Follow

Quasar

Character » Quasar appears in 664 issues.

A former agent of SHIELD, Wendell Vaughn is a cosmic-powered superhero known as Quasar. Equipped with energy-manipulating Quantum Bands, Quasar was appointed Captain Marvel's successor as Protector of the Universe by Eon, and has been a valued member of the Avengers and ally to the Guardians of the Galaxy. In the past, he was in charge of Project PEGASUS, led the short-lived teams the Starmasters and the Annihilators, and acted as Avatar of Infinity.

Quasar discussion

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Alright, I've been reading Annihilation conquest and I've actually attained a liking for Phyla-Vell. It's very interesting how her personal feelings dictate her moves and what her constructs are.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Eternal Chaos says:

"Alright, I've been reading Annihilation conquest and I've actually attained a liking for Phyla-Vell. It's very interesting how her personal feelings dictate her moves and what her constructs are. "

I agree.I really like Phylla.She reminds me of Wonder Woman and Green Lantern.I don't like her relatonship with Moondragon though.Not enough touching lol.An Moondragon turned into an actual dragon...that was stupid.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zee crusher

Well all i can say is you can't beat the classics and from what i've seen now i miss the old Quasar i don't hate the new one who is a woman just like loki is a women as well but the original quasar had some of the strongest vilians even maelstorm who could laugh at galactus and thanos while they threw their most powerful hits. He fought anomly who couldn't gt hurt or beaten till he met Quasar lol an lastly Quasay met the super hero maker and kill i forgot their names but they were pretty strong.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Satyrquaze

This should be titled the "Phyla-Vell discussion" as she's not Quasar.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By fesak  Moderator

She's the current Quasar.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Satyrquaze

Yeah, and Bucky Barnes is the 'current' Captain America, Damian Wayne may or may not become Batman just as Azrael was Batman for a while... just because you call yourself by a particular name doesn't make it true.

She's also claiming to be the "Protector of the Universe", but I didn't see her get appointed by Epoch.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fesak  Moderator

So it's only the first bearer of a name that's entitled to it?

In that case i can inform you that there were 2 other Quasars before Wendell Vaughn.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Satyrquaze

It's not about that, and I suspect you realize that. It wasn't about that for the Hal Jordan/Green Lantern fans when Kyle Rayner replaced him. Very few people were bringing up Alan Scott.

It's about a character who carried the name and attributes for 20+ years (actually this year marks the 30th anniversary of Quasar's creation but he started out being called Marvel Boy) and then being unceremoniously killed off and replaced by a character who never met him and takes over his powers and title.
    Post Edited:2008-04-09 12:12:18

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Yeah, i agree it's a bit disrespectful to old fans, and also confusing to new fans. It seems to be hard to come up with new names.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Satyrquaze

Well, Marvel is running a business and apparently Wendell Vaughn wasn't selling comics... I just don't know if Phyla is selling anymore than Wendell did, so I don't see the logic.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Probably because when a character is killed off an de-named like this it tends to spark interest in fans that go out and complain on the internet, so that they can bring said character back after enough people joins the complaining.

Some character seems to be most popular when they're dead.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Satyrquaze

Agreed.

Stingerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Stingerman

Satyrquaze says:

"Well, Marvel is running a business and apparently Wendell Vaughn wasn't selling comics... I just don't know if Phyla is selling anymore than Wendell did, so I don't see the logic."

What do you mean: wasn't selling comics? Maybe if marvel put as much effort and resources into Quasar as they have One More Dollar, Quasar would be known and liked. From day 1 Marvel editorial has screwed with Quasar, whether its the paper the original Quasar was printed on or cutting the number of Star Masters issues, Q has been continually disrespected. What? Is only Starlin allowed to write cosmic? BS!
    Post Edited:2008-05-17 00:58:03

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Satyrquaze

I agree with you, I'm just appling the same logic that Joe Q. used against Wendell to Phyla.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.