inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The Good

I'm really digging the story here. I like the idea of someone cloning Jesus and birthing said character through a baby. I've enjoyed the reality television aspect to it all as well. This is a big new world and there is tons of stuff going on, but it's incredibly intriguing and it's so much fun to watch it all unfold before your eyes.

Thomas' character grows a bit in this issue. We find out a bit more about his past, and what makes him tick. He becomes increasingly interesting as the story progresses.

Slate is probably the most intriguing character in this book. He's a stereotypical selfish scumbag, and the essential antagonist to this story. I love seeing the little things he does in this issue in order to make things more exciting for the home viewers of J2.

Sean Murphy has created a really great world here. I love everything he set up in the first issue and where it has progressed to in the second issue.

Sean Murphy also does the art on this book, and I really like his style. I love how he shades using dots and cross-hatching. It gives the book a hint of pop-art.

The Bad

The only problem I have with this book is that I wish there was color in it, and not because it's too tough for me to enjoy a black and white book. Murphy books a lot of detail into his work, and at times because it's only black and white, the detail becomes a bit muddled.

The Verdict

PUNK ROCK JESUS is a fantastic book in a big, new world all created by Sean Murphy. I find myself really enjoying a lot of these characters and the world they live in. Murphy's storytelling is great here, and so is his art style. On the down side, I wish there was color in this book because at times, the art can become muddled and it's a bit confusing.

Overall, I highly recommend this book.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.