Annihilation : QUASAR

#1 Posted by GoocherLee (365 posts) - - Show Bio

I recently finished reading issue #1 in this miniseries.

1st Impression: This better be going somewhere.

I like a good sci-fi based adventure, but what I'm getting with this new Quasar is drama. The whole "new to the hero role" has been done before, and I must admit done better, too. It was more intriguing witnessing Kyle Rayner accept his newly appointed role as the last Green Lantern than it was reading about poor Phyla-Vell and her life-partner Moondragon bumbling around the fringes of Kree space.

Don't get me wrong, though. There were some great foreshadows of things to come. [Anybody else spot Adam Warlock's regeneration cocoon in issue #1 behind Wraith's head? WooHoo! Bring back Warlock, darnit! Of course, it will probably be "Her's" cocoon, but... we'll see.]

Overall: Like it, can't wait until it actually goes somewhere.

#2 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

BRING WENDELL BACK!

#3 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"BRING WENDELL BACK!"

Ditto. I don't care spit about this new character.

#4 Posted by GoocherLee (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Wendell?

Maybe he's chillin' with Warlock and Jean Grey on the far side of oblivion waiting their turn to come back into prominence in the 616 Marvelverse.

HEY! Maybe its like BINGO and Wendell just has no luck?

:)

#5 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing interesting about her is the fact that (OMG SHE'S A) lesbian.

It's just tiresome.

#6 Posted by GoocherLee (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed, but I'm willing to give her a shot [no pun intended].

I did like some of Vaughn's adventures, especially the one's centering around Kismet and Starbrand,

but overall Wendell's adventures seemed lacking in the "OMG" department. His death was

the greatest thing I've ever read about him. [No offense, just my opinion.]

#7 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

GoocherLee says:

"Agreed, but I'm willing to give her a shot [no pun intended]. I did like some of Vaughn's adventures, especially the one's centering around Kismet and Starbrand, but overall Wendell's adventures seemed lacking in the "OMG" department. His death was the greatest thing I've ever read about him. [No offense, just my opinion.]"

'Cosmos in Collision', Journey into Mystery'... He was so different than any other character that showed up at about the same time (1989). He was a pacifist surrounded by mutants with claws.

#8 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"The only thing interesting about her is the fact that (OMG SHE'S A) lesbian."

Yeah, and even that whole scenario feels forced and unnatural. It's probably the writing....

#9 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

GoocherLee says:

"I recently finished reading issue #1 in this miniseries. 1st Impression: This better be going somewhere. I like a good sci-fi based adventure, but what I'm getting with this new Quasar is drama. The whole "new to the hero role" has been done before, and I must admit done better, too. It was more intriguing witnessing Kyle Rayner accept his newly appointed role as the last Green Lantern than it was reading about poor Phyla-Vell and her life-partner Moondragon bumbling around the fringes of Kree space. Don't get me wrong, though. There were some great foreshadows of things to come. [Anybody else spot Adam Warlock's regeneration cocoon in issue #1 behind Wraith's head? WooHoo! Bring back Warlock, darnit! Of course, it will probably be "Her's" cocoon, but... we'll see.] Overall: Like it, can't wait until it actually goes somewhere."

Did you get a hold of a pre-release issue or was it released today?

#10 Posted by GoocherLee (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Ummm.... I don't know. It was packed in with my usual monthly delivery.

I'm pretty sure all of the Annihilation spin-offs are published this month [July].

#11 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Was it the "Annihilation: Conquest" prologue or Quasar #1?

#12 Posted by GoocherLee (365 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by GoocherLee (365 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Stingerman (8 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Scene Kid (327 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"BRING WENDELL BACK! "

Thats what the fucc im saying

#16 Posted by Stingerman (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is some information for those interested. Sign up for the Bring Back Wendell Vaughn as Quasar newsletter:

https://app.expressemailmarketing.com/Survey.aspx?SFID=35850 go sign the petition:

http://www.bringbackwendell.com
Post Edited:2007-08-21 22:29:33

#17 Posted by Stingerman (8 posts) - - Show Bio

www.bringbackwendell.com

sites just been updated with html pages and a gallery section!

#18 Posted by GoocherLee (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Still not back yet, and now Quasar swings both ways apparently.

And man did they f up Gamora.

#19 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

Coulda sworn I saw Quasar. What was I reading? Was it Nova?

#20 Edited by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"Coulda sworn I saw Quasar. What was I reading? Was it Nova?"
Yea..he appeared at the end of the last Nova.This is Secret Invasion time though so it might be a skrull.
#21 Posted by Namor1987 (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

why  would he be a Skrull if he's the weapon used to fight the Skrulls? jw maybe phyla-vell is a skrull

#22 Posted by Namor1987 (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

why  would he be a Skrull if he's the weapon used to fight the Skrulls? jw maybe phyla-vell is a skrull

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.