gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    For those saddened by the "death" of Frank Castle and birth of FrankenCastle, you can still get hardcore Punisher action here.

The Good

Violence. I'm not at all saying a book has to have violence in order to be good but with a character like the Punisher (and Bullseye), it makes perfect sense to have it. It was also great when we get a little refresher on some of Bullseye's earlier work. Just hearing about some of his past kill missions sets up how crazy and deadly he is (and should be). There was one part where Bullseye was "interrogating" someone and the way he "ended" it gave me one of those nervous chuckles you get when you see someone gruesome and funny at the same time.

In just a few panels, we get gain so much insight on both the Punisher and Bullseye. This may be a story from the past but it moves along and keeps you on the edge of your seat.

The Bad

I like Steve Dillon's art but sometimes the way he draws eyes just freaks me out. I also have to mention a panel in which Bullseye smiled that looked creepy and weird at the same time.

The Verdict - 4.5/5

I'd forgotten how cool a Punisher story could be. I do like the FrankenCastle stories but this simply different. The Punisher and Bullseye should both be portrayed as crazy and deadly characters. Being a "Max" book allows there to be more adult situations including the violence and language. I've liked Frank's appearances in the regular Marvel books but this is almost like a whole new character. Keep this one away from the kids. I just hope the final confrontation between Punisher and Bullseye won't be a let down.
    Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Gylan Thomas
    @aztek the lost said:
    "This is one of those few Marvel books that has really grabbed my attention every month. Plus, it's written by one of my favorite writers. I'll have to check this out if ComicVine approves! "

Don't let comicvine tell you what to do bud.
    VenomMagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By VenomMagus

"Keep away from the kids"?!  Why, with all the bad things I'm exposing them to anyw- I mean, the schools are largely to blame.  (*cough*) At any rate, Bullseye/Punisher need this level of violence (maybe not the language, but it doesn't feel gratuitious) because that's the type of character they are!  I think THAT is the prime reason Punisher never enjoyed much comercial success.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.