Follow

Quasar

Character » Quasar appears in 664 issues.

A former agent of SHIELD, Wendell Vaughn is a cosmic-powered superhero known as Quasar. Equipped with energy-manipulating Quantum Bands, Quasar was appointed Captain Marvel's successor as Protector of the Universe by Eon, and has been a valued member of the Avengers and ally to the Guardians of the Galaxy. In the past, he was in charge of Project PEGASUS, led the short-lived teams the Starmasters and the Annihilators, and acted as Avatar of Infinity.

Should Vaughn (Dark Quasar) be given his own page?

The Gray Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By The Gray Fox

Vaughn
    Vaughn

I've been thinking about whether Vaughn (a.k.a. Dark Quasar) of The Cancerverse should have a page of his own, but I wanted to get some opinions from my fellow Viners before even considering making Vaughn a page of his own. Sure, Vaughn might be an alternate reality version of Quasar but he's so different from his mainstream counterpart that I can't help but think of them as being two entirely different men, it's like how Supergirl and Power Girl are perceived as two completely different women even though they alternate versions of one another.

I don't know about you guys, but I can't see any resemblance between these two.
    I don't know about you guys, but I can't see any resemblance between these two.

When you compare the two, you can see that there are very large gaps keeping Vaughn from being a "traditional character counterpart" like the ones seen in the What If? comics. For instance, Quasar himself is powered solely by The Quantum Bands whereas Vaughn is also an Adept who primarily specializes in scrying, divination and summoning magic and can reinforce his cosmic energy blasts with offensive spells. Then there is his physical appearance, he looks like a Dark Elf from...well, almost anything that was spawned from the Fantasy genre and only looks like our Wendell when he uses his shape-shifting powers.

Even the way he talks is different, and I'm not talking about how well versed he is in the language of Chthulu, I'm talking about the way he forms speech and talks to others. When he's around authority figures (especially Lord Mar-Vell) he never speaks to them in a casual manner, he never cuts them off while they are in the middle of speaking and even though he does voice his opinions on certain subjects, he does it in a far more respectable manner than Quasar, Nova, etc. ever have. 

He also doesn't freak out and curse up a storm if things don't go his way. Though...when he's in battle, his attitude does change somewhat, and tends to curse in Chthuluspeak.

He's very informative, too.
    He's very informative, too.

IMHO, the only things I think Vaughn and Quasar really have in common are their given names and that they both ended up becoming wielders of The Quantum Bands in their respective universes. So, anyways, what do you all think? Should Vaughn be given his own profile page like Power Girl, Marvel Universe and King Hyperion before him or remain bound solely to the alternate realities section of Quasar's profile page?
    Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Night Thrasher

I think it should go under the current Quasar page. Maybe under "alternate versions" section.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

He's not a different character...so no.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @Vance Astro said:
    " He's not a different character...so no. "
    He also won't be around past The Thanos Imperative, if I was a betting man, which I am. *throws a hundred down on him being gone by the end of the arc* :)
    jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By jeanroygrant

No

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.