What Team Would He Be A Part Of?

#1 Posted by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

In a fairly recent interview with Greg Rucka, (current punisher writer) it was revealed by him that marvel comics editor Stephen Wacker had mentioned that after Warzone (the 5 issue mini starting in October), Punisher will probably be a part of a team based title. If this ends up being the case, what team could the Punisher possibly be a part of? Or do you think there will be a new team to come out of this entirely?

#2 Edited by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be anything at this point, Marvel has announced some crazy things with this Marvel NOW thing. I know some people were saying it could be x force, others were saying a new team book, so really hard to tell at the moment to me.

#3 Posted by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

@RScottH08: Suddenly. RScottH08... haha. Yeah, that's very true. Hoping to see something nice come out of it. Can't take such an amazing run as this and follow up throwing him into something sub-par. Though as you say, could be anything at this point.

#4 Posted by Bionder (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know if it work, The punisher is better when is working alone but i can imagine Marvel put him in some black ops team.

#5 Posted by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bluefox170: Honestly I'm surprised with the Punisher situation in general. So is this team book really the only thing he'll be in.

#6 Posted by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bionder: Yeah, that's where I'm at. It doesn't make sense to me to put Frank on a team unless it's as you say some black op team that isn't too shy about the way he does business.

#7 Posted by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

@RScottH08: As of this moment it's the only thing that has been mentioned, Rucka was told that at the end of War Zone his run would be finished and someone else would be in the driver seat of Franks life in an undisclosed team book. Which would be weird for a fairly iconic character like him. It would be logical to think they may have something else up their sleeve as well but marvel hasn't been shy with experimenting lately so you never know.

#8 Posted by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bluefox170: If a team book is all he's gonna have, then ya I can see why it's wired for him to be a team player. To me the best thing to do if he's on a team would be for Frank to lead it. Him taking orders from someone wouldn't make sense to me, but if were under his rules, then maybe it would seem better.

#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29505 posts) - - Show Bio

A new Marvel Knights team?

#10 Posted by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

@RScottH08: Indeed, and we are already seeing leadership with his partner Rachel. By this next issue the solicit foreshadows Frank accomplishing his goal in shaping her into a full fledged Punisher. A leadership roll would definitely add more sense.

#11 Posted by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

A new Marvel Knights team?

I could actually visualize something as such. Not a bad idea, I would probably be able to welcome this under the right circumstances.

#12 Posted by Bionder (296 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bluefox170 said:

@RScottH08: Indeed, and we are already seeing leadership with his partner Rachel. By this next issue the solicit foreshadows Frank accomplishing his goal in shaping her into a full fledged Punisher. A leadership roll would definitely add more sense.

I couldn't agree more. But my idea is still the same, integrate the Punisher in some team is just out of the character...

#13 Posted by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bionder: @Bionder said:

@Bluefox170 said:

I couldn't agree more. But my idea is still the same, integrate the Punisher in some team is just out of the character...

Agreed, Frank would be a puzzle piece that wouldn't fit if he were used as just another name on the roster, especially with his current golden characterization.

#14 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-men

#15 Posted by The Lobster (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the future Frank Castle that we saw in Uncanny X-force was a member of the X-force. So maybe he'd be a part of that. Future Psylocke told future Wolverine that no matter what, this future was going to happen because if it wasn't then they'd have faded away. Although who knows maybe Rick Remender has a trick up his sleeve.

#16 Posted by Bionder (296 posts) - - Show Bio

I think of all the teams around, Uncanny X-men is the best choice for Frank.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.