Pyro/Iceman X3

#1 Posted by scoobydiesel (6 posts) - - Show Bio

should have gone on longer...i waited for that for the whole movie and then we really didnt get much, but it was better then nothing...

#2 Posted by Captain Cascader (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

X3 was kind of a big let-down for me. It wasn't horrible, but I thought X2 was a much better movie. And the juggernaut... was.. well... a little too excited to be the Juggernaut.

Staff
#3 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Cascader says:

And the juggernaut... was.. well... a little too excited to be the Juggernaut."

Lol, best way to put it.

#4 Posted by Valiant Paladin (36 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldn't stand X3. as a movie, it was intresting. as a reference to a comic book, it was shoddy. They wrapped the entire movie around certian people, even to the point of killing off main characters to make certain actresses happy cough Halle Barry cough. And the Juggernaut wasn't the Juggernaut. He was a British idiot who was there just for one cheap reference to an internet video.sigh I miss Brian Singer. At least he got it right in the second one.

But the Pyro/Iceman fight was the one good point of the movie for me. Seeing iceman go solid, woah. I jumped up and started clapping in the theatre.
Post Edited:2006-12-14 21:06:54

#5 Posted by Zombie Boy (35 posts) - - Show Bio

see when i went to see x3, i was under the impression i was going to see a story about the xmen, not wolvie and his amazing friends...

i mean colossus had one damn line in the whole thing...

and dont even get me started on angel...

also why the hell did they make up villians for taht movie...there are too many xbaddies as it is...with out pincushion boy

#6 Posted by Son_of_El (23 posts) - - Show Bio

were a lot of them really made up? im sure you know more about the xmen universe than i do, but i just assumed that most of them were real, just without explicitly saying their names. like i thought that guy was "spike" or something, who i have seen introduced in recent cartoons i think. idk.

#7 Posted by Valiant Paladin (36 posts) - - Show Bio

in the credits, they labled the spikey guy as "kid omega". kid omega is the super genius mutant that started the uprising in new x-men. they're nowhere near the same character. they also completely redid callisto. if someone ate a bunch of taco bell with bad lettuce, and an x-men comic at the same time, the end result would be x3, if you catch my drift.

#8 Posted by valinorbob (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I feel that if you remove everything in X3 that had to do with Jean Grey, it was the best of the 3. The story was decent, I could easily imagine that as a comic book story arc. The action was great. Magneto was awesome, as always. I felt that Colossus did not get enough screen time, though. Wolvie running through the forest hacking people up is very in character for him. Storm's stoopid spin really fast and knock people around move was really gay, but then they completely screwed Storm up in all the movies, from casting to dialog to idiotic uses of her powers. I thought the Juggernaut was fine, a little too enthusiastic perhaps, but he did a good job of smashing things and being "unstoppable", and the fight between him and Wolverine was pretty good; I really would have liked to see him and Colossus slug it out a bit, though. It also would have been better to have the real character with his ties to Xavier, but they only have so much time to work with.

In the end, I'm sure they killed off some characters because they had said they wouldn't do any more movies, and they either a) wouldn't find a decent replacement(Xavier) or b) they just weren't a popular character(Cyclops). Jean, of course, could always come back, but I'm pretty sure the X movies are done at least for a while. They'll probably try a spin off or 2 after a few years like New X-men or Generation X(anyone remember that TV Movie?), but they will fail because they won't have a big enough budget or a good director. Then they'll try to make a quick buck on X-Men 4, but with mostly new actors and it will flop, then they'll just stop making X movies for good.

#9 Posted by Teh_Exploder (80 posts) - - Show Bio

At the end of the movie when the comatose guy wakes and noira says charles! some old lady in front of us asks Who's chareles I laughed so hard i cried!

#10 Posted by nightmere master (53 posts) - - Show Bio

pyro vs iceman PYRO SHOULD WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! p.s. i have seen the movie
Post Edited:2007-09-27 20:06:14

#11 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84514 posts) - - Show Bio

nightmere master says:

"pyro vs iceman PYRO WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! p.s. i have seen the movie"

In what world?

#12 Posted by nightmere master (53 posts) - - Show Bio

pyro

#13 Posted by x-man (1 posts) - - Show Bio

pyro is real cool

#14 Posted by Sheep-Kill (617 posts) - - Show Bio

There could have been move rolling in the dirt and most importantly, more sliding on ice in the air and fire in the shape of hawks and snakes. Pyros was my favorite character in the movie series. But could it kill the writers to give him an Austrailian accent?

#15 Posted by Sheep-Kill (617 posts) - - Show Bio

There could have been move rolling in the dirt and most importantly, more sliding on ice in the air and fire in the shape of hawks and snakes. Pyros was my favorite character in the movie series. But could it kill the writers to give him an Austrailian accent?

#16 Posted by IcePrince_X (4849 posts) - - Show Bio

X3 was a bit disappointing with for me. Wished the real phoenix manifested itself in a higher scale and not just a fountain spray.

as for the fight of the two, yap! its best that they be given a longer fighting scene. Iceman is the clear winner for me.

#17 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

X3 my favorite parts where the funny ones.. the movie was good but compare to the x2 well dont cut it besides the way they "KILL" Jean gray even if i dont like her sucked... i expected more.. but i bet the people love it cause they made their god wolverine look good...

but i love when kitty pulls joggy to the ground even if i didnt like what he said to hr but it was funny..

"you knowe who i am? im the juggernaut B!t&%..

good thing kitty got him back...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.