Follow

Punisher

Character » Punisher appears in 2804 issues.

When U.S. Marine veteran Frank Castle's family's was murdered for witnessing a mob hit, the man vowed to avenge their deaths and became a one-man army in his personal war against the criminal underworld. With a distinct death's head skull adorning his chest, Frank Castle became the vigilante known as the Punisher.

Who should play The Punisher if he gets a reboot???

andrsboes82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who should play The Punisher if he gets a reboot??? (5 votes)

Tom Hardy 60%
    Frank Grillo 20%
    Colin Farrell 20%
    Mark Wahlberg 0%
    Taylor Kitsch 0%
     • 
    Tensta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

To be honest, hopefully none of them but out of those five Frank Grillo.

I´ve yet to see the perfect fit for the role

Avatar image for davethepunisher
    DaveThePunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I agree... the list is terrible. I like Grillo but he's already crossbones. Seeing him in The Purge: Anarchy made me think he could pull off the role of The Punisher... but no. He's a little too friendly looking.

After seeing Dredd, I'd definitely go with Karl Urban. He showed that he can respect the source material in Dredd (especially by not ever taking off the helmet)... I think if they ever did a movie or TV show, Urban would be a great fit. He can pull off a young (late 30's, early 40's) Frank Castle in the beginning stages of his career.

Either way, whomever they get, I just hope the guy is big and muscular. Frank Castle has to go fist to fist with the likes of Daredevil, Wolverine, Cap America, etc... he needs to look like he is physically able to fight them and win. I might even make a vote for Mickey Rourke (if he can get into The Wrestler or Iron Man 2 shape again). He can pull off an old MAX Frank Castle PERFECTLY!

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By The Lobster

After Watching Hell On Wheels, I think Anson Mount would absolutely nail the role. He's got the look, the tough but quiet speech.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

bronze tiger actor.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The guy who played Crossbones in Winter Soldier would have been perfect for the role.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.