Would U Buy It #11: "What If? Punisher"

Posted by cbishop (7475 posts) - - Show Bio
#DateWelcome to WUBI # 11:Choose Your View:Attached to Forum:Back/ Next
1110/05/10What If? Punisher(Blog) (Forum)Punisher(Back) (Next)

We all have trade paperback (TPB) collections we'd like to see. Here's one of mine:

Proposed Title:What If? Punisher.
Alternate Title:Punisher: What If?.
Collecting 13 Issues:
Covers: (click to enlarge)
TPB Cover: What If (1989) #26

I threw in the crossovers just to make it a nice, fat 13 issue TPB, and because I think of crossovers as What If's, since they're not usually in continuity. Mostly though, it's just for the grins. On those occasions that I am in the mood for a Punisher story, a nice thick TPB makes me happy. If you're wondering about the Wolverine issue, look real close at the cover, and you tell me why it's here.

For the cover, I'd use What If (1989) #26, because it's the best What If? cover for showing a good picture of Punisher, and making you ask a question of "What the heck is going on here?"

Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for reading.

More WUBI:

Back/ Next#DateWhich WUBI will it be:
Back:1010/05/10What If? Wolverine, Vol. 1-2
Next:1210/05/10What If? X-Men, Vol. 1-3

Want more WUBI?ViewTheIndex
Full WUBI Index:(numerical order)(alphabetical order)(categorized)

Thanks again!

#1 Posted by Jotham (4512 posts) - - Show Bio

There was an Eminem/Punisher comic? And Punisher didn't kill Eminem?

#2 Edited by cbishop (7475 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jotham said:

"There was an Eminem/Punisher comic? And Punisher didn't kill Eminem? "

I had never heard of that title, before I started pulling this blog together. I almost didn't include it, but it is a curiosity, so I threw it in.

#3 Posted by MatKrenz (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

I would totally buy this.

#4 Edited by cbishop (7475 posts) - - Show Bio

@MatKrenz said:

"I would totally buy this. "

I thought it was cool that there were 6 What If issues related to the Punisher, but the crossovers just sweeten it for me. Especially since I've been wanting to read Punisher/ Painkiller Jane, and think the Batman/ Punisher crossovers (and Archie/ Punisher) were awesome. I think this would be one of the first ones I'd snatch up, although I really like the Thor book - I was surprised at how many Thor-related issues there were too.

#5 Posted by ComicStooge (14040 posts) - - Show Bio

Definatly Buy it.
#6 Posted by cbishop (7475 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicStooge: Yeah, I think this one's pretty neat, but that Eminem/ Punisher book is tripping me out.  What an oddity.
#7 Posted by spidey 15 (17693 posts) - - Show Bio

I never liked any kind of what ifs? to be honest. 
=]

#8 Posted by cbishop (7475 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15: Hey, that's perfectly fair... but you're gonna hate about fifteen or twenty of my other WUBI's. lol ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.