who had the most Honest and reasonable response?

Posted by starrk_coyote (620 posts) - - Show Bio

who do you guys think had the most   Honest and reasonable response  to the lost of a love one.  

take batman and the punisher for a example...

 
when batman,lost he's parents he was 8 years old, no i am not a psychologist, but from what i know kids do not have the moral judgment of any kid...there for a kid frightened as he mey be would still attck the killer do not think so? ? ?    
 
and now the punisher,when he lost he's family he was in say 30 to 45 years old range ? ? ?  and after YEARS of working with the FBI and police been part of law enforcement and years of military training, have all ready a STRONG AND WELL MADE moral judgment ability ? ? 
    
( i am working off the 2004 movie take that to note)
 
tell me what YOU think ? who in YOUR eyes is the most honest and reasonable character between them ? ? ? 
#1 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither is trully reasonable, Punisher doesn't give many second chances, where as Batman hands them out like candy. Say what you will about Punisher but he doesn't have any grand delusions like Batman, Punisher knows his is a never ending war of crime. Batman just perpetuates the capture bad guy, lock up, bad guy escapes, kills again.. rinse and repeat cycle of dealing with comic book bad guys.
 
Although I am sure if Punisher dealt with more "main" stream bad guys his cycle would be much the same. I mean Batman would be a pretty boring character if it wasn't for his rogue gallery.

#2 Posted by Pokeysteve (8018 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it's fair to compare their reactions. Having your wife and children murdered in front of you is not the same as your parents (I imagine). Bruce had time to think about it. He grew up as he made his choices. Frank on the other hand was already an adult. He used the skill set he already had.  
 
In my eyes Punisher is the most honest (Bruce lies to frickin everyone) and Batman is possibly the more reasonable. Then again dressing up like a bat and putting bad guys away only to see them break out and kill hundreds of people time and time again isn't very reasonable. Doing the same thing multiple times and expecting different results is the definition of unreasonable (and crazy I think haha).

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12492 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pokeysteve said:
I don't think it's fair to compare their reactions. Having your wife and children murdered in front of you is not the same as your parents (I imagine). Bruce had time to think about it. He grew up as he made his choices. Frank on the other hand was already an adult. He used the skill set he already had.   In my eyes Punisher is the most honest (Bruce lies to frickin everyone) and Batman is possibly the more reasonable. Then again dressing up like a bat and putting bad guys away only to see them break out and kill hundreds of people time and time again isn't very reasonable. Doing the same thing multiple times and expecting different results is the definition of unreasonable (and crazy I think haha).
this
#4 Posted by SC (12675 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus. His loved ones were killed alongside his planet and so now he eats other peoples planets. Proving once and for all, you can't throw old dogs from glass houses. 

Moderator
#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Pokeysteve. I do like the Punisher's approach more though.Killing villains so that they don't hurt more innocent people does seem more logical but as a hero the whole "I can't kill because if I do I'll be no better than them" mentality comes into play.Good thing Punisher doesn't consider himself a superhero.

Moderator
#6 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
Galactus. His loved ones were killed alongside his planet and so now he eats other peoples planets. Proving once and for all, you can't throw old dogs from glass houses. 

Miss Random strikes again, thanks to you Galactus will now turn our planet into a Galactus snack. Now I gotta find a cosmic powered Aunt May and a box of Hostess Fruitcakes to prevent this.
#7 Posted by 9th Wonder (217 posts) - - Show Bio
@MTHarman said:
@SC said:
Galactus. His loved ones were killed alongside his planet and so now he eats other peoples planets. Proving once and for all, you can't throw old dogs from glass houses. 
Miss Random strikes again, thanks to you Galactus will now turn our planet into a Galactus snack. Now I gotta find a cosmic powered Aunt May and a box of Hostess Fruitcakes to prevent this.
LOL @ Cosmic level Aunt May.
#8 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say that Batman does because of how the death of his parents was the start of Bruce's fanatic quest to stop crime. For Punisher I would say he's the least honest because of how I realized that he started using his dead family as an excuse for his own war (or maybe it was bad writing).
#9 Edited by entropy_aegis (14205 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pokeysteve said:

I don't think it's fair to compare their reactions. Having your wife and children murdered in front of you is not the same as your parents (I imagine). Bruce had time to think about it. He grew up as he made his choices. Frank on the other hand was already an adult. He used the skill set he already had.   In my eyes Punisher is the most honest (Bruce lies to frickin everyone) and Batman is possibly the more reasonable. Then again dressing up like a bat and putting bad guys away only to see them break out and kill hundreds of people time and time again isn't very reasonable. Doing the same thing multiple times and expecting different results is the definition of unreasonable (and crazy I think haha).

Who has he lied to?
#10 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it upsetting that people don't think Alfred is a good model for moral character. As for my decision, I agree with this man: 

@SC said:

Galactus. His loved ones were killed alongside his planet and so now he eats other peoples planets. Proving once and for all, you can't throw old dogs from glass houses. 
#11 Edited by kev17 (332 posts) - - Show Bio

The Punisher's motivation is a love of war. Batman wants to make the world a better place. both are incredibly honest men, they wouldnt lie about who and what they are and neither of them are crazy, They have rules about what they do. true psychos have no rules.

motivation wise, id say batman is more reasonable though, but ill not deny that the punisher has his uses, even if he never really changes anything.

#12 Posted by starrk_coyote (620 posts) - - Show Bio

ok guys...but would you not agreed that a kid would have a biger and more Violent reaction to someone death well an adult would take he's time to let it sinking to him??? do you not think that bat's reaction would have been more violent in it nature? ? ? ?

#13 Posted by fsdfsdf (1 posts) - - Show Bio

One is always on a strange road, watching strange scenery and listening to strange music. [url=http://www.edmontonasianescort.com/]Edmonton Escort[/url] Then one day, you will find that the things you try hard to forget are already gone. [url=http://www.edmontonasianescort.com/]Edmonton Escort[/url]

Happiness is not about being immortal nor having food or rights in one's hand. [url=http://www.edmontonasianescort.com/]Edmonton Asian Escort[/url] It’s about having each tiny wish come true, or having something to eat when you are hungry or having someone's love when you need love. [url=http://www.edmontonasianescort.com/]Edmonton Asian Escort[/url]

#14 Posted by starrk_coyote (620 posts) - - Show Bio

@fsdfsdf said:

One is always on a strange road, watching strange scenery and listening to strange music. [url=http://www.edmontonasianescort.com/]Edmonton Escort[/url] Then one day, you will find that the things you try hard to forget are already gone. [url=http://www.edmontonasianescort.com/]Edmonton Escort[/url]

Happiness is not about being immortal nor having food or rights in one's hand. [url=http://www.edmontonasianescort.com/]Edmonton Asian Escort[/url] It’s about having each tiny wish come true, or having something to eat when you are hungry or having someone's love when you need love. [url=http://www.edmontonasianescort.com/]Edmonton Asian Escort[/url]

hmmmm.........thanks???? O.o you ????? O.o for the comment ?????

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.