Follow

"Spawn" Questions

Story arc »

The Hellspawn appears on Earth with little memory of his past. In the shadows, the Violator lurks.

My wallet isn't as happy as me

OzManicTaiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi guys!

I'm 18 Years old and recently bought a Comic, so that I would have something to do/read while riding the train (a 7 hour train) and because I hadn't had the money for a book I bought a comic. I loved it! It brought back some memories and I was hooked right from the beginning. In my childhood I had some X-Men, Simpsons, Futurama and Batman comics.

Now I consider going back to comics, but so much time has passed and I never really was an expert in the field of comics. I don't know where to start or what to read. I live in Switzerland, so it should be very difficult to get my hands on older comics( I don't really like digital ). Luckily some new series started just know. I hope you guys could give me some tips on what to read. I really love the X-Men Universe (Especially Wolverine and Deadpool (the darker style of him)) for its political aspect, I love the idea of Spiderman but the movies weren’t THAT great and I don't find his foes really cool. The new Superman movie was awesome but I would like a more vulnerable character. The comic should be dark and serious, but there can be funny moments in case of deadpool i love it. The Watchmen movie was epic and I love Sin City (but SC lacks of superpowers). By the way is Spawn still around?

I want a deep and mature story, not a shining hero that saves the world again and again.

If you can, please tell me what to read or which writers to follow.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.