord90 (221 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently his over Radio Waves, which is faster than light but many people think that was a mistake by the editor, or the writer, dunno. Maybe he is maybe he isn't.

#6 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@silverlord90 said:
Apparently his over Radio Waves, which is faster than light but many people think that was a mistake by the editor, or the writer, dunno. Maybe he is maybe he isn't.
a feat used mainly in Thor battles. (long story) 

I would actually like for that to be clarified to be honest. It did seem odd.
#7 Edited by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing has I think he ran from Tibet to Indonesia in 92 seconds. His calculated speed would be around Mach 300 or 228,350 mph which is way faster then what Northstar can do without causing serious injury to himself. So from this feat alone he is faster then what most people think he is around mach 5, but considering this could be PIS it is moot point. Since most writers wouldn't calculate the speed it would take to get from point A to point B they just want to show he is fast.

#8 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

He has dodged lightning from Thor's hammer before, so that makes him roughly 150,000 ft/s.

#9 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Not sure.

#10 Posted by Chaos Burn (1773 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne: according to an internet calculator thats 312300mph approx

#11 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Burn: Yeah which is no where near mach 5, so once again the writes don't put much thought in to how fast Quicksilver actually goes. I guess that don't care about the character enough to show his actual speed or they throw around numbers thinking the reader won't notice.

#12 Edited by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

Hypersonic and faster than light

hypersonic speeds, such as going 347 miles in 3.7 seconds, which is 98 times the speed of sound. the typical lighting bolt move about 3700 miles per second. That's 17, 499 times the speed of sound. Quicksilver has run from the Himalayas to Indonesia and back in just the few seconds, In the time USA Agent has breif talk with Wasp, and he also travel half the globe (planet) in just 92 seconds.

[Imagen1][Imagen2][Imagen3].

#13 Edited by Erkan12 (2384 posts) - - Show Bio

FTL

#14 Posted by cameron83 (6646 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard that that Radio waves feat was a mistake by the editors or something or just hyperbole.

#15 Posted by agent41 (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12: not even close to FTL speed.

#16 Posted by Erkan12 (2384 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Do you know what radio waves / x-rays / microwaves is ? Its basically light speed.

And its seems like Pietro was pushing his limit there, so its not really weird.

#17 Posted by agent41 (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12: and you should know that his consistent feats are nowhere near light speed,he is one of the slowest speeders in marvel.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.