Follow

Punisher

Character » Punisher appears in 2803 issues.

When U.S. Marine veteran Frank Castle's family's was murdered for witnessing a mob hit, the man vowed to avenge their deaths and became a one-man army in his personal war against the criminal underworld. With a distinct death's head skull adorning his chest, Frank Castle became the vigilante known as the Punisher.

Why isn't he......

bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bringdeath

Why isn't frank a more popular character in marvel.I'm a die hard fan of the punisher....... So I was just wonderin why you guys think that frank isn't a more popular
    Character and please no arguments and please do not ridicule the punisher let's just have a fun discussion.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Probably because the most popular characters can be geared more towards kids. The Punisher no matter how you cut it is for the older crowd.

Also Stan Lee was never a fan of the Punisher because he thinks heroes shouldn't kill.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Aronmorales

Punisher is a gun-totting psycho, not very good image for kids.

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Kastiel

To be frank, too many guns and exploding weapons.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @Aronmorales: Is it just because he carries guns he's not a good role model or is just the psycho part?
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By Zoom

Because he sucks. lololololololol

bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bringdeath
    @Zoom said:
    "Because he sucks. lololololololol "

No bashing please... I love the punisher I am fifteen years old and he's been my favorite for six years now....and i'm obsessed.
    This is gonna sound crazy but i look up to the punisher he's my role model in a good way not the kill everything kinda way just the
    protector of the innocent kinda way.. I mean is wish i had that..
    Avatar image for celestialheroin
    celestialheroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By celestialheroin

Because even if he does protect the innocent he still pretty much a cold blooded killer. Thats what he does.

If he didnt kill people, just kinda beat them up and left them for the cops, he would be up there in popularity with spidey, hulk ,and wolverine. But he kills and you cant market a killer to children because there parents wouldnt let them buy his products.

P.S. : I like punisher too
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Zoom
    @bringdeath said:
    "I am fifteen years old and he's been my favorite for six years now....and i'm obsessed.This is gonna sound crazy but i look up to the punisher he's my role model"
    All of which would explain why you choose the handle "bringdeath"
    Detective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Detective

Punisher is tied with Deadpool for my favorite character, i loved the Garth Ennis MAX series, the problem is you cant really commercalize Punisher to a young audience

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By castleking

* cough wolverine is also a colded blooded killer, half the time he doesnt kill is because ppl like cap and spidey stop him but, logan still gets away with it.  deadpool is also another marvel favorite who kills, not sure why frank is not as popular as them maybe its just his stories dont appeal to the mass audience, he needs to kill more superpower ppl in order to get more ppl to read him.

Detective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Detective

^^Deadpool is liked because of his personallity, and alot of tiems in cartoons involving Wolverine he can be lightened up and be good for a young audience where as if you lighten down Punisher and his stories its not even Punisher anymore

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By geraldthesloth

Frank is really popular right now..I recommend you read his dark reign tie ins..There the best in marvel ATM.

and max if your mom will let you get it.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By castleking

^^ hell all logan did in the 80's and early 90's was kill hell, punisher knows logan has killed more ppl then him. if they can lighten logan up they can lighten punisher too. hell, punisher originally didnt kill he used mercy bullets so he would just go back to his old ways.  :)

bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bringdeath

@castleking said:

"^^ hell all logan did in the 80's and early 90's was kill hell, punisher knows logan has killed more ppl then him. if they can lighten logan up they can lighten punisher too. hell, punisher originally didnt kill he used mercy bullets so he would just go back to his old ways.  :)"

Yea but ol wolvy ... in my opinion in MY OPINION he's a lot softer nowaday theh he used to be and frank 's well stayed the same except for "cough" war journal "cough"
    bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bringdeath
    @Punish3r said:
    "Man I love the Punisher to death, the MAX version, Garth Ennis' baby. But we gotta accept that Punisher is not made for kids and we all know it will sell more if the kids are buying it. I don't think selling MAX to kids is a good idea. But it doesn't mean that the Punisher is just a B-character. The fans' support is the reason why big ol' Frank is a kick-ass comic. Bear that in mind bringdeath, my friend."

Dude for the love of God  stop bustin my chops about the punisher ...this is gonna sound absurd but frank is the only male rolemodel in my life I live for the punisher i understand ur a major fan but please ,so am I so please jus stop bustin my chops about Frank To me He's An A character and just wanted to know without any bashing why other's don't think he is so please just leave me alone ...........please.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.