gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

The first issue of QUANTUM AND WOODY introduced us to the two "brothers." Like many brothers, these guys don't completely get along. The thing is, Woody is a completely irresponsible guy that was taken in by Eric's father at a young age. Eric is a pretty uptight guy. Put the two together and things are going to get messy. Their father was working on some top secret stuff. He was killed over it and an accident gave the two powers (seriously, you need to check out the first issue if you haven't already).

Now that the set up is on the table, James Asmus unleashes his story upon us. What we get is two guys, not fully aware of what their new powers are about, an army of police officers pointing guns at them and they're completely naked.

This is a funny comic. It's not often I find myself snickering and trying to keep it contained so others around me don't give me odd looks (I get that enough on a normal basis as it is). The key here is it's not just set out to be a funny comic. There is a lot of humor but it's not a complete satire that just becomes completely farfetched. This book fits perfectly within the Valiant Universe. There are some serious issues (their dad was murdered and there are other 'evil' people out there wanting his research).

I really dig Tom Fowler's art here. It's like he just dives right in and goes to town with the script. It's great seeing an artist take the reigns and simply own the characters. With a character like Woody, there's some crazy things that happen. I'm not sure what's funnier, what Woody does or Eric's reaction to it. The way Fowler draws the expressions is priceless.

The Bad

This comic does tread into some slightly 'wrong' territory. But because we're all a little juvenile, it's pretty dang funny.

The Verdict

This comic is so much fun. Reading this comic is like ordering a pizza from your favorite place only to discover they gave you an extra side of cheesy bread. James Asmus brilliantly balances action, mystery and humor in this issue. Having the main characters basically be complete opposites sets the stage for anything to happen. You might not want someone like Woody in your life but you're going to love reading him in this comic. Everyone needs more Quantum and Woody in their lives. And for fans of urination, there is another pee reference!

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Comic of the month? I laughed so so much whilst reading this.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

another brilliant addition to the Valiant line-up

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

OMG!!!

I laughed so hard!!!!
    Shit!!! This was hilarious!

Comic of the month? I laughed so so much whilst reading this.

Absolutely!!!!

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#4  Edited By Extremis

Amazing second issue. Once again, to those still skipping out on Valiant it's not too late, not by a long shot. Get on board with this wonderful comic! Also, UNiTY coming up so now is as good as ever to get those X-O and Harby trades.

5/5 from me. Valiant continues to raise the bar. Fowler and Asmus are gods in their own pee drizzled world (if you read the comic you'd understand).

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Oh man, this is the first Valiant series I'm getting into and I was just blown away by this issue. When I heard the tag line "world's worst superheroes" I thought it would be too overbearingly goofy. Boy was I wrong. Woody is hilarious in a very down to Earth way and Erik is like the perfect straight-man to counter balance that. There's no way I can stop reading this awesome book. Carboom!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.